Thunderstorm - Why keep 1-shot kill abilities

62 Troll Hunter
I thought abilities weren't supposed to one-shot people "when all the stars align".

It doesn't matter what my current health is.
It doesn't matter how much resilience I'm wearing.
It doesn't matter if my trinket is up.
It doesn't matter if I'm out of mana.

So why is Thunderstorm still in the game when Battlegrounds are becoming a primary focus for PVP?
Edited by Deepclip on 11/24/2010 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I drowned in a lake, nerf frost mages.

Was the lake made of tears?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
They should nerf mages regardless of that lol

Thats funny coming from a paladin.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Your tears fuel my desire to blast people off the edge in Arathi Basin
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Paladins haven't been overpowered since 3.0
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
AFK

a paladin would say that...
Reply Quote
This topic is valid because positioning isn't something you should think about in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wanna know what the Shaman was using if he did 35k to you with Thunderstorm, and none of it was the result of falling damage. Unless "when all the star align" actually means "When I stand near the cliff at Lumber Mill and the shaman walks up and laughs before blowing me away." All I know at that point is reroll rogue for safe fall and glyph, or reroll paladin to bubble your butt before ya hit the ground, lol.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue

And That's funny coming from a Death Knight

And that's funny coming from a Rogue.

WHAT CLASS IS NEXT?
Reply Quote
79 Draenei Shaman

Maybe that's somewhat true for Ret. Prot was OP for most of wrath.
Edited by Graphite on 11/24/2010 3:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
I thought abilities weren't supposed to one-shot people "when all the stars align".

So why is Thunderstorm still in the game when Battlegrounds are becoming a primary focus for PVP?

At 85.

At 85.

At 85.

Guess what happens at 85?

Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin

At 85.

At 85.

At 85.

You still get knocked off into outer space to your death in BG's? lol, that's the OP's point anyway I think. Personally I don't mind tstorm or druid tidal wave.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock

At 85.

At 85.

At 85.

Falling damage is a percent of max health, so the same drop that killed you at 80 kills you at 85?
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight
I made a thread about this with Cata and rated BG's coming soon. They just need to treat knockbacks like disengage, make the caster move instead of the attackers. It still buys the space the caster needs and prevents cheese deaths. They got rid of having people who were feared (and on the epic rare occasion blinded) run off of cliffs. So why not this as well, especially before they throw more knockback mechanics into the game.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Warrior
I love baiting that while I have Pillar of Frost up, I don't think many know about that ability yet.

Anyway, I too think it's annoying that the only answer to these abilities is "Don't fight them near cliffs."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]