Dwarf Shammy Racials

90 Pandaren Shaman
I went ahead and forked out the $25 to no longer be a goat. However, in doing so I lost my 1% to hit and gained...... yes you guessed it gun specialization. I was wondering does Blizzard have any plans on making a more "shammy friendly" racial for the dwarfs?
Reply Quote
80 Troll Warrior
YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE GETTING INTO

YOU KNEW WHAT THIS WAS
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Dwarves have !#*#ty racials. This is not new.
Reply Quote
34 Gnome Rogue
This had better be some goddamned awesome troll because I am so mad right now
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue
This reminds me of that scene in Austin Powers where the steamroller is slowly approaching the screaming ground crew guy.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I went ahead and forked out the $25 to no longer be a goat. However, in doing so I lost my 1% to hit and gained...... yes you guessed it gun specialization. I was wondering does Blizzard have any plans on making a more "shammy friendly" racial for the dwarfs?

I doubt it.

I honestly can't see why you're even bothering to ask. It's not like Dwarf Shaman are the only class/spec combination with a useless racial ability. I mean, go look at Troll Warlocks. Extra crit chance for bows and throwing weapons. Yeah, that'll do them a lot of good. Orc Warriors. I bet that increased pet damage helping those guys out. What's that, you were a Human Rogue before now - Did you like that 5% Spirit racial?

Honestly.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Well, consider yourself one of the few that counter feral bleeds. :)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter

Dwarves have 4 racials:

Stoneform
Frost Resistance
Explorer (Archaeology bonus, used to be Find Treasure)
Gun and Mace Specialization (used to just be Gun Specialization)

You get full benefit of Mace Specialization, and the rest are as good (or otherwise) for a Shaman as for anybody else, so stop crying. You already got your more "shammy friendly" racial - back in WotLK, when they added in Mace Specialization to the Gun Specialization we already had.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Hunter

So...you knowingly race changed to a race that doesn't have good racials (minus stoneform for the occasional feral druid in PvP and mace spec. if you're enhance and happen to have maces) when you've had months to decide?

How is that anybodies fault but your own? Blizzard has said they aren't going to do a pass a racials for a while (if at all). You done goofed.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

Dwarf racials suck. Everyone knows this. However, you do realize that there are more classes out there than just shaman and all of them were also effected by a worthless racial. In fact, only hunters ever got a benefit out of it and that was ONLY if they actually were using a gun (and very rarely were they).

If you're going to make a post like this, at least make it about the racial and how it does not help anybody except for the rare gun wielding hunter.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid

You just love going off topic to get ferals nerfed don't you....

On topic:

BE Wars/DK's don't get anything from Arcane Torrent (Hint: Rogue's do)

Moo
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin

You just love going off topic to get ferals nerfed don't you....

On topic:

BE Wars/DK's don't get anything from Arcane Torrent (Hint: Rogue's do)

Moo

An AoE silence is not an advantage to warriors and DK's?

Edit: Not that I agree with the OP that racials should benefit every possible class all the time, but your example is amusing.
Edited by Jefurs on 11/24/2010 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
The racials don't matter. You swapped to the superior race.

Being dwarf is reward enough. When I get my 'lock and shaman to 85, I'm race changing.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid

An AoE silence is not an advantage to warriors and DK's?

I obviously meant the mana/energy regen & not the silence.

Moo
Reply Quote
88 Orc Warrior
I wish they reverted the stoneform nerf of s5. When tons of arena teams on the arena realm went dwarf to combat hunters and unholy DKs. Such a useless nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
If you're going to make a post like this, at least make it about the racial and how it does not help anybody except for the rare gun wielding hunter.

I want to be that rare gun wielding hunter!

If only I could get a gun that wasn't significantly weaker than the bows and crossbows available :(

I hope they eventually do address our racials (although for my hunter I'd be happy if they just started itemizing guns in balance to bows and crossbows). I did make my shaman a dwarf, even though the racials are useless to a caster shaman, because I love dwarves. I just wish Blizzard loved them too.
Edited by Zeherah on 11/24/2010 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
as a feral druid i hope they keep dwarf racials terrible so no one plays them....

...i swear there is no personal benefit for me there. honest.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
as a feral druid i hope they keep dwarf racials terrible so no one plays them....

...i swear there is no personal benefit for me there. honest.

I lol'd

Moo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]