Why are druids so nerfed now?

80 Human Warrior
Holy priests were keeping up with my 10k HPS which oomed me in a matter of seconds and barely using mana.
Reply Quote
not sure if your saying priest was oom or druid was oom but when I was in icc yesterday priest were keeping up with 10khps with 60% mana up while druids were doing less hps and oom
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It all comes down to Rejuv. If Rejuv is too expensive to spread around a little, our Mastery stat becomes much less desireable, Swiftmend becomes far less useful and our AoE healing tool kit starts to look pretty weak. I understand and approve of their goal: to prevent us from spamming Rejuv around without much thought, but I hope they understand how much hinges on them getting that one spell right.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It all comes down to Rejuv. If Rejuv is too expensive to spread around a little, our Mastery stat becomes much less desireable, Swiftmend becomes far less useful and our AoE healing tool kit starts to look pretty weak. I understand and approve of their goal: to prevent us from spamming Rejuv around without much thought, but I hope they understand how much hinges on them getting that one spell right.

I think it works from WG also.
So it should work OK for 5 man heroics and 10 man raids, as WG can be spread over 6 players once every 10s. So WG could be use as a vector for the druid mastery. But the mastery value is certainly poor for 25 man, unless maybe you limit yourself on melee ? Otherwise not worth it.

But I don't think any class can afford to spam anything anymore. Even disc at 85 will not be able to spam shields like before as limited by haste and regen.
Maybe chain heal could still be spammed without CD, but I am not sure if it's really sustainable through a whole boss fight, probably not.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I think it works from WG also.
So it should work OK for 5 man heroics and 10 man raids, as WG can be spread over 6 players once every 10s. So WG could be use as a vector for the druid mastery. But the mastery value is certainly poor for 25 man, unless maybe you limit yourself on melee ? Otherwise not worth it.

But I don't think any class can afford to spam anything anymore. Even disc at 85 will not be able to spam shields like before as limited by haste and regen.
Maybe chain heal could still be spammed without CD, but I am not sure if it's really sustainable through a whole boss fight, probably not.

Chain heal can be spammed.
O.o
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Any tips on how to survive as a druid now?

Try glyphs.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Heres how to adapt as Resto...You actually have to press that innervate button on yourself now.
Edited by Priapisms on 11/24/2010 7:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Not sure if this has been said but people please stop getting all heated up over your class now. These changes are all for level 85 NOT level 80. Blizzard isn't trying to balance you around this level right now because well their is no point. Listen just wait until cataclysm comes out then see how your heals fair against others and i assure you your aspect will be different
Reply Quote
The issue is the absurd homogenization not only of mechanics but of style. The irony is that your post captured that. Unintentionally, I'm sure.

Yeah, that is ironic too....

I agree with you completely. I am not a fan of the developers trying to homogenize every healing spec/class such that they all do everything equally well. I liked it when things were specialized. You brought in paladins to heal tanks because they shined at it more than everyone else. You had options for who you brought for raid heals and it was generally better to have a variety of specs filling this role. Some specs/classes were better suited to specific encounters. I did not see anything wrong with this. Different specs/classes were better suited to handling different situations....

Now, they are trying to make everyone good at everything. The end result is going to be that you take whoever you want and say fill this role. You are no longer going to be better off trying to capture that variety of healing specs such that they compliment each other. But.... that is a different topic entirely :).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's a huge ordeal.
Edited by Deieleynne on 1/18/2011 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Blizz are saying that they want healers to be successful by choosing the correct spell for the appropriate moment. They are trying to reward skill.There will be no more spamming anything. Trying faceroll heals will get everyone killed. Its not perfect yet but I believe they are onto a good idea. Heals was getting rediculously easy.

They SAY that, but the "correct spell" usually ends up being just endlessly spamming one casted heal. That wasn't what I rolled a druid to do. That's how paladins are supposed to heal, not me.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Blizz are saying that they want healers to be successful by choosing the correct spell for the appropriate moment. They are trying to reward skill.There will be no more spamming anything. Trying faceroll heals will get everyone killed. Its not perfect yet but I believe they are onto a good idea. Heals was getting rediculously easy.

