Not that bad.

85 Orc Warrior
Don't get me wrong -- I think it sucks that we got nerfed, shredding through everything was awesome while it lasted, but unless you were always against another high rated player, it was cake.

Now we have more of a challenge, chopping healers is a bit more difficult, but making sure you're always lining up your attacks is even more crucial (setting up lambs of the slaughter, for instance, which you should always do).

Warriors are being shaped for cata where we get colossus smash, where then we will tear things apart. 1v1 is harder now, but when in a battleground we can still put out a constant amount. 1v1 is trickier, still hold a good chance if you properly counter your opponent, but none the less, it is still a bit harder.

Either way, getting nerfed blows, but I think it's even better practice to work on getting a KB with basically overall 17% damage reduction. Just keep in mind colossus smash will be one of the main things warriors will use to output burst. So don't get too upset too quickly, not that bad.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
6 seconds is two hits. One heroic strike and a raging blow or bloodlust.

How much burst are we talking exactly?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

CS, TD/BS on a naked chick will be like popping cherries.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior

It's actually three instants, two heroic Strikes at least, and 4-5 white hits.

CS -> BT -> RB -> BT along with whatever HSes and white hits also land there. It can be some pretty heavy burst if you've got the rage and even more if Battle Trance procs.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I'm talking about arms pvp.
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Warrior
Saying it'll all be better at 81 is a pathetic excuse. If Colossus Smash is that big a deal why do we have to wait until we're nearly at the end of the levelling grind to get it? That's like making shamans wait until level 83 to get flame shock, or making druids wait till level 75 to get cat form. If it's such an integral part of the class we really should have it by level 60-something at the latest.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

CS -> BT -> RB -> BT along with whatever HSes and white hits also land there. It can be some pretty heavy burst if you've got the rage and even more if Battle Trance procs.

How are you getting two heroic strikes out of a 6 second debuff? Is CS off the GCD?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Saying it'll all be better at 81 is a pathetic excuse. If Colossus Smash is that big a deal why do we have to wait until we're nearly at the end of the levelling grind to get it? That's like making shamans wait until level 83 to get flame shock, or making druids wait till level 75 to get cat form. If it's such an integral part of the class we really should have it by level 60-something at the latest.

It's not a pathetic excuse at all. I'm talking about pvp. That will be crucial when dealing burst, and its every 20 seconds, and it procs.. It's going to be huge and if we get it at the end of leveling or not, it is still going to be one of the most important abilities for warrior pvp
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior

How are you getting two heroic strikes out of a 6 second debuff? Is CS off the GCD?

HS is off of the GCD. CS is on the GCD. The CS -> BT -> RB -> BT is all just what you use on the GCDs. Heroic Strike can be weaved in whenever since it's off of the GCD and such.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
BiS
And for those saying, "How will I have enough rage!?" Simply Deadly Calm is super cool!

I do plan on bursting people down by going "Activate Trinket (If able) > Deadly Calm > CS > HS > MS > OP > HS > Something else here"
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Yeah, there's some great potential for burst in Cata for both specs really.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior

Warriors aren't the only class that got something that contributes a lot to their playstyle @ 85. Hunters are much worse than they appear with cobra shot. It sounds like to me all you want is for them to add new abilities to fix every shortcoming in the class and leave the expansion abilities to do....what?

The game suck at 80, everyone knows that. In less than 2 weeks nobody will care about wotlk content and unless you're somebody who twinks characters none of the balance issues that exist right now will matter.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I was wondering why my numbers were lower, although I feel like I am still an unstoppable barrage of death. It doesn't bother my leveling one bit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]