So I try to be philosophical about Nerfs

90 Pandaren Warrior
But I don't like that the numbers in the patch notes are frankly incorrect (Heroic strike and cleave are both down far, far more than 17%, I think cleave is likely down close to 60% and HS looks to have lost between 30% and 40% of its damage). I also feel completely useless in PvP now, both as arms and fury, I'm only around 1250 resil in my PvP gear, so I'm not intensely well set up for it, but I was doing pretty well and having fun prior to the patch... now along with hitting like a lamb I die a lot faster, some classes definitely didn't take a nerf this patch.

I try to avoid the pointless bravado on both sides of things... but this has me pretty crestfallen, I was really enjoying things in 4.01 and given my DK and Warrior are comparably geared and were doing roughly similar damage in PvE (I'm just a casual 10 person raider, so I've been happy with my 13.5k festergut numbers), I don't exactly understand why warriors were hit quite so hard with this patch.

I'm guessing I'll retire the character and probably level an alt for a bit, situation just stinks and I felt like venting a little. I cannot say I understand this nerf because with my two roughly similarly geared characters doing approximately similar damage prior to the patch, I don't see why one ate a huge damage debuff. I was having fun messing around in PvP, but after this, ouch neither arms nor fury has any bite. Anyone actually doing okay who has any advice?
Edited by Iskala on 11/24/2010 3:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Damage was readjusted with 85 in mind, so it's pretty wacky right now. Just keep this in mind and keep practicing. Getting better while the class is in a poor state will only make you feel godlike when you get Colossus Smash, then hit 85, and pick up some pvp gear again.
Reply Quote
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, rollercoaster without end. Amen.
Edited by Wargallow on 11/24/2010 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Your assessment is correct. They reduced the damage of ALL of our abilities. Not because we were doing to much now, but because of abilities that we don't have yet will cause us to do too much damage in about a month or so.

I respect that you were able to express your sentiments without going on a tirade -- no qq, no sky is falling. Just stated fairly concisely what you experienced and how you felt about it.

Our choices are to live with it, find an alt that you like to play or find another game. I am very disappointed with my warrior, though I was looking forward to leveling my warrior to 85 first. I just can't see doing it now. As I try to play the other characters that I have, I find that they are sort of lackluster -- I really preferred my warrior over the others. So I guess for me it is to deal with the nerfs or find another hobby/game.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
On the plus side, I believe all the crafted tanking gear is available at level 80 and is all stupendously good. Fill it out with some random crap you pick up now, snag a slow quest 1hander, get the slow crafted 1hander at 81, and you're in business to level to 85.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Herp. Derp. A derp derp derp.

With 4.0.1, they buffed us TEMPORARILY with 25% extra damage for Fury. And now they knocked it down by 17%. So now we're only up by 8% on top of all our other buffs.

How is this a nerf? Did people really get committed to the OP damage output they had for two weeks before an expansion?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Well, they bumped up DW spec by 25% along with bumping everything else up. They then took that additional 25% damage increase (which was, imo, to compensate for not having Colossus Smash) along with nerfing our abilities by 17% or so.

So yeah, it is a nerf now. No one should argue that.

What they should acknowledge is that we are beyond fine at 85 in even 333 gear. This two week period means absolutely nothing and if you're still trying for H LK or something, well, you missed the boat. Sorry.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

With 4.0.1, they buffed us TEMPORARILY with 25% extra damage for Fury. And now they knocked it down by 17%. So now we're only up by 8% on top of all our other buffs.

I agree with almost all of what you're saying, they buffed us temporarily and then took it away now that the xpak is basically here. However, your math is off. Increasing something by 25% and then decreasing by 17% does not net 8% positive change. Hopefully people arent playing the stock market with that logic.
Reply Quote
What they should acknowledge is that we are beyond fine at 85 in even 333 gear. This two week period means absolutely nothing and if you're still trying for H LK or something, well, you missed the boat. Sorry.

But muh LK kill!!!

Ah screw it, i stopped caring about raiding weeks ago and haven't bothered to sign up for a single raid in weeks. Right now my in game interest is entirely in getting all my alts as ideally situated for cata as possible, which has 3 of my 40 80s JP capped, and all of them just working on achievements.

But what i saw from yesterdya is my warrior isn't really suffering at all. My dps seems fine still, so...meh?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]