Thunderstorm - Why keep 1-shot kill abilities

80 Blood Elf Rogue
I still prefer the mind control suicide method. At least it wasn't instant.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

I'm a little less sympothetic to people that complain about MC suicides.

- It's a casted spell that can be interupted.
- It's a channeled spell that can be interrupted.
- It's dispellable.
- It's trinketable.

None of these things are true for the shaman/boomkin.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I thought abilities weren't supposed to one-shot people "when all the stars align".

So why is Thunderstorm still in the game when Battlegrounds are becoming a primary focus for PVP?

All I see here is QQQQQQQQQ.

if your awareness sucks badly enough to get punted off a cliff by a shaman or druid then you deserve it.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin

I'm a little less sympothetic to people that complain about MC suicides.

- It's a casted spell that can be interupted.
- It's a channeled spell that can be interrupted.
- It's dispellable.
- It's trinketable.

None of these things are true for the shaman/boomkin.

True, but it's still a one-shot kill.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Don't stand near ledges, problem solved.

They'd have to move the flag at LM and in EoTS for your suggestion to be feasible.

Thunderstorm and Typhoon would bother me a lot less if I could Deathgrip while falling.

so you got punted off the flag while trying to cap. QQ more.

maybe you should have stopped trying to zerg the flag and dealt with the shaman.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
or do one of MANY things that almost any class can do

Do to survive or prevent being thrown? As I said surviving doesn't do you anything except waste your time and in many cases major CDs. Nevermind the fact that now even though you survived your team is now fighting with one few member.

kill the shammy first?

So now you've just admitted that knockbacks are clearly OP in these situations. No other class actually "has" to be killed before taking the flags or nodes. But shaman and boomkin do. That is an undeniably huge advantage.

yes every healer class 'has' to be killed first before taking a flag / node or else the other team will run around with full health the entire time

And actually ALL classes have to be killed before taking a flag/node otherwise they will just prevent you from taking it.

What are you even saying? Do you think about what you are typing?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I thought abilities weren't supposed to one-shot people "when all the stars align".

So why is Thunderstorm still in the game when Battlegrounds are becoming a primary focus for PVP?

All I see here is QQQQQQQQQ.

if your awareness sucks badly enough to get punted off a cliff by a shaman or druid then you deserve it.

this... this game has already been dumbed down enough, heaven forbid you have some situational awareness....
Edited by Calsun on 11/24/2010 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
And actually ALL classes have to be killed before taking a flag/node otherwise they will just prevent you from taking it.

This is why PuGs fail so remarkably well. It is a sign of a really really bad player.

Here's the way it should work.
Step 1) CC the players defending
Step 2) Tap the flag.
Step 3) Kill the players

Otherwise it works like this:
Step 1) Kill Defender #1
Step 2) Kill Defender #2
Step 3) Touch flag
Step 4) Hope Defender #1 has not respawned
Step 5) Hope Reinforcements haven't arrived.

Moreover, the 2nd approach usually requires you to have an overwhelming force because if there is too much time between Step #1 & Step #2, Step #4 will happen.
Edited by Divinara on 11/24/2010 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Maybe that warrior and warlock should go hit LM because they can charge / teleport if that ele shammy I saw running around is up there.

You have to set up the teleport before you can use it. If you don't set it up on the ledge you'll be out of range to use it anyhow. So now you're telling people to walk near a ledge, to set up the ability that will save their life if they choose to walk near a ledge?

I always, ALWAYS put down a portal when I get up to the LM for this reason. I cannot tell you how many times I've been knocked off and sent flying over the cliff only to spam my port macro and get right back into helping my team defend/take the flag.

No, you dont' have to set it up on the ledge. I always put it right behind the rock (Farm side) and I make sure I don't run too far from the port (which I always limit myself to not running past the flag at LM). I always seem to get ported back (with some cover to boot!).

Trust me, it works...and it's one of the only times I truly enjoy this spell.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Has anyone seen the vids of warlocks knocking people to the "roof" (top of the sky)?

No amount of feline grace will save me from that.

Moo
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Has anyone seen the vids of warlocks knocking people to the "roof" (top of the sky)?

No amount of feline grace will save me from that.

Moo

how about the one where a warlock makes a player fall through the ground?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Has anyone seen the vids of warlocks knocking people to the "roof" (top of the sky)? No amount of feline grace will save me from that.

Just like the Shaman/Boomkin kill shot it's really easy to avoid:
Don't fight near a Succubus.

In the same way that you can avoid Shaman/Boomkins, you can also use abilities that prevent fall damage. Sounds fair to me, if Shaman/Boomkins can still instant kill.
Edited by Divinara on 11/24/2010 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
This all assumes that Thunderstorm actually works. Most of the time it just knocks people back about 1 yard, as any incline, pebble, or piece of dust on the ground will prevent it from doing the full knock back. Wee!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
This all assumes that Thunderstorm actually works. Most of the time it just knocks people back about 1 yard, as any incline, pebble, or piece of dust on the ground will prevent it from doing the full knock back. Wee!

I do hate that bug. Though I don't understand what people's problem with using the same invisible walls used for Fear & Blind to prevent players from being instant killed.
Edited by Divinara on 11/24/2010 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Priest have been Mcing, and jumping people off of ledges for years, though I see no mention of it :)

Go ahead, cap LM, I dare ya
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
this can be solved with positioning. you can position yourself so that if you get knockbacked, you will just hit the flag and stop. also incline in the area around you will stop.

you can also ShS, blink, charge intercept intervene heroic leap. if you want to spite the person who knocked you off and you are a DK, you should deathgrip them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]