Why are druids so nerfed now?

85 Worgen Druid
12/04/2010 11:00 PMPosted by Pleiades
12/04/2010 9:24 PMPosted by Najeena
Spamming hasn't stopped, We've just traded instant cast spam to slow cast time spam. I love how people think this is some how going to require more thought and be more difficult. Giving you 2-3 seconds between decisions instead of 1 does not make things more difficult no matter how you try to spin it. Managing mana isn't difficult, It's tedious not difficult get that through your heads. If anything this will make it easy on the people that have slow reaction time and can't figure out whats going on for 2-3 seconds instead of instantly.

QQ MOAR!!!! Lol.

Your post brings to light your clear lack of understanding of how the "new" heal model is supposed to work.

Spamming the same spell over and over takes no "skill". It requires pushing the same button over and over. What separated "good" healers from "bad" healers in wrath was who could spam their buttons faster while dealing with the mechanics of the fight in question.

In the "new" healing situation the "good" healers are going to use the right spell, for the right situation, while managing their mana properly. The "bad" healers are going to sit and spam the same spells they are used to, use powerful spells when they are not needed, use efficient spells when they need to use expensive ones, and go oom for making bad decisions.

You want an example? A druid spamming hots on the whole raid before they take any damage, hoping they do, and dishing out a ton of overheal while giggling like a little girl that they are topping the meters. In Wrath this "looked" like a good healer because they didn't give a damn about their mana and they spammed spells on people that didn't necessarily need the healing. In cata, where mana is a concern, it's going to make it obvious that such players were frauds. The players that predict damage accurately, use spells when damage lands or after the fact, and manage their mana consumption are going to be the top dogs.

Managing mana is fairly tedious. Spamming high-throughput, inefficient spells non-stop when they are not always needed is not difficult. Using the right spell for the job while managing your mana isn't difficult either. But the latter is harder than the former, you can't argue against that.

I hope I am wrong but I get the feeling you are one of the "good" wrath healers that is going to be a "bad" cata healer. You're upset because you know this and don't want to accept that healing is going to require more thought, and as a result be more difficult. If you can't handle it, quit, roll another class or stop healing with your main.

Hate to burst your bubble but I've been in a top 50 US guild since Vanilla, Healing isn't hard and the more time you give people between each cast to figure out what they should be doing next only makes things easier. All the talk of Vanilla healing makes me sad, when it was the low point of healing in the game for every single healer. The only healing model that was ever fun, still not challenging was BC.

You can think I'm upset all you want because some how after 6 years of healing in a respectable ranked US guild I'm going to be exposed for a bad healer all of a sudden, Trust me when I say I've seen more changes to healing in this game then you have. The only thing I'm truly upset about right now is how woefully inadequate Regrowth is at the moment.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/05/2010 6:24 AMPosted by Toxis
God this game isn't rocket science. After a few times doing something everyone will figure out what do do and what spells to cast. Instead of pushing buttons 11121 you will push buttons 12345. Big deal 6 months from now it will be back to it's same boring thing

Thank you, at least someone understands.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/05/2010 3:36 AMPosted by Orcabull
Healing heroic Blood queen before 4.0 I was doing about 12k HPS and by fights end oom and thats using innervate twice. only doing 10%ish in overhealing

Now healing it I'm doing 13k HPS and still not oom but innervating 3 times and even drinking a crazy alch pot.
This fight is the single most healing intensive fight in WotLK and under cata's new rules I am not going oom with proper CD and Pot usage.

I do not get why people are saying mana is going to be an issue. Because spells are getting WAY more expencie fights like BQ are not going to exist. Their will not be a 3k dps aura on a boss that requires huge amounts of healing. Healers will acctually have to heal LESS often in fights meaning its easier. In my opinion anyways

I did about 12-13k HPS on H BQ 10 not long ago and ended up OOM with the boss at 10-15% (It didn't matter since I shortly died after going OOM in the second air phase). I innervated twice and didn't use a pot. I ended up restoring my reforged gear (it was spirit to haste) and lost my 1018 haste for the extra Rejuv tick and I moved two talents into Malfurion's Gift that I should of had there before.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Pallies Holy light still costs like 395ish for me Holy Shock is 351 the costs of pally skills is still really really low, i suggest you regem for a more even balance of Spirit, haste and intel.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I actually find I'm using Rejuv more now, not less. With Regrowth's HoT nerfed, there's little point in casting it if another healer is going to beat you to it, which they will a lot of the time, at least in 25 man. Same is true about Nourish. Unless of course there is widespread high levels of damage across the raid, in which case the only quick heal you can do a on a lot of people rapidly is........Rejuvenation (since out of tree, Lifebloom is one target only).

