Prot tanking "rotation"

85 Human Paladin
So as 4.0.1 hit, it was my understanding (as gear improved) that crusader's strike was to be used instead of hammar on single mobs

(Which i did and proved it hit harder in a raid buffed setting)

With 4.0.3a, Self buffed on a dummy, crusader strike is hitting for 1300-1400 on a lv 80 dummy, while hammer was hitting for 1900-2000.

Which even raid buffed i can imagine that crusader won't overtake hammar on single targets. Am I right in this testing/thinking?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Use CS...don't question it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
That is what i am always told, but i want evidence to support for or against what im seeing. Just because it urks me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
That is what i am always told, but i want evidence to support for or against what im seeing. Just because it urks me.

On a level 85 dummy mine both hit for around 1900. The only difference CS procs Truth and HotR does not. Use CS and deal with it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually Crusader Strike scales with Attack Power while HotR does not. So yes, use CS on single targets.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I would also recomend getting a slow wep one with a little agi on it that will make up for the missing dodge and parry
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]