Guarded by the Light nerf way to high

84 Human Paladin
You are 100% wrong. The overhealing shield is amazing and WoG's healing is exactly the same due to a net buff it got.

I get 90% without the talent. I stand by my analysys. I have better things to spend my points on.

You analysis it way off. 2/2 GtbL heals as much as it did with it at 60%. You are just angry it is 10%. Besides the overhealing shield is make makes GtbL as good as it is. You have no basis for your argument.

you are quite wrong man, with 2/2 it still heals for substantially less than it was pre-patch.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You are 100% wrong. The overhealing shield is amazing and WoG's healing is exactly the same due to a net buff it got.

I get 90% without the talent. I stand by my analysys. I have better things to spend my points on.

You analysis it way off. 2/2 GtbL heals as much as it did with it at 60%. You are just angry it is 10%. Besides the overhealing shield is make makes GtbL as good as it is. You have no basis for your argument.

you are quite wrong man, with 2/2 it still heals for substantially less than it was pre-patch.

No...no it doesn't. It used to heal me for around 12k and now it heals me for around 11k. That's more or less equal in my book.
Reply Quote
84 Human Paladin

No...no it doesn't. It used to heal me for around 12k and now it heals me for around 11k. That's more or less equal in my book.

It DEFINITELY heals for much less but i do agree with you about the nerf, it was needed. I was easily tanking very hard content with no healer because every 10 or so seconds i could full heal with WoG. After the patch I tested it a bunch and it seems far more realistic now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Soloing - There is a talent for this, it's called Crusade

PvE (Dungeons and Raids) - You don't take the gbtl talent for the 10%, although that is nice, you take 1 point for it to keep up your holy shield, and you take the second point for the overheal shield so that you never waste a WoG.

PvP - GbtL has no effect on PvP as the net benefit is the same pre-patch as it was post-patch. One poster even goes to state that the 2 points in this talent aren't as useful in PvP cause the holy shield/overheal shield don't matter as much in PvP. That's a net win then as WoG is useful outside of GbtL and free's up 2 more talent points for other things, like potentially Imp HoJ? With regards to PotI, this ability allowed a prot paladin to cast 1 HoPo WoG's every 3 seconds for at least 5k HP (I'm lowballing here as I have no idea how spell power effects these abilities). That's at least 5k HP every 3 seconds, which is huge. In fact, if you put points in Eternal Glory, it's even more often than that. If you can't realize why that's OP, then we can't really help you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It DOES heal for less but saying it heals for "much less" or "substantially less" is very much an exaggeration. It's close to a 1.5 - 2k difference.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
sigh... paladins, the only spell that we use to heal ourselfs during combat in bear form when soloing instance is the nerfed LotP, I think you should be very satisfied with what you have in hand.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
sigh... paladins, the only spell that we use to heal ourselfs during combat in bear form when soloing instance is the nerfed LotP, I think you should be very satisfied with what you have in hand.

Enraged regeneration? not to mention you can cyclone something and shift to caster cast healing touch or shift back.

OR root them, or shift to cat and sprint off to heal.

Prot has.....WoG. Any casted heals we have a epic fail.

But like Xayton said the difference is negligible.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

Crusade doesn't really do much. The 300% holy light is nice, but only after killing something that grants honor or experience. Nothing except bosses in old instances grant us experience, besides the occasional trash mob in Kara. It's useless anyway because holy light is a 2 to 2 1/2 casted heal.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Crusade doesn't really do much. The 300% holy light is nice, but only after killing something that grants honor or experience. Nothing except bosses in old instances grant us experience, besides the occasional trash mob in Kara. It's useless anyway because holy light is a 2 to 2 1/2 casted heal.

I think it doesn't have to award XP to you, just a mob that will grant XP or honor. It procs off of everything you kill basically. Or at least that's how I've noticed it in heroics and normal modes in both Outland and Northrend.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
the overhealing shield doesn't exist anymore, just sayin.

Lawl what? I suggest you take a second look.

By the way...what in the heck is going on with your Ret spec.
Edited by Xayton on 11/25/2010 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Only the second point in GbtL gives the overhealing shield.
1/2 = HS
2/2 = HS, Overhealing Shield.

I am looking at my talent tree right now.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
deep freze - frostbolt *28k* ice lance *16k* shut up pally
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
deep freze - frostbolt *28k* ice lance *16k* shut up pally

L2 Resistance Aura
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]