Several Protection buffs I've noticed

89 Draenei Paladin
It may jsut be timing on my part or something, but it appears that I can use powers like judgment, avenger's shield and shield of the righteous now even while silenced. Also, despite all tehcries about ner%@@e, I swear my tanking and threat have improved since this patch.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
You must be mad.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
You should try some PvP and tell us if you still feel buffed.
LOL PvP. I might care about PvP in WoW if it wasn't all about gear.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi,

Prot just took a major nerf to both mitigation and threat. We did not get buffed.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
Hi,

Prot just took a major nerf to both mitigation and threat. We did not get buffed.
It got a buff to mstery however, so my base block is 32%, and Guarded by the Light took a reduction to 10% from 60 but word fo glory was boosted in it's base effect so the difference is nigligible, the only other effect changed for tanking was Shield of the Righteous but I am still hitting 15k+ criticals with it, so if there's a nerf, it's not noticeable.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
1) Prot had too much threat in raids. So much so that at a certain point, you could just use word of glory and still manage to keep threat thanks to vengeance.

2) Being able to become unhittable in the first tier of content with very little effort was bad. It leaves no room for improvement, and gearing would become extremely boring.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
I was tanking earlier tonight and did not have threat issues even with heavy use of WoG (Festergut I did 26% of the total healing on myself). I'm noticing more spikes, but nothing substantial.
Edited by Terreth on 11/23/2010 9:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It got a buff to mstery however, so my base block is 32%, and Guarded by the Light took a reduction to 10% from 60 but word fo glory was boosted in it's base effect so the difference is nigligible, the only other effect changed for tanking was Shield of the Righteous but I am still hitting 15k+ criticals with it, so if there's a nerf, it's not noticeable.

You received a 30% reduction in damage mitigation, I fail to see how anyone could not notice that...

I was tanking earlier tonight and did not have threat issues even with heavy use of WoG (Festergut I did 26% of the total healing on myself). I'm noticing more spikes, but nothing substantial.

I have not had a big issue with single target threat since the 3 DPS classes that were occasionally pulling off me received slight dmg reductions. BUT I tanked with a DK and a Druid and had serious issues trying to keep any mobs on me with an AoE rotation. Their threat is not scaled with ours atm for AOE.
Edited by Cardnialsyn on 11/24/2010 4:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin

You received a 30% reduction in damage mitigation, I fail to see how anyone could not notice that...
Because I reforged for mastery, I have about 33% block now. No, it's not the 46% it use to be, but it's quite significant since it's always there now.

I have not had a big issue with single target threat since the 3 DPS classes that were occasionally pulling off me received slight dmg reductions. BUT I tanked with a DK and a Druid and had serious issues trying to keep any mobs on me with an AoE rotation. Their threat is not scaled with ours atm for AOE.
I haven't had any AE threat issues either. But then again come Cata dungeons since CC is suppose to be the big deal, AE is soemthing that shouldn't be a concern and worrying about training people to CC more and positioning and stuff, but that I guess is an argument for later.

I've built mysel,f and tanking wise, group or single target, I've not had a single problem with threat. If you are, I suggest stop burning WoG as your "threat" builder under some blind belief it's producing more threat per second cause spreadsheet jockeys claim so and start using your other abilities more effectively.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
well I have not redone mt telants yet not sure I want to tank anymore what and why did they change things ??

Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
well I have not redone mt telants yet not sure I want to tank anymore what and why did they change things ??
Because paladin tanks were quite noticeably OP and they want all tanks to be relatively similar now with different flavors and ways to operate. Bear tanks lost 50% of their health boost for instance, and are no longer the relative gods when it came to survival as a tank.
Edited by Louneigru on 11/24/2010 5:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I've built mysel,f and tanking wise, group or single target, I've not had a single problem with threat. If you are, I suggest stop burning WoG as your "threat" builder under some blind belief it's producing more threat per second cause spreadsheet jockeys claim so and start using your other abilities more effectively.

I haven't used WoG. Prior to this patch I used SotR with x3 Holy Power for 100% HS up-time which also made me unhittable 100% of the time.

Not for nothing but is that toon even tanking ICC25? Because there's a huge difference between trying to hold multiple mobs off 3 low geared DPS in Heroics and fighting for aggro with geared 25 man raid buffed DK and Druid tanks, which is what I am talking about concerning AoE threat issues.
Edited by Cardnialsyn on 11/24/2010 8:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]