Badge vendor iLvL 346 Healing Shield.

90 Draenei Shaman
The shield Im talking about is: http://www.wowhead.com/item=57925

I would just like to make a simple request, and even get others opinions on this.

Could the mastery on the shield be changed to haste or crit, something both of the shield bearing healers could equally benefit from. Considering there probably wont be any alternative for early raiding I wont be looking forward to having to pick it up. Of course the shaman mastery could be revised between now and when we begin raiding. (Unlikely)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Shaman mastery is fine. People should really update themselves on current builds before crying up a storm.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Haste, Int and Crit still outdo it when judging by HEP values.

Seeing as how shields, especially healing shields, can be quite hard to replace. It would be nice to get one with mare appealing stats on them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Which is why Im saying wouldnt it be better to have a stat everyone can agree on?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Crit would be bad due to elemental. Haste would be bad since healers don't have the mana pools to support higher burn rates yet, and the benefit to quick response times should be drastically lower in the first tier of 85 content.

Mastery is fine. It's good for everyone, and awesome for elemental. Even if the new and improved resto shaman mastery is worse than other stats, it's not going to be significantly worse.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=76455

hay look at this, a craftable alternative with the stats you want

what are badges yo?
Edited by Gariplox on 11/24/2010 3:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
If mastery is that terrible woudn't it be better to focus on getting that stat improved rather then getting the stat removed from upgrades?

Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
You know......

we can use things other than shields too........

I'll give you a perfect example
Marrowgar's Shield, has the exact same stats as the Blood Princes off hand with the exception of block rating and a small bit of armor.

Now that Spirit is good for paladin and shaman healers, Sindragosa Sundial would honestly probably be better than Marrowgar's shield.
this i mean sure wed look weitd but theres other options
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Wait, why is the Shaman mastery so bad? It looks like a sort of a smart Crit, as it heals for more the lower health the target is.

Though going for any of this stat could lower your overall hps/healing done and all that, it seems like it picks up the slack when you need it the most. So, spreadsheets might not reflect that.

This stat, in tandem with haste, could prove a lifesaver I would think. What's the problem here?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Wait, why is the Shaman mastery so bad? It looks like a sort of a smart Crit, as it heals for more the lower health the target is.

Though going for any of this stat could lower your overall hps/healing done and all that, it seems like it picks up the slack when you need it the most. So, spreadsheets might not reflect that.

This stat, in tandem with haste, could prove a lifesaver I would think. What's the problem here?

The problem is that while blizz wants peoples health to never really be maxed out, thing arent really working like that on the beta. Theres currently enough strong raid dmg going out that everyone must be at 100% or they might just be killed by the incoming dmg taking 50% of their health. In other words, our mastery doesnt often come into play; and when it does we very rarely get the full benefit of it.

That crafted shield looks really good, thanks for showing me Gariplox.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
The problem is that while blizz wants peoples health to never really be maxed out, thing arent really working like that on the beta. Theres currently enough strong raid dmg going out that everyone must be at 100% or they might just be killed by the incoming dmg taking 50% of their health. In other words, our mastery doesnt often come into play; and when it does we very rarely get the full benefit of it.

That crafted shield looks really good, thanks for showing me Gariplox.

Lol, ok I could see that. So it's like Corpse Tongue Coin syndrome then.

I mean, how often is it that your boss or corporate tells you they have this great idea to change some process of what you do every day, and then things just revert back to how they were a few days later.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Don't forget that reforging now allows us to customize our gear to a fair degree. If mastery remains a somewhat underbudget stat for us, we can still just take the ilevel upgrade and dump a lot of the mastery for a more desirable stat.

Ideally, of course, Blizzard will balance out the relative values of the stats better for us, but reforging is a reasonable fix for the situation until they do.

I am certainly disappointed though that they added a new stat to the game and it's ended up having a lower relative value than the existing ones. If anything, mastery should have been balanced to have a slightly higher value than crit or haste for most specs so that players would actually be excited about using it, especially since it boosts output in interesting ways for a lot of specs (including Restoration shaman.)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
There will be more than one spellcaster shield at 85.

The various shields will have different stats.

If you don't like the stats on one shield, you can use another.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

That shield is playing games.... love games.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

I hope so.. still sporting one from ToC. Sindy was stingy with hers!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The EJ theorycrafting on mastery is out of date, you're looking at threads before they buffed shaman mastery. It's a good stat now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]