Cataclysm Horde Rogues

51 Troll Rogue
Best race?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Not really sure. I may be biased, but Orc has good racials for both PvE and PvP.
Goblin 1% attack speed is gonna be amazing for Assassination PvE. Rocket Jump is OP.
Troll Haste also good.

Horde has great racials for Rogues all around. I'm staying Orc myself.
Reply Quote
20 Night Elf Hunter
Worgen +1% crit chance (or was it damage?) plus a "sprint" racial, looking like it doesn't share CD with Sprint too.
Reply Quote
51 Troll Rogue
Horde. I was wondering if it's worth staying as a troll or to race change and look cooler as orc/goblin.
Reply Quote
7 Orc Warrior
I'm sticking with Undead on my main, but my first rogue I rolled on a RP server(don't ask) I left at 60 will be server/faction/race changed into Goblin.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Forget what class has the best racials. The real question is, what race do you find interesting and unique? Pick that one.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Goblins look pretty snazzy and the rocket jump ability is just downright disgusting.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I like my Belf, he might be a little strange looking... but Arcane Torrent for me is godly when kick is on CD and that heal HAS to be interupted... The extra energy is nice to - even in pve.

So best horde rogues in cata?
PvE:
#1 Goblins - the haste will scale very well with the time on target, and haste is definately the most important stat
#2 Trolls - same principle, haste for rogues is a very important stat, and the dps will reflect that
#3 Blood Elf - Energy is energy, its not a lot but when used at "key" times it can contribute a good chunk of dps, if used at a poor time... eh could probably follow the orcs
#4 Orc - They seem limited to combat, and maybe sub for dps (good thing combat is good dps) they're racial isn't bad but, its a little lacking?
#5 Undead - you can argue that hey if there is a mechanic that WotF can free you... you'll be doing a lot more dps than a goblin rogue on that fight... true... but flat out dps? No. Undeads racial ability doesn't have much utility on a large number of fights.

PvP:
#1 I really want to say belfs... but i think that rocket back as a way to escape could be a little to valuable to place behind arcane torrent. - Goblins
#2 Blood Elf - yes i'm partial... but hey you can chain a long set of kick - kidney - kick - arcane torrent and end up with a long time on that target without them being able to cast... somebody can die in that much time... so I think i can put them at #2
#3 Undead - not the greatest in pve but hey, WotF is very valuable against a lot of the most popular classes in arena - i think Undead and Blood Elfs are a very close race, and after getting used to the jet pack and finding it has some shortcomings as rogue... we will probably end up with a debate on wether the top rogue pvp class is blood elf or undead (horde side)
#4 Trolls - its the haste thing, that would be pretty cool as a sub rogue, and as assination it equates to simply more burst but i think they fall behind the top three
#5 Orcs - poor orcs, i just don't see it for them. Basically you could use it at the same time as you'd use the trolls ability, its just the trolls ability is better... and they're still fourth on my list...

Thoughts?
Edited by Amarian on 11/24/2010 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
tauren
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
tauren

I tried it on ptr and the cowbell kept breaking stealth. :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I like my Belf, he might be a little strange looking... but Arcane Torrent for me is godly when kick is on CD and that heal HAS to be interupted... The extra energy is nice to - even in pve.

So best horde rogues in cata?
I think for:
1st PvE assasination: Still Trolls (haste pwnage ftw)
2nd PvE assasination: Hmm... maybe goblins? with the haste?
1st PvE Combat: Orcs... of course!
2nd PvE Combat: Trolls... again with the haste (i haven't dont he math if hte goblins haste turns out to be more... then goblins, its all about the haste?)
1st PvE Sublety: Blood Elfs - yes... belfs... arcane torrent can give you that extra bit of energy to squeeze in another ambush... thats quite a bit of dps right there
2nd PvE Sublety: well.. thats hard. Going with the Trolls again... especially because their haste could be applied during/right before SDance... might (and probably is) be better than belfs, i think they beat the goblins here.

1st PvP: Yes i am partial. Very partial. Belfs for the key interupt that can make a match...
2nd PvP: ok that rocket pack is legit. I heard somewhere that it can't be used in arena... but that makes no sense to me. They let the humans use their free trinket in arena... (nerfed :P)
3rd PvP: Undead duh.
4th PvP: Orcs... i didn't feel like doing assasin/combat/sub... if combat is viable... orcs win there... might win sub to... when it comes to sub... i think undead could be top to...

In other words... for PvP its a crap shoot. I just don't think trolls are up to par with the others... but they're pretty close either way. Alliance rogues... well i'm glad that the OP didn't ask that because then this would be a total "wtf is this guy on" type of post. Probably already is.

Time on target matters, and the 1% haste scales very well, making Goblins probably edge out trolls. The Blood Fury buff might make orcs competitive earlier, but the haste will scale as weapon damage scales, the AP is flat.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Goblin, hands down.

Why is this even being discussed? It's the new race with OP racials l2p.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Goblin, hands down.

Why is this even being discussed? It's the new race with OP racials l2p.

I actually thought this post was trolling for the same reason. Goblins are almost certainly the best race for Horde rogues now, especially if you've interest in PvP. Haste is one of our top stats now and a constant 1% increase is awesome. Add Rocket Barrage for a range damage that will come in handy. More for PvP, but Rocket Jump could be great as a rogue, and being small in PvP... well, just look at 6 years of complaints about gnome rogues.
Edited by Aly on 11/24/2010 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Goblin rocket jump is crazy.
Blood elf AoE silence is crazy.
Trolls... um, they're ok.
Undead *USED* to be awesome, except their racial shares a cooldown with the PvP trinket, thus defeating the purpose.
Tauren... GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
If it's green, it's awesome.

Except for trolls... those two-toed freaks are dumber than a bag of hammers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Time on target matters, and the 1% haste scales very well, making Goblins probably edge out trolls. The Blood Fury buff might make orcs competitive earlier, but the haste will scale as weapon damage scales, the AP is flat.

I think your right. I'll have to change that to reflect it, orcs are looking a little weak as rogues now :( I liked you orc rogues.

Haste> All for pve... so basically

I'll make an edit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Go female BE and never look back. Not only do they have the best stealth animation, the AoE silence with energy return is seriously nice.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
goblin! rocket barrage PEWPEW
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Goblin, no question
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]