My damage as shadow

85 Human Priest
What kind of numbers are you guys seeing on target dummies now? I'm primarily a healer, but decided to try out my dps spec last night (in mediocre healing gear), and was able to hold pretty steady around 5-5.1k dps. This was on the level 80 boss dummy in the new Stormwind.
I did have waaay over hitcap with all my spirit though... something like 36%.
I was actually pretty impressed with the damage, and the rotation.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
shadow orbs now only give 10% increased damage on next mind blast/spike per orb. yet blizzard didnt state they were nerfing the orbs. only buffing them. is this a mistake?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It was like that on beta as well (when they added the increased DoT damage, they lowered the bonus damage from mind blast). Looks intended, although somewhat silly, since some theorycrafters on beta were suggesting that simply clicking off the orbs (which still gives you the DoT buff) is actually better dps than using mind blast to activate the buff. Not sure whether or not that was ever confirmed, but I know looking at the numbers mind flay did with evangelism/mastery buff it certainly looked possible to be the case when I was looking at it on beta.

Edit: Reports are that you can't cancel it anymore to gain the effect. Haven't tested it myself, but if true, it's pretty stupid that we'd have to cast a spell that costs us dps just to activate our mastery.
Edited by Byz on 11/24/2010 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
The first thing I did yesterday was put on my dps gear and go shadow on a lvl 80 dummy. I was doing about 7000- 7500 dps. This was about the same as before yesterday. I haven't done a run as dps though to compare. I know that before yesterday my numbers off the dummy have not been as good as before 4.0. :(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
The new mastery hasnt changed my dps whatsoever actualy(MB at 3 orbs). i still only get a steady 7.2-7.3k on 80 target dummies. Im still not impressed, as my lock friend with less experience and less gear then me pulls 1k more, even after the nerf >.>
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I just ran a few heroics this evening. I normally would do upwards of 5k in these even with the mobs going down easy. I noticed that yes, my mind blasts were indeed hitting very low. In fact they sometimes were hitting for lower than what my tool tip was displaying they should hit for, one hit for only 2.4k! My shadowfiend was hitting for higher than me. They definitely broke mind blast. You do have to cast mind blast to get the bonus effect, you also have to recast your dots in order to get the benefit of the buff, so really it is all just a waste unless you can open with an orb on you to blast off to then lay down the dots. It is extremely convoluted and they should attend to this.
Edited by Taylana on 11/25/2010 2:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It is known Blizzard want every1 reforging to mastery, it should be a slightly better stat for everyone than either haste or crit.

As for recasting dots to gain the benefit, do you mean reapply or refresh the dots? as this is relevent to SW:P.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]