Moving the quest objectives tracker?

Already posted this in tech support, but this forum seems like a good place too.

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to move the quest objectives tracker list around the screen. Right now mine is anchored to the top center of the screen, which is really annoying when i've got a full list of quests and they are all hanging down from my Titanbars and taking up lovely screen real estate. If I could figure out how to drag if off to the right that would be awesome.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jak
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
There used to be an option to move it, but it appears to have been removed. I don't know or understand why. This is very frustrating.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
If your objectives tracker is in the top center of your screen then you already have an addon moving it. The default position is below the MinimapCluster, at the top right of the screen. If you're using a minimap addon you should look for a "Movers" module of some sort (depends on the addon).

Also, you can use: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info15780-WhoFramedWatcherWabbit.html
Reply Quote
Magss, thanks for the reply. Downloading that addon you suggested, if all else fails i'll just go over all my addon's options.

Thanks again.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
All this one does is move the tracker:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18322-rQuestWatchFrameMover.html
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hiyas! I was having the issue where the "Objective Tracker" list was anchored mid top center of my screen. I spent over a hour trying to figure out how to move it. It finally took me going through my addons that controlled map functions or the like. The fix was in the "SexyMap" addon for me. If you go to interface>addons> sexymap> there is an option that says "show movers"...check that box and the objective list highlights allowing you to reposition on your screen. If you are not using "SexyMap" but another type of map addon-look for a similar options within your map addon options.

Hope this was of some help ;)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue

Träisa, thank so much. Perfect guide on how to fix this annoying problem for me :)
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Warrior
Wow, thanks Traisa...I had tried everything. I wish i'd of found this thread sooner. It would of saved me 3 hours :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
rQuestWatchFrameMover is wonderful, thanks Vranx!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
for moving stuff like that I prefer MoveAnything since it does way more than just one thing. :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm not sure why Blizzard is so strongly and philosophically opposed to allow people to move default UI elements.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
12/07/2010 9:48 AMPosted by Jynks
I'm not sure why Blizzard is so strongly and philosophically opposed to allow people to move default UI elements.

They aren't. That's why they open the API for use by addons. A simple addon like MoveAnything is all you need.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks Träisa!!!!
Reply Quote
52 Night Elf Hunter
If you download Curst Client from the internet and then get the addon sexy map and this addon allows you to unlock the mini map and the Quest objectives it attatched to the mini map.
Reply Quote
12/02/2011 06:55 PMPosted by Kayseia
If you download Curst Client from the internet and then get the addon sexy map and this addon allows you to unlock the mini map and the Quest objectives it attatched to the mini map.
Please don't necro old threads to restate something that's already been said.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
MoveAnything! Addon, well the name says what it does by itself
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Thank you so much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Thank you Tra, the sexy map thing was the real ticket!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Such a simple fix.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
Please check the post date next time you post, posting in old threads is against the forum ToS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]