Deathwing

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
I have seen some youtube videos regarding the beta, so I could be premature in saying this, but compared to the cinematic and login screen, Deathwing should be much bigger right?

I mean he uses the two towers in SW as a damn perch. But the videos I've seen have him barely half the size of what is indicated by the cinematic/login. Granted he is quite large already, I just get the impression he should be nearly double in size based on, as I said, the cinematic and login.

Anyway, just thought I would throw that out, perhaps a discussion piece. New forums and all.
90 Night Elf Druid
What if Deathwing had boobies? Two birds-one stone?
85 Night Elf Priest
Oh dear god.

/facepalm

The next time I see you on real ID Art.. boy I'll!!!!
90 Night Elf Druid
Careful...I might just ban you again. :O
85 Undead Death Knight
Wanna punch that dragon in the face.
85 Troll Shaman
haven't seen him in-game yet.
85 Undead Warlock
What if Deathwing had boobies? Two birds-one stone?

I think you mean one bird-two boobs.
85 Undead Warlock

Kingslayer Declanan has not seen any sign of this cowardly excuse for a dragon! Maybe I'll go check out the quests in Hillsbrad.
85 Night Elf Priest

Kingslayer Declanan has not seen any sign of this cowardly excuse for a dragon! Maybe I'll go check out the quests in Hillsbrad.

lolKingslayer 10.

Since when were we on an RP server? On top of that, what is your reason for calling Deathwing a "cowardly excuse for a dragon"? Anyone who knows lore knows Deathwing isn't someone to be messed with, and is far stronger than the lolich King.

KINGSLAYER.
Edited by Deltrus on 12/2/2010 7:55 AM PST
85 Undead Death Knight

There are several ironic things about this post
85 Blood Elf Mage
didnt it take all of the elemental dragons or whatever they are called to banish him...they couldnt kill him i know that much
85 Undead Death Knight
didnt it take all of the elemental dragons or whatever they are called to banish him...they couldnt kill him i know that much

They didn't banish him. He beat the everliving @#@% out of the other 4 aspects and basically only lost because Rhonin destroyed the Demon's Soul or whatever it was, stopping it from sapping power from the other aspects.

The other 4 ended up beating the @#@% out of him and he fled, why they didn't kill him is unknown from a storyline position, but it's pretty obvious that the writers wanted to keep Deathwing around as a future villain.
85 Night Elf Priest
I think they didn't kill him because they had some hope left they could save him from the whispers he was receiving from the Old Gods. Back then it was pretty much unheard of to them to kill a fellow aspect.

Obviously... things have changed since then.
85 Undead Warlock

lolKingslayer 10.

Since when were we on an RP server? On top of that, what is your reason for calling Deathwing a "cowardly excuse for a dragon"? Anyone who knows lore knows Deathwing isn't someone to be messed with, and is far stronger than the lolich King.

KINGSLAYER.

Everyone needs a little RP in their life. :D
85 Tauren Paladin
12/03/2010 12:40 AMPosted by Declanan

lolKingslayer 10.

KINGSLAYER.

Everyone needs a little RP in their life. :D

Agreed with the above, I just can't RP for the life of me in WoW. Seriously? With all the unbelievably crazy theories on how the Holy Light works with Tauren, Night Elves, etc, I'd seriously piss off some lore crazies. Granted, it's not that I could do worse than some of the zanier stuff pulled with Burning Crusade...

However, I can confirm Deathwing is indeed in-game. Last week I ported into Blasted Lands to find everything on fire and dead. In that order. I sadly just missed my chance for the Stood in the Fire achievement.

But, he's a roamin'.
85 Undead Death Knight
12/04/2010 9:18 AMPosted by Rauf

how the Holy Light works with Tauren

Covered in the Shattering more or less. They channel light from the sun, and as Anduin puts it "Light is light, no matter what the source"

Their light magic is somewhat different, not really reflected in-game since it was require them to redesign the paladin class(again lol) for just tauren.
90 Night Elf Druid
My original issue has nothing to do with whether he is in game or not, but simply how big the dragon actually is vs. what has been shown from beta leaked videos in contrast to what is indicated by the cinematic+log in screen.

BUT, continue with your RP.
Edited by Artaiosniul on 12/4/2010 3:54 PM PST
85 Tauren Paladin
12/04/2010 3:49 PMPosted by Ayen
12/04/2010 9:18 AMPosted by Rauf

how the Holy Light works with Tauren

Covered in the Shattering more or less. They channel light from the sun, and as Anduin puts it "Light is light, no matter what the source"

Their light magic is somewhat different, not really reflected in-game since it was require them to redesign the paladin class(again lol) for just tauren.

Actually, I've found some interesting things on that. Anduin has a point though, and I remember reading something...weird. So, the Earthmother's eyes are the sun and moon, and the Night Elves worship the moon. Now, what if Elune was actually E'lune (moon priestesses using Light)? Would this mean that An'she's naming conventions are purely coincidental or have meaning?

Found it an interesting conjecture...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]