Anyone else hate not having portals?

(Locked)

85 Draenei Mage
I don't know where else to post this, but after already hating some of the other changes made recently, not the least of which were some of the pally changes, especially the change to hand of reckoning (why can't it at least cause a little damage, it was so fun to run around Elwynn and yell at cows and watch them keel over...) the fact that only mages can get around easily Stinks! Big Time! What were they thinking?!

It doesn't make people go to/stay in the old world better, it just makes getting around in the old world harder and more time consuming. And because they already jacked up the ability to get around easier with this invasion garbage, this is one more reason I'm still on the fence about buying the new Cataclysm. Getting around should not be the HARD part of the game. I can't imagine how much more that must make pvp servers S***. So, is this finally goodbye to the game for me? Several of my other friends have already left the game in search of a game that doesn't jack it's players around this much...

Well, here's to hoping that someone, anyone reads this and gives a darn... Up until a couple months ago I USED to love this game.
80 Gnome Mage
I don't know where else to post this, but after already hating some of the other changes made recently, not the least of which were some of the pally changes, especially the change to hand of reckoning (why can't it at least cause a little damage, it was so fun to run around Elwynn and yell at cows and watch them keel over...) the fact that only mages can get around easily Stinks! Big Time! What were they thinking?!

It doesn't make people go to/stay in the old world better, it just makes getting around in the old world harder and more time consuming. And because they already jacked up the ability to get around easier with this invasion garbage, this is one more reason I'm still on the fence about buying the new Cataclysm. Getting around should not be the HARD part of the game. I can't imagine how much more that must make pvp servers S***. So, is this finally goodbye to the game for me? Several of my other friends have already left the game in search of a game that doesn't jack it's players around this much...

Well, here's to hoping that someone, anyone reads this and gives a darn... Up until a couple months ago I USED to love this game.

Well I am hoping it will raise the level of people in the world thereby raising the level of actual world PVP
100 Draenei Paladin
I moved all of my characters out of Dalaran to Ironforge last night before shutdown.

Been playing since 4 December 2004. We used to survive with no world portals (before TBC of course) and I'm sure we'll survive now.
16 Gnome Rogue
Nope I love the lack of portals.
90 Undead Warrior
in my opinion, this is the single greatest change this patch introduced.

it reminds me of how it used to be, a step back to better times.
80 Undead Rogue
I agree that not having portals sucks. It's not going to make me explore, it's going to make mages richer. I was going to explore on my own anyway (via leveling new toons). I really hope they change thier minds about this.
88 Draenei Warrior
I don't miss the portals one bit. Add in that you will be able to fly EVERYWHERE in 2 weeks and that there are at least double maybe triple the flight points, yeah getting around is'nt going to be that hard.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nobody here can argue with the fact that we are going to miss the convenience of being able to port all over the world rather quickly. I miss the portals and they will be missed by many; however, I am enjoying running around all over the place and seeing the new sights. Now there is 2x-3x the amount of flight paths and being able to fly in two weeks is going to top the cake of awesome.

Now for my critical analysis of all you oldies posting here. Just because it reminds you of the good old days doesn't make it good. Case and point, If I said I'm glad computers are gone because it reminds me of the good old days where we did everything on paper and it presented more of a challenge doesn't make it better.

So lets not use the "It's how we did it back in the day" as a reason for it being awesome; but rather do what I have done and reflect on the real reasons why it's not too bad to have the portals taken away.

100 Night Elf Druid
Note (as I just posted in another thread) that there will be portals from the major cities to the 80-85 zones, which should resolve most of the travel time issues that people who are raiding or leveling in that range will have to worry about.
91 Dwarf Paladin
Nobody here can argue with the fact that we are going to miss the convenience of being able to port all over the world rather quickly. I miss the portals and they will be missed by many; however, I am enjoying running around all over the place and seeing the new sights. Now there is 2x-3x the amount of flight paths and being able to fly in two weeks is going to top the cake of awesome.

Now for my critical analysis of all you oldies posting here. Just because it reminds you of the good old days doesn't make it good. Case and point, If I said I'm glad computers are gone because it reminds me of the good old days where we did everything on paper and it presented more of a challenge doesn't make it better.

So lets not use the "It's how we did it back in the day" as a reason for it being awesome; but rather do what I have done and reflect on the real reasons why it's not too bad to have the portals taken away.

Yes, but unlike pencil and paper this game was actually allot funner back then because people just didnt sit in the main cities porting around we actually traveled to the other 98% of the game.
100 Draenei Death Knight

All I see is blah blah blah, whine whine whine, complain complain complain. If you quit a game because of flight times, you obviously were not enjoying the game because that is a damn stupid reason to quit. So go ahead and leave, the game needs less people that complain about every little stupid thing.
85 Troll Priest
Well I a

While I admit it does slow the game down a little. Not having portals is the way we use to play the game. You get use to it and with flying in Azeroth only 2 weeks away the portals will become a distant memory. Until then ask a Mage for a portal or get a couple of buddy's with a lock to lock summon you
I just have so much fun watching TV while I go from FP to FP and in two weeks I can point my own mount in one direction and STILL watch TV! Yep, best change EVAR! I hope this means Tigole and Furor are back and helping design again because man they just had some of the best (i.e. time-wasting) ideas ever too! Yay! Just...yay...
85 Troll Warrior
Getting around is hard?

Find flight master, click a button, and you're on your way.
80 Undead Rogue

QQ moar. Apparently you didn't play in Vanilla when travel times too forever. Be glad that there are now a LOT more flight points, making travel a bit faster.
86 Blood Elf Hunter
I am going through Portal Withdrawl

/shakes
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
All I see is blah blah blah, whine whine whine, complain complain complain. If you quit a game because of flight times, you obviously were not enjoying the game because that is a damn stupid reason to quit. So go ahead and leave, the game needs less people that complain about every little stupid thing.
90 Tauren Hunter
If removing portals is the "nail in the coffin" for you, then it's likely you aren't going to much like Cataclysm as a whole. Might as well quit, now, and save yourself the $40.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]