DPS Meta Gem Change...Change it Back

85 Human Warrior
What exactly are the changes you're referring to?
Edited by Erode on 11/23/2010 8:53 PM PST
85 Draenei Shaman
More blue gems than red gems? Ya...no. Change it back.

The current design has been reconsidered, so we're planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can't be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we'll have to wait to revert these in a future patch.

THANK YOU
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Aw, I liked the whining.
85 Human Death Knight

The current design has been reconsidered, so we're planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can't be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we'll have to wait to revert these in a future patch.

We've spent the entire beta pointing out how awful it was and only now you realize it?
90 Night Elf Hunter
As of today and until they change it back, any meta with 3% increased crit damage requires that you have more blue gems than red gems (except for Chaotic Skyfire, which apparently requires more blue than blue =p).
90 Human Paladin
aus

Hit requirements at 85 are greatly increased. You may very well need extra. If you do not...

... If only there was a system where one could take stats on gear and trade them in towards a different stat.

If you think we will be using our icc gear at 85 your dreaming, I would be way! over the hit cap if I wasnt reforging allready.

85 Troll Druid

Appreciate the ack but I really just have to ask:

Why would you do this in the first place, requiring a Mastery Meta?
90 Tauren Druid
I'm glad this is going to be reverted back. I almost feared you'd end up nerfing all class meta gems to make them all equally crappy.
Edited by Ygdrassil on 11/23/2010 9:15 PM PST
90 Dwarf Hunter
Blizzard, can you please explain how these ridiculous changes keep on slipping into live in the first place? It's bad enough that hunters have been trying to cope with the poor testing that went into the 4.0 focus system over these past six or seven weeks, but to pull something like this that's not even documented in the patch notes goes beyond a simple "oops."

Either someone at the top is making incredibly poor decisions, or your lead hunter developer is incompetent and should be replaced, because they should have been vociferously complaining the second this change was suggested.
90 Human Warlock
Chaotic Skyfire Diamond says:

Requires more Blue gems than Blue gems..

^ makes it broken
86 Draenei Shaman
I agree. It makes NO sense to require more blue gems than red on a dps class. The main gem color for melee and spellcasters is red. Why would you want us to waste gems getting spirit or some other useless stat when red is the most valuable?

Hit is generally more valuable than any other stat up until the cap, and it is a blue gem now. I'm sorry you actually have to think about gemming now. It must be very hard for you.

See, i call moron, because the gems that were changed are the ones most suited to shaman enhance DPS right now. The next best stat for enhance after hit(blue)/expertise(red) cap is agility(red). With the new reforging system it is possible for me to get more hit by reforging less desirable stats such as crit. The only way to get more Agility, beyond what you can get with enchants, is through gemming. So it is usually favorable to gem for agi and reforge for hit.

It becomes a little bit more iffy as mastery comes in but you would still ALWAYS have more agility gems than hit gems unless you were woefully undergeared.
85 Human Warrior
As of today and until they change it back, any meta with 3% increased crit damage requires that you have more blue gems than red gems (except for Chaotic Skyfire, which apparently requires more blue than blue =p).

Much appreciated. =)
80 Orc Warlock
THANKS blizz for reverting this and listening to the community.
90 Draenei Hunter
Because spamming 1 gem (your classes stat) is super lame. Makes high level jewelcrafting really dumb.

If there were suitable gems in the appropriate colors people may not have been as upset about this. There are 0 appropriate gems for an agility based DPS class (hunters in particular) who don't need more than 8% hit currently (which is the time frame that we are talking about - not level 85 when everyone is using different gear and different gems).
85 Human Death Knight

Ok, so hopefully we need a minor patch to fix something tomorrow and you guys can throw this fix in.

You don't understand how software development works, do you?
85 Tauren Shaman
Hit is generally more valuable than any other stat up until the cap, and it is a blue gem now. I'm sorry you actually have to think about gemming now. It must be very hard for you.
Regardless of what the req's are, gemming will never be complicated.
85 Human Rogue
Question: Why change it at all in the first place? Its like saying oh look we use a keyboard for the computer to type in Microsoft Word but lets make it better and how about if we replace it with a dishcloth?

my co-workers think I am crazy because I burst out laughing at the dishcloth....that is seriously funny
I agree this was a bad decision on the developers part. Also I have gemmed more blue than red and the meta is still inactive so...?
85 Draenei Priest
Something that most people will just suck up since they are going to switch to the new ones in a few weeks anyways.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]