Finding a guild

80 Blood Elf Priest
I've played WOW since day one (actually, open beta), and I've made more than my share of alts. More than about 10 players' share, in fact. As a result, I've often moved from server to server to try out different factions and even rulesets (PVP and RP).

I've now moved to Uldum, and with the Cataclysm changes ahead it does seem that many of the perks I'm looking for (mounts, heirlooms, and perhaps even raiding again) are found within guilds. However, in the "old days" befor the random dungeon finder, I'd find new guildmates by running dungeons with strangers. However, due to the RDF, I'm finding it nearly impossible to find players with similar mindsets to me.

I've been playing MMO's since EQ, so I'm older than many of the players who started with WOW. I'm anxious to find people like me who enjoy tackling difficult content, but who also value teamwork. What I mean is, I'm anxious to find people that are as happy to see others get gear as they are to get gear for themselves. I've found far too many guilds where 10% of the players do 90% of the work, while many just show up to collect loot on raid days.

How can I find a guild with older (or at least mature) players, focused on raiding (but not making it the entire point of their lives), who prefer to look out for one another and put real effort into building the guild up? I know there are guild recruitment forums, but I'd rather not a) leave Uldum and b) put myself out there on the meat market where your Gear Score and list of achievements are the first and last requirements for approval. (I've not raided, solidly, in over a year, but I'm thinking Cataclysm levels the playing floor again.)

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
Reply Quote
24 Tauren Druid
I'm of the same mind. I've thought of transferring my lvl 80 Paladin over to Uldum, but the prospects of being guild-less seem daunting, and the idea of starting my own guild sounds fun, but worrisome.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Many of the qualities you mention are how I run my guild. Check out the website @ clanstrife.guildlaunch.com if you want to find out more (or apply), or talk to me in game. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders, and though we are pretty full at the moment, anything can happen with Cataclysm looming.

Good luck in your search.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
How can I find a guild with older (or at least mature) players, focused on raiding (but not making it the entire point of their lives), who prefer to look out for one another and put real effort into building the guild up?

You're Horde I suspect, so this probably won't be very much help to you, but if any Alliance players are looking for the same feel free to check out my guild at machiavelliscat.com. We've been hanging around on Uldum for almost six years now, and we've opened up recruiting before Cataclysm. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I have been on this server since BC. (I xfered my Shaman over when I came back to the game).

I hopped thru a few guilds during BC before I landed in GratefullyDead (which later came to a screeching halt).

I then spent the beginning of Wrath as the GM of Power of Grayskull, and Dirty Secrets. But both those guilds had faults with what you said - 10% of the players doing 90% of the work, and I ended up joining SFLS here on my tank as an "alt" during Naxx.

I enjoy many of the people I am guilded with, and while Cataclysm is a couple weeks away and level 85 and raiding are a couple weeks away from that - I am unsure what the future holds for raiding.

There have been several guilds spring up during this expansion. Many of them have come and gone, and many spring up newly each day. Honestly any guild that formed during ICC really cannot plead any greatness, the 30% buff, the ease of getting T10 loot, and the constant gear resets have made many a lazy players.

I would really suggest to you if you wanted to find a place to call home, to do some homework. Then talk to the GMs and see what up. Find out what their collective accomplishments are a s a guild. See how long they have been working together, etc. Then verify it.

Best of luck.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Go check out unrepentantgaming.org

The guild isn't on Uldum, but their community is pretty d@mned awesome. They're easily the most respected horde guild on Elune, and they're really trying to build the horde population there. They're mature, don't really care about raiding history, but do care about building a community of like-minded players.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
d@mned

wtfisthis
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Go check out unrepentantgaming.org

The guild isn't on Uldum, but their community is pretty d@mned awesome. They're easily the most respected horde guild on Elune, and they're really trying to build the horde population there. They're mature, don't really care about raiding history, but do care about building a community of like-minded players.

get off our realm and stop stealing our possible transfers! go on, scat! scoot! begone! RAWR!
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
get off our realm and stop stealing our possible transfers! go on, scat! scoot! begone! RAWR!

She's better than you. Don't talk like you have any say here.
Reply Quote
I'd wait till cata to join a guild - especially a transfer unless the guild has been around for ages before because I'd say only about 1/10 of them will last.
Edited by Persp on 11/30/2010 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
If your race/faction means a lot, you may have to expand your search beyond your realm. If not, we take apps from Hordies.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

How can I find a guild with older (or at least mature) players, focused on raiding (but not making it the entire point of their lives), who prefer to look out for one another and put real effort into building the guild up? I know there are guild recruitment forums, but I'd rather not a) leave Uldum and b) put myself out there on the meat market where your Gear Score and list of achievements are the first and last requirements for approval. (I've not raided, solidly, in over a year, but I'm thinking Cataclysm levels the playing floor again.)

Go to Uldumfreakshow.com and check us out. If you like what you see fill out an app and we can talk then.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
god damn it kaellia
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
god damn it kaellia
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You can not start a new guild in wow. Everyone wants only to be in a level 25 guild. Most of the level 25 guilds are owned by business that give blizz money to conduct gold trading with real money. I tried to build a guild, only at level 15 so far. lol Why cant ppl like me play wow? I enjoy solo play but am discriminated against by blizz. I am on a normal server but forced to pvp. I am only able to play during the day and not PEAK wow hours, so blizz has screwed me again. There is no reason for me and the thousands of voices I represent to keep paying unreasonable amounts of money to blizz. If you want our money dont limit users in unfair policies. I don't know why I bother. Blizz engineers don't read this and if they did they would just tell me to delete all my stored data.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You can not start a new guild in wow. Everyone wants only to be in a level 25 guild. Most of the level 25 guilds are owned by business that give blizz money to conduct gold trading with real money. I tried to build a guild, only at level 15 so far. lol Why cant ppl like me play wow? I enjoy solo play but am discriminated against by blizz. I am on a normal server but forced to pvp. I am only able to play during the day and not PEAK wow hours, so blizz has screwed me again. There is no reason for me and the thousands of voices I represent to keep paying unreasonable amounts of money to blizz. If you want our money dont limit users in unfair policies. I don't know why I bother. Blizz engineers don't read this and if they did they would just tell me to delete all my stored data.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
06/12/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Semifluid

Huh. My guild is 25 and doesn't get paid by Blizz. I guess we missed that memo......
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I'M CONFUSED
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Mega-necro

and

07/03/2012 03:33 AMPosted by Nashvega
I'M CONFUSED
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
06/13/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Dahija

Huh. My guild is 25 and doesn't get paid by Blizz. I guess we missed that memo......

This guy is clearly a complete idiot or horrible troll! hahhaa.

You can roflstomp to lvl 25 ina guild with 5 members..
Also, he called the devs "engineers" lmao!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]