DPS Meta Gem Change...Change it Back

More blue gems than red gems? Ya...no. Change it back.

The current design has been reconsidered, so we're planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can't be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we'll have to wait to revert these in a future patch.

Wow, beta testers were screaming in your ears about this for months about how the community would rebuke you guys for this folly...so you wait until it goes live to reconsider it?

Why even beta test if you just ignore them?
85 Worgen Hunter
I was only able to find one viable pve substitute in the entirety of my jc recipes. The only thing I can say in defense of this horrible change is that when you hit 81 and your crit plummets, you won't care as much about the loss of 3% extra crit damage. I personally went for the free speed pot every 45 seconds (thunderying skyflare).
85 Human Warlock
That's one of the changes we see Blizzard doing from time to time without a reason, I don't see what was the problem with the old requirements, they don't say why they changed too, it appears they just wanted to change something randomly, it's just ...

I don't know what's passing in their heads when they decided to make such senseless changes, and I'm not sure if I want too, atleast they'll change it back, but as people already said, why even have an open beta test if they won't listen to the beta testers.
Edited by Täriel on 11/24/2010 2:54 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
More blue gems than red gems? Ya...no. Change it back.

The current design has been reconsidered, so we're planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can't be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we'll have to wait to revert these in a future patch.

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. The change was... ill conceived.

Please don't leave this issue to rot until Cata release day.
100 Worgen Hunter
Ouch...what the hell?!

Glad to see that devs will change it back.

85 Draenei Shaman
Is this a future patch that will be before teir 12 or 14?? Or will this be fixed so that we can use the proper meta gem and gem requirements in BWD/BOT?
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for implementing this change -- I was able to sell a few of the Thunder Skyflare Diamonds I had made leveling jewelcrafting on my alt (the only meta pattern I had at the time)!
85 Orc Rogue
Oi, im just not changing any of the gems... I already have more red sockets than blue...
100 Blood Elf Mage
i liked how it was more interesting than "hurp gem for red" and having to think about reforging was nice. but oh well. guess its just me.
85 Goblin Mage
What I would like to know is the rationale behind the change in the first place. Since Int is by far the best stat for a caster dps class now, of course we're going to try and get Int in as many slots as possible. Even gearing for hit, we're going to want to throw in Int gems and just reforge for any necessary hit. The change is simply counter-intuitive to how they have built gemming for dps casters and it seems like a large oversight to think that it wouldn't be. I know Blizzard isn't perfect, but this just seems like a change that was chosen at random instead of well-reasoned one that was carefully thought about.

i liked how it was more interesting than "hurp gem for red" and having to think about reforging was nice. but oh well. guess its just me.

I don't think you realize the severity of the change. This would completely change gemming for casters, and not in a good way. For every red gem you would have to have a blue or green gem to counter it. If you had say 3 red sockets, 2 yellow sockets, and 2 blue sockets, you would have to gem all four of those yellow and blue sockets with hit and stat/hit gems in order to get the meta (instead of int/stat for the yellows), assuming you throw 20 ints into the red sockets and go for the socket bonuses. It siginificantly reduces what we can do.
Edited by Entropius on 11/24/2010 6:48 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]