Holy Shock was nerfed?

85 Draenei Paladin
I didn't see this in the patch notes anywhere, but it appears to be healing for about half as much. If someone could provide a link it would be appreciated, otherwise, I hope this is being looked into.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I don't see anything on holy shock in the notes they posted and the search function on Firefox doesn't show anything either.

However, I'm seeing the same thing you are. My Holy Shock is hitting for around 4k, before the patch it was nearly 8k.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
Yeah really wtf...? My shock also heals for 1/2 from monday.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I'm getting 6k crits in pvp as opposed to 12k.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Hopefully we can get a blue post explaining what the hell happened, cause I am lost.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I've noticed it's almost exactly 50% as effective as it was yesterday. Quite annoying, actually. Even with the talented healing buffs I didn't have before, it'd be useless if it weren't an instant cast.
Edited by Janaire on 11/23/2010 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
It's only current use atm is to bring Divine Light to a decent cast time.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I would like the notes stating this please. Our only instant cast heal outside of WoG heals us for 8% of our health on crits? That's pretty lame.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
we get .7 second divine lights that top off anyone off of holy shock crits, were fine

I gave you a red flag =(
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
we get .7 second divine lights that top off anyone off of holy shock crits, were fine

You seriously almost have to be trolling to make that statement. Oh we get to cast a quick, completely inefficient heal every 6 secs (based on a 30-40% crit chance) in place of a 50% holy shock nerf? Yea, definitely fine. It doesn't surprise me the Holy Shock nerf wasn't listed...
Edited by Fooqwan on 11/23/2010 11:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

i have never once gone oom so far since patch 4.0 as holy, in pvp with 8 minute+ fights and in pve with whatever scripted encounter im doing, holy paladins are by far the most efficient healer in the game atm and at 85 especially now with seal of insight restoring mana on judgement, in pvp you will still use holy shock every cd so your holy power gain will be the same barring retarded blessed life that needed to be nerfed.

in pvp you should never be casting divine light outside of infusion of light procs, most of the time you can keep almost anything up with just shocks / wogs and the occasional flash of light. with the divine light buff we are way better at keeping up anything that we were pre patch (pvp wise i could care less about raiding)

Go play a resto shaman, then come back and tell me holy pallys are the most efficient healer in the game atm. Far from it, my shaman outheals, mana lasts longer, and heals are much more efficient, not to mention, it's not an annoying game of continuous health bar battles with ES, totems, hots and procs.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I'm getting 6k crits in pvp as opposed to 12k.

Oh dear! The 12k instant heal got nerfed? It was so balanced! Poor paladin's.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I didn't see this in the patch notes anywhere, but it appears to be healing for about half as much. If someone could provide a link it would be appreciated, otherwise, I hope this is being looked into.

This nerf was on the beta so yes, it was expected. I'm kind of surprised they didn't put it in the patch notes though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]