[A] Guardians of the Light is Recruiting!

Introduction

Guardians of the Light is a mature, casual guild that is dedicated to providing our members with an unique and pleasant playing experience that covers all the content that a World of Warcraft RPPvP server can offer. Our members enjoy a rich and detailed role-play atmosphere; comprehensive leveling support; both casual and challenging raid progression; and various player vs player encounters.

Since our formation on March 18th 2007, our officers and leaders have been committed to creating a strong guild built on a foundation of fairness, respect, and teamwork. By firmly enforcing a clear Code of Conduct, as well as acknowledging and rewarding outstanding behavior, we promote a friendly and helpful atmosphere. Our officers keep the guild well organized, structured, and running smoothly so that our members can focus on enjoying themselves. Promotion through our ranks is firmly based on merit, not on "connections", and only those who have a proven track record are permitted the responsibility of officership.

We roleplay an honorable order of knights that hold respect and justice in high regard, and we expect those who carry our guild tag to carry those characteristics over in their daily behavior; in and out of character. We strongly discourage racist, sexist, or otherwise prejudice behaviors and we encourage our guild members to avoid association with those who do not share our values. While we understand that not everyone will become friends, our firm Zero Drama Tolerance policy prevents small disputes from growing into large confrontations and interrupting our players gaming experience. Players who intentionally seek ways to disrupt the guild are quickly shown the door.

Our Members

Above all else, it is the behavior and attitudes of our members that make our guild what it is today. They are an incredible bunch of people who join the guild for various reasons and find that we are a good home for them. Players who "fit" with us stay with us for the friendship and atmosphere, to share and connect to other like-minded people. Some have even been with the guild for over three years!

Our guild members are all adults and have jobs, families, small children, college classes, and/or other interests outside of WoW. These all come into play and dictate our casual approach to the game. The Guardians have an average age range between 22 and 40, with some of our players as old as 56. We have a male to female ratio of about 5:3, and many of our members are couples in the real world.

Guardians range across all ends of the experience spectrum, a few being total Newbies to WoW and others having played since launch day. Some are leveling their first character while others have 4 or more already at 85. At this time we have around 250 characters in our guild, with almost 1/2 at level 85, and 50 of our players have been active in the last week. Most of our members play daily and there is almost someone online at any time; morning, noon, or night. During prime time (4 to 10 server) we have as many as 20 players online.

Our Raiding

While we are not a "hardcore" raiding guild, Guardians of the Light enjoys a great deal of raiding. The majority of our members have at least one level 85 and we find that raiding offers us a great opportunity to play together as a team. You won't find a distinction between "raiders" and "non-raiders" in the Guardians. Everyone is welcomed to participate in any raid they wish to attend, provided they meet the reasonable requirements for the dungeon. We use http://www.wow-heroes.com to determine a character's readiness for a raid. We also have a basic performance expectation of our players for progressive raiding content (i.e. minimum DPS or HPS) which we determine through participation in older current lvl content. Unlike many raiding guilds we do not require our guild members to raid; participation is completely optional.

To handle loot, we use a Suicide Kings loot system. We find this system works best for everyone; it allows our more raid-active players to get the loot they need while not punishing those who only wish to raid occasionally. You can read more about Suicide Kings at: http://www.wowpedia.org/Suicide_Kings .

We currently have a prime-time raiding schedule at 6PM Server time (VeCo is PST) and we raid on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday nights. We are looking forward to participating in Dragon Soul content at launch, and growing our team to participate in 25man content when they are ready.
Edited by Elyssah on 11/23/2011 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Our Role-play

The Guardians embrace a rich roleplay environment with a great attention to detail. While we do not require our players to be RPers, we do expect them to abide by the rules we set into place concerning RP and OOC. We also try to avoid any exceptionally bizarre or offensive names; you won't find any "Azzgnome", "Leetpimpz", or "Coxafloppen" in our guild.

Our guild chat is reserved for RP use and we use our guild's Officer chat for regular out-of-character chat. Our guild chat provides our RPers with a very detailed setting for their enjoyment and encourages them to RP without requiring them to travel across the game world for a suitable location. Though the majority of our RP is carried out through guild chat, we do host weekly RP events, and monthly parties for the enjoyment of our roleplayers. We also have monthly RP story writing contests for gold prizes.

Our Player vs Player

Part of our roleplay is our strong support of King Varian Wrynn and his solid anti-Horde stance. We enjoy world PvP confrontations with the Horde and join en masse whenever we have the opportunity. We have laid claim to the Redridge territory, and this greatly increases World PvP opportunities. All guild members, regardless of level, are encouraged to respond to any WorldDefense spam for Lakeshire, Lake Everstill, and Redridge.
We are members of a World PvP alliance among other RP PvP guilds on our server. We are looking for a horde guild to create a World PvP rivalry at this time as well.
Our PvP oriented players also enjoy twice weekly rated BG events and we encourage guild members to form intra-guild Arena Teams.