The mechanics they seem to want us to use suggest highly that we are supposed to be tank and "melee splash" healers now. The mechanics for raid healing (at least in ICC content) are a one way trip to OOM. Of course, we could still be effective raid healers if the raid was taking a lot of damage, but more slowly. Then our RG and Nourishes would not get overwritten as much.

And I would note, I was never a 5Rej/1WG healer. I always thought that was idiotic, a failure to adjust to unique situations.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
But I don't think any class can afford to spam anything anymore. Even disc at 85 will not be able to spam shields like before as limited by haste and regen.
Maybe chain heal could still be spammed without CD, but I am not sure if it's really sustainable through a whole boss fight, probably not.[/quote]

Chain heal was nerfed now so it doesn't do as much healing as it used to. It is good to keep people stable but that's about it
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Priest
I know it doesn't mean much anymore, but disc priest/resto druid is currently the best H lk 10 man healing comp.... You are the best tank healers in the game right now. learn to adapt.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Priest
12/05/2010 7:04 AMPosted by Sigmo
Pallies Holy light still costs like 395ish for me Holy Shock is 351 the costs of pally skills is still really really low, i suggest you regem for a more even balance of Spirit, haste and intel.

pallies holy light is not their quick, fast heal anymore. Holy Light is their long, spammed heal. Way to troll bro.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
You can think I'm upset all you want because some how after 6 years of healing in a respectable ranked US guild I'm going to be exposed for a bad healer all of a sudden, Trust me when I say I've seen more changes to healing in this game then you have. The only thing I'm truly upset about right now is how woefully inadequate Regrowth is at the moment.

I agree with Regrowth but I am also not looking forward to having to maintain a spell that drops off after 10 seconds for the next few years. Think about it. That is a bad design.
Reply Quote
Hate to burst your bubble but I've been in a top 50 US guild since Vanilla, Healing isn't hard and the more time you give people between each cast to figure out what they should be doing next only makes things easier. All the talk of Vanilla healing makes me sad, when it was the low point of healing in the game for every single healer. The only healing model that was ever fun, still not challenging was BC.

If you are as amazing at healing as you claim (and it seems that 90 percent of the above post is ego stroking) you will be fine. Saying it is ridiculous and absurd that you have to manage your mana while healing seems to point in a different direction.

By the way.... too bad you weren't number one huh? :)

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I can say my gear is horrible and I only play my druid and im not having too tough a time with mana just use rej then when tank gets hit around a bit use the swiftmend button and if the dps is in trouble hit wildgrowth I still love my druid heals and since they nerfed druid feral as well im not thinking of switching u just got to get a simple and easy rotation and get used to the new mana wave and what everything cost the rej glyph helps also
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I do believe resto druids feel so nerfed right now because they were too overpowered before.

I have a druid myself, my farmer alt, herbs/mining, and sometimes raiding 10-man, playing with her was like facerolling, not caring about mana and easily topping healing meters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This game is supposedly balanced around level 85, so I believe they should remove battleground queue options from 1-80 because it is unbalanced.

As far as for your post of a priest healing so much with that much mana it may be possible with the burst that priests have on AoE fights but they will eventually run out of mana unless they have double Solace of the Fallen. Maybe your Recount/heal meter got bugged?

I don't think there will be a better trinket than Solace of the Fallen ever made. I believe that is why ALL healing got nerfed and gear inflation which I'm glad is over in Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/05/2010 10:45 AMPosted by Pleiades

If you are as amazing at healing as you claim (and it seems that 90 percent of the above post is ego stroking) you will be fine. Saying it is ridiculous and absurd that you have to manage your mana while healing seems to point in a different direction.

By the way.... too bad you weren't number one huh? :)

I said it was tedious, not difficult but you some how read that as ridiculous and absurd. You really should learn how to read what people say, not what you want to hear.
Edited by Najeena on 12/6/2010 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I played my first night in a 6 month or so haitus and I did just fine on healing. I even warned the group I was playing a 6 month handicap and no one died. I think I only went under 70% once when I was bored and started throwing in Hurricane casts between Rejuvenations (which I had one on everyone in the group). Haha, and to add on to it, I didn't even notice at the time, but I didn't even have my glyphs respec'ed after the change.

Only 2 things on that, though: My healing gear is pretty good. A couple frost badge stuff but most of it is just regular heroics badges IIRC. Oh, and the nourish change is going to take forever to get used to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]