^ This

Highlighted more crucial points for your ease, especially note the last one... healing was effortless, just spam away, don't worry, mana was endless anyway. No more, buckle up and grab yer ankles, it's going to get rough >:D

They SAY that, but the "correct spell" usually ends up being just endlessly spamming one casted heal. That wasn't what I rolled a druid to do. That's how paladins are supposed to heal, not me.

Now I take an insult to that... how about pull year head out of some distant past and smell the roses, even paladin was nowhere near what you're trying to insinuate here, wasn't for a long time since Vanilla ended so stop repeating what you've read in some other QQ/Insult thread and face the facts.

I have more spells than I ever had at the moment, and I'm using all of them FYI, better yet I do fine with mana, it get's low but it's nowhere near tragic, I just use the most mana efficent spells accordingly to situation not just mash same heal.
Edited by Hagaar on 11/25/2010 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
44 Night Elf Druid
As others have said, all healers going to eat giant nerfbat on their face.

Solution?
1. Eat the bat, even though in my opinion you won't enjoy healing as much.
2. Stop healing, switch to DPS. Enjoy the whole new world when you can just press couple of buttons and watch big numbers flying on your screen and easily blame everything on the healers.. I think this is what Blizz wants after all.

Oh and one thing.. You think its bad already? Things are going to get uglier in Cata. Your healing output will be cut in the same time the mana costs shoot through the roof.
Edited by Junnie on 11/26/2010 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Didnt realise Healing on any toon was broke to begin with (cept holy pally pvp). Last I checked it still took 20 mins to queue on DPS and 3 min to queue Healer, which means even in "ez" mode people still played dps tons more. Look blizz, not everyone has the reactions of a 16 yr old on meth.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TG
Healed ICC and H RS(glitched out the ass) tonight. Was really rough on mana. Was sitting at 50k+ and was finding myself using innervate on cd along with getting other druid innervates. I healed like blizz wants, always keeping LB up to proc omen and maximize replen and still went oom every fight. Pretty crazy. I understand the changes and the way healing will be in cata, but for these last 2 weeks with current fight mechanics blizz really did a number on us.

We are all going to have to learn to love the cheap small efficient heal. We cannot cast our best heal all the time anymore. I never have trouble with mana, but a lot of my healing comes from the basic heal, especially in the begining of the boss fights. Towards the middle-end of the fight, and if i have enough mana, i will start spamming the better but less efficient heals.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
It's pretty much been said in most posts but all healers have been restricted to a smarter play style to manage mana. Cataclysm has been described as a change from spike damage to consistent damage that must be planned for and healed according to circumstances that arise in fights.

A restoration druid should not be outhealed in any ICC heroic fight bar valithria. They have been extremely powerful for quite some time, as is their nature with so many instant casts and HoTs.

In cataclysm, if a druid were able to roll HoTs on all raid members when raid members are supposed to not be at 100% then they would be getting 100% effective healing.
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Druid
I can't speak for anything beyond healing heroic DFs, but I have not had a problem. I do see some change: my mana used to never drop below 90% and that was with me dps'ing + keeping hots on tank. Now my mana seems to drop a lot quicker and hover around the 75% mark if I try to do the same dps+heals pre-patch.

I am loving the new talent (forget what its called) where my swiftmend creates an AoE heal for a few seconds. And the new tree, just awesome.

Overall I like it so far. Hopefully I can say the same after I've tried some raid content.
Reply Quote
I'm sick of all the Priest complaining in Druid threads. Keep it to yourselves, folks.

Every now-and-then a voice of reason comes in. "We're not bad, just different". Change your playstyle, learn what works and go from there. This complaining is getting so annoying.

If you want to complain about how every class basically heals the same now, fine. But don't complain about a class being so weak that it's the end of the world. Learn to adapt.
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Druid
The regrowth change has really cheesed me off my druid. I don't care that it heals for less, or costs more mana. What I hate is that the HoT is so damn short now. It's really changed the feel of the class for me, in a way that no other change has since vanilla (I'm dead serious).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]