Gearing for Raids in Pandaria - Enhancement

90 Draenei Shaman
Overall a nice thread and pretty informational, but are you raiding in that Enhance spec?
You would rather short your dps for instant Ghost Wolf? And I seen you have 3 points in the Resto tree.... You would rather do more and recieve more healing, over increasing your Fire, Frost, and Nature damage by 3% and getting spell hit equal to 100% of total spirit? I have a pretty nice spec set up if you would like to check it out. It may improve your dps alot. After maintenance I have to drop 1 point from Acuity and add 1 point to Elemental Precision.
Edited by Serialkilla on 12/14/2010 7:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Instant Ghost Wolf is not a dps decrease. Movement speed translates to dps in many fights that involve mobility.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Warrior
"You are an amazing person."

Indeed.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Yea Great Job this helps ALot!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Serialkilla: Why the one point in toughness over ghost wolf? Keep in mind, any fight involving running out of something and running back in (Fire storm in baradin hold) you will see a dps INCREASE with ghost wolf. Spirit is a non issue for us too. There is no spirit on melee dps gear.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Serial, why on earth would you talent for spell hit from spirit? What gear are you getting that you have any spirit at all as enhance? It's a bad spec. A run speed increase may not be a visible damage multiplier, but the added survivability and the ability to quickly reposition on a boss is always going to come out ahead, not to mention it lets you add a dps enchant to your feet.

I would also like to point out the foolishness in you NOT taking the speed increase talent, and then glyphing your ghost wolf for an increase in speed. Please do some more research into your class/spec.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
It's not a bad talent for the increased spell dmg, but taking it and saying the benefit from spirit is the reason for it, that is stupid.

Every shaman should take the GW talent imho. It's just that awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Taking points out of Spark of Life would equal no more than a 1% dps increase. When healer mana is at such a premium, 15% extra healing received is very helpful on most encounters.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I was wondering what to do after 2/2 call of flames... then this occured to me while leveling:
I only FS once every 18s -at best-, usually a little longer due to the low priority of ES.
If I specced reverb I could FS every 15s.
I should use UE before FS
UE has a 15s CD.

I totally see your point on Spark, but I find that intelligent use of rage and spirit wolves tend to suffice for helping healers. In the rare occasion that they're not enough, I have no problem tossing a few MW heals around or even straight casting HS to keep people alive. Melee DPS is so absurdly high right now that it shouldn't matter to much.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Just lost Rajh's left eye (expertise trinket) to a hunter.

Sigh.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Posted by Daedalos
Just lost Rajh's left eye (expertise trinket) to a hunter.

Sigh.

Ouch.

Bump for someone

Please sticky this....is there a formal way of requesting a sticky?
Reply Quote
49 Human Warlock
Bump.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Back to the top.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
There are some changes I need to make to the BiS list I made, namely removing Maimgor's Bite and finding more out about the proc of Torment and Agony to weigh it against dual Crul'korak. I don't believe heroic Maimgor's exists, meaning it's out 110 hit rating (easily made up through reforging.. just not sure what's better yet.)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
A question for Ashunera, may i provide a link to this thread via a thread inside a guild website? i wanna make sure i get any written consent or whatever before i do something bad. lol ty
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Post links wherever you like :P
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Very nice guide. Thank you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]