Seeker...went from 2635/3000 to 1657/3000

85 Tauren Druid
Really? I didnt know you could delete over 1000 quests from the game. It is too bad they didn't report how drastic this is for us who wish to attain Seeker.

I knew there would be a drop, maybe something in the realm of 300-500 but jeez. Oh well, there's nothing anyone can do.
Edited by Hatlo on 11/24/2010 2:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
When I check your armory for the ach, it shows 2389. When I logged in earlier, at first it showed me at about 1500 (down from around 2200), but later on after I knocked out all the new Hillsbrad quests, it showed me at a much more desirable number again. I think it's just a little buggy. Take heart; looks like you didn't get set back that much after all. :D
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
DOM
Most of them weren't even deleted. They had their NPCs moved, or the level of the NPCs required for them change (or their level changed), then reset. It seems like the majority of the quests that were lost are still in the game basically the same, just at a different level or from another NPC.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Ok my number has changed back somewhat...now standing at 2441/3000. Its just wierd its happening durring gameplay.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Crashed, relogged. Now its back at 1700/3000 I do not know whats going on??
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
i was 600/700 kalimdor

I'm about 20/700 now

Do i care? NOPE NEW LOWBIE QUEST ARE AMAZING!!!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
That may be, but the old quests that are still there and erroneously reset aren't particularly fun when you have to repeat them.

EDIT: It seems that doing quests fixes the counter, but every time I zone it bugs out again. I have about 175 left to go, so perhaps I will be able to keep the new Azeroth quests "new" for my alt if I just finish up one or two more zones in Northrend/Outland.
Edited by Korridon on 11/24/2010 4:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Every time I zone in to a different area my quest counter goes from ~1400 to ~1800 and any point in between. I lost a HUGE amount of quests when I faction switched which is why I have the 2k quests completed achievement.

I sure wish they'd get this fixed. What does it matter what side I did my quests on, I did them and I should have credit for them.

Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I thought they had said that any quests that remain in the game would not be wiped, but even though I have Loremaster of easter Kingdoms, in almost every zone, all quests are reset. I'll have to re-do quests I already did, which is not fun at all.

I really wish they would fix that.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Paladin
went from 4400 quests done to 3200. lol
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
lots of posts talking about this concept.

I am in the same boat and am hoping that blizz fixes this. So far I am hoping its the display bug everyone keeps talking about.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Yah i dont understand why we lose the quests towards seeker. I mean like WE COMPLETED THE QUESTS BEFORE, whether they are still in the game or not, we should still have the credit for completeing the quests.

I was sitting at 2768 well on my way to seeker, and now my display says 2109, why?

Apparently the catacylysm reversed time and quests I completed and dedicated hours to, never happened. I really hope its a bug, Or im one unhappy customer.

If its not a bug its a pretty big slap in the face from Blizzard saying that our time is worthless compared to theres imo. Because they dont wanna hammer out the logistics of dealing with the old and new quest ID's i literally have to pretend that hours, if not days of in game quest time never happened?

Before i get flamed: Ive already starting doing the new quests and there awsome, I just dont understand why were not credited for the old ones anymore.

Edited by Duncanîdaho on 11/24/2010 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you didn't get the joke of an achievement that is the Seeker, then it's time to go do 1-60 again.
NEW LOWBIE QUEST ARE AMAZING!!!
Somebody gets it.

I don't think either of you get it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
The way the quests are given now (giving them a few at a time instead of throwing all quests on your face), needed a reset otherwise it would be all broken in pieces with a few requirements in the line being done.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I lost 600 quests for this achieve, from 2344 down to 1786. Quite frustrating that Blizz couldn't create a simple workaround to retain the correct numbers. Hopefully it is a just a display bug but doing 600 quests again sounds awful.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
DOM
The way the quests are given now (giving them a few at a time instead of throwing all quests on your face), needed a reset otherwise it would be all broken in pieces with a few requirements in the line being done.

On the other hand, it's extremely rigid, and leaves the player with less choice about which quests they want to see.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I had something around 2850-ish, dropped down to 1902. Lost about 950 (or one third). Thanks, Blizzard! :P
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

On the other hand, it's extremely rigid, and leaves the player with less choice about which quests they want to see.

As a player who constantly levels alts, I appreciate the change. While I may have had the Old World memorized like the back of my hand, and knew exactly which quests to group together, it will be a relief for both myself and new players to not to have to go through that mess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]