Badge vendor iLvL 346 Healing Shield.

90 Draenei Shaman
The EJ theorycrafting on mastery is out of date, you're looking at threads before they buffed shaman mastery. It's a good stat now.

You continue to assume that everyone but yourself is incorrect.

Mastery continues to be low among wanted stats for Resto Shaman.

Resto Druids tried all of the Wrath expansion to get crit off of our gear, but Blizzard refused despite its uselessness to our healing. Asking for stats to not appear on gear tends to not get taken seriously at Blizzard.

At least you were able to get your mastery changed during the beta. I would be all for that as well.
Edited by Lalluna on 11/24/2010 4:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
The EJ theorycrafting on mastery is out of date, you're looking at threads before they buffed shaman mastery. It's a good stat now.

Resto Druids tried all of the Wrath expansion to get crit off of our gear, but Blizzard refused despite its uselessness to our healing. Asking for stats to not appear on gear tends to not get taken seriously at Blizzard.

At least you were able to get your mastery changed during the beta. I would be all for that as well.

Everything I've read says that Shaman Mastery is almost impossible to model accurately....which I find refreshing TBH. There's too many variables.

How about you play around yourself at 85 at see what stats work best for how you play?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

Everything I've read says that Shaman Mastery is almost impossible to model accurately....which I find refreshing TBH. There's too many variables.

There aren't really THAT many variables. Once a target's health drops below a certain percentage, mastery should become more valuable point-for-point than haste or crit as a throughput stat. All they have to do is figure out what percentage health the target has to have in order for the stat to break even, and then you can decide if you actually see targets going below that threshold on a regular basis.

If the threshold is something like 30% then mastery is a bad stat because we will seldom let a target that low without already putting a lot of healing into them, so haste and crit will be considerably more useful.

On the other hand, if the threshold is up at something like 70% then mastery might be pretty good because I guess it's not too uncommon in the Cataclysm raiding environment for players to be sitting below that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ummm....... WTF is wrong with shaman mastery? If every healer had a baseline 5k heal, Shamans heal would hit harder then others based on our mastery. right?

You say our mastery only comes into play when someone is low on health... when else would you heal them? Over healing is highly frowned upon in Cata, ergo Shamans have the chance to be the most conservative with thier mana, opposed to other classes.

Also, i hear reforging costs Munney.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You're sadly misinformed on mastery..

Its our 3rd best stat after int and haste.

Haste to HR and Elw soft cap, then mastery. Thats gearing strat.

And LOL at 'raid never gets below 80%'. I find it amusing that you seem to think all raids are immortal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

How about you play around yourself at 85 at see what stats work best for how you play?

Heard wrong, it's actually very easy, and was done a few days ago. End result was mastery is better than crit when target is below like 70 or 80% hp. (somewhere there, can't recall exact number) And better than haste when target is below 43% hp. when you factor in hpm, master the first few tiers makes it very attractive indeed compared to haste. Thats why more than likely our gearing strat will be based on not total haste, but on hot soft caps.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
End result was mastery is better than crit when target is below like 70 or 80% hp. (somewhere there, can't recall exact number) And better than haste when target is below 43% hp.

Ok, that's not so bad, then. That should mean mastery is at least comparable to crit as a throughput stat (although crit does still provide Ancestral Healing and Improved Water Shield procs.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]