Leveling with the Guardians

While a large chunk of the characters in our guild are already 85, we accept characters of all levels above 20, and 65 in the case of Death Knights. We actually enjoy having characters level in our guild, since it gives them and us to get to know each other before raiding and Battlegrounds. We won't level your character for you, nor will we promise you unlimited dungeon runs, but we do have a huge reserve of knowledge in the experience of our players and can offer advice and guidance. We also take Horde campers seriously and retaliate on your behalf.
Since there is no limit on alternate characters in our guild, players can have as many alts with us as they can keep active. This results in many low level characters that our players have available for you to play along side.

We love our guild and we know we have a great place to call home. We want to share it with everyone who thinks that we might be the right place for them as well. We invite you to join us as we watch our guild grow to even greater heights and thrive in this expansion. If you are looking for a low-drama, mature RP-PvP-Raiding guild that can work towards goals and progression without making demands on its players' personal time, we are the guild for you. We are especially seeking experienced roleplayers to help our RP side catch up to our PvP and PvE sectors!

If you have any other questions about the Guardians of the Light, please feel free to check out our website http://guardians.guildlaunch.com , our armory page http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/the-venture-co/Guardians%20of%20the%20Light/ or contact any of our officers in game.

Thank you all and happy hunting!
Edited by Elyssah on 11/23/2011 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Guardians of the Light have the endorsement of Knights of Dusk. I've had nothing but positive interactions with its members and its officers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
/Bumps for great people!

Hopefully come Cata we can revive some pvp loving with you all! :)
Reply Quote
/Bumps for great people!

Hopefully come Cata we can revive some pvp loving with you all! :)

We look forward to it! Just contact myself or Xenn to organize something in advance.
Reply Quote
I want to personally thank everyone who has helped get the Guardians to where we are now, guildies and friends alike. Wrath was a great expansion for us, and we expect cataclysm to be even better. We have an outstanding lineup of players, and I can't wait to see what they can do in the coming months!

Happy Expansion Venture Co!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Which guild achievement(s) are you aiming to complete first?
Reply Quote
<grin> All of them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
...of which, thanks to the combined efforts of many guild members and leaders, we knocked out a full 31% (60 achievements) in the first 12 hours. Which at the time of completion, netted a great deal of additional guild experience and perks for all members.

I'm looking forward to the weeks and months to come here. We've got a lot to look forward too.
Edited by Layosa on 12/8/2010 2:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Warrior
Hey, I remember I was in the guild a while back before I transferred realms. Nice to see you guys are still around. ^_^
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I think this may be what I am looking for. I am rerolling a worgen druid for Cata. I would love to check this out in more detail I think.
Reply Quote
12/08/2010 2:53 AMPosted by Layosa
...of which, thanks to the combined efforts of many guild members and leaders, we knocked out a full 31% (60 achievements) in the first 12 hours. Which at the time of completion, netted a great deal of additional guild experience and perks for all members.

I'm looking forward to the weeks and months to come here. We've got a lot to look forward too.

Everyone put forth a monumental effort Tuesday morning, and we were wrapping up level four by completing all the raid achievements when they hot-patched the bonus xp from achievements. /sigh

Thanks again for all you effort guys, I am really proud of the fact that you all set aside your personal goals to see our guild advance. We will continue to complete these achievements, just so we can say we did.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Bump for an awsome guild. Great people and good times await you should you decide to join!

P.S. Dont pet the kitty, he bites....
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Woof
Reply Quote
Thank you everyone for your support of the Guardians of the Light! Due to an influx of new players to our guild, we are closing recruiting for the remainder of the year so that we can better accommodate the needs of our newest players.

If you are interested in joining the Guardians, please visit our website and apply for membership. Either our Recruitment Officer or I will contact you when we reopen recruitment to see if you wish to join our ranks.

Again, our address is: http://guardians.guildlaunch.com
Reply Quote
Just an update for everyone; we've reopened recruitment! Players interested in joining our ranks can feel free to contact any of our players online to be directed to an officer. Alternatively you can apply through our website and be contacted by us!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We had the pleasure of so many new faces in the guild over the past three weeks that I'm not surprised we've let ourselves become the best kept secret on the sever. (What page did this thread slip to?)

Still, can't hurt to give us a tinsy tiny bump from time to time. Welcome all. Hope to see you in game.

(P.S. Any occurrence of the number 80 in the opening post by our lovely Guild Master can be substituted by the number 85, now. We now have almost, if not over, one hundred active 85s in guild now.)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I just wanna say that the Guardians have always felt like a family working hard and enjoying a game together. i played 2 years ago as a complete noob (now I'm a higher lvl noob lol) and was welcomed with no expectations to get to 70 fast (cap at the time) or pressure of any sorts. they genuinely just wished to help me as i enjoyed the game. I had to leave for awhile cause of rl arrgo and was really sad to miss out on their growth over the years. When i heard about all the changes with cata I wanted to comeback to Wow and the guardians, and when i did it was like i was never gone. the atmosphere and camaraderie was just as i had remembered and missed.
This guild has made my experience in wow better every day I've played. we may not be the top of the leader boards in PVP or Achievements but if there was an Achievement for quality of the people behind the characters, the Guardians of light would have have it.
Reply Quote
We're glad that you've come back to the game and to us Talgon. You've been a joy to RP with and to play with.

I can't wait til you get to 85 so you can raid with us.

I hope others will join us for all the fun we have in RP, Rated BGs and Raids!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]