Lackluster DPS in ICC raid last night

90 Human Paladin
Anyone else see a DPS increase in their ICC raids last night compared to last week?

Personally, I saw a DPS loss of 4K DPS (3968.5) on Deathbringer Saurfang alone with an overall loss of DPS on all boss fights.

I'll hit the dummies tonight and see how I can improve my DPS for next week. I hate not carrying my weight in a guild raid and it's disappointing to drop from the top of the damage charts so far down in our guild. A mage in our guild managed 24.2K DPS on Deathbringer!

Anyways, if anybody was actually able to increase their DPS from last week (with a similar raid and buffs), could you fill us in on how you achieved it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You don't need to hit the training dummy to test. Post the raid log of the damage from your ICC and we'll work out exactly where the dps disappeared.

edit: We don't even need to see it.

Your dps was buffed in 4.0.1 to make up for not having inquisition. 4.0.03 took away the buffs of all classes whose level 81 ability is a damage increasing ability. locks, warriors, us, everyone. I imagine your holy damage multiplied by 1.30x30% ICC buff will put your dps back to where it was...post your raid log and it'll be interesting to see how close it is.
Edited by Lawbringer on 11/24/2010 8:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sure if you have the time. =)

Last week's DS:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bp49o2atj61zggjn/sum/damageDone/?s=3183&e=3352

Last night's DS:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vmkhme9uh1d33y7v/sum/damageDone/?s=3039&e=3230

I should note that I used to have rebuke macro'd to my abilities (to proc a seal) whereas now I do not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sure if you have the time. =)

Last week's DS:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bp49o2atj61zggjn/sum/damageDone/?s=3183&e=3352

Last night's DS:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vmkhme9uh1d33y7v/sum/damageDone/?s=3039&e=3230

I should note that I used to have rebuke macro'd to my abilities (to proc a seal) whereas now I do not.

50.8% of your dps in the first log in holy damage. That is 1 290 313 holy damage.
Remove 30% of that damage gives you 903219 holy damage.

Add that back to your physical damage giving you a total of 2 233 495, which is 85% of the total damage you did in pre-patch raids.

your dps was almost 16k, a little more than 15% loss off that is 2.35k. Plus a 25% reduction in censure so minus anod 3.8% of your total dps or so comes out to over 650 dps.

So that's a 3000 dps loss in total in anticipation of inquisition and a nerf. The last 800 or so, you can chalk up to human error and RNG proc's.

I just looked at the second log and it looks like censure took at 50% penalty in overall damage which means haste has been effected as well. That will account for significantly more dps loss than what I guessed at from looking at your first log. You also didn't holy wrath as much in the second raid log.
Edited by Lawbringer on 11/24/2010 9:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Interesting analysis. Thanks for your time and thought.

Also, last night we were carrying a couple of people so the fight took longer. At one point the raid leader requested a bop on a ranged marked target standing in the back and I had to quickly break out and throw that on (and salv the mage as well). So that would help explain the additional small loss as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Interesting analysis. Thanks for your time and thought.

Also, last night we were carrying a couple of people so the fight took longer. At one point the raid leader requested a bop on a ranged marked target standing in the back and I had to quickly break out and throw that on (and salv the mage as well). So that would help explain the additional small loss as well.

yep, whats *!*@ty is they didn't make a post in the patch notes about it like they did the other classes. It's the one last flipping of the bird they could do after the amount of complaints relating to RNG they got from us in my opinion.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I lost at least 10k on my stacked TV crits. I know its because we were nerfed, but I wonder how much the meta being broken is affecting us too.
Reply Quote
yeah, my TV lost roughly 3k noncrit on average. Feels really weak compared to CS now, its like 3 CS's taped together...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]