since 4.03a Ret is no longer competative...

85 Human Paladin
Just finished raiding ICC25 and was constantly checking my gear, setup, etc...

I'm usually one of the top dps'ers in tha guild but as of patch 4.03a Ret paladins are no longer competative. The dps drop is more than 2k. I play this game to be competative and with the changes that just went live, it's not possible to be competative any longer. The culprit is this:
•Seal of Truth: periodic damage from Censure reduced by 25%

It's simply too much of a nerf!

Also, what are you guys thinking with this meta gem change? Yes, I realize it's being changed back but why was it changed in the first place. It makes no sense! We all want to be competative and have fun in this game and before todays changes ret paladins were competative.
Reply Quote
85 will fix it. Hopefully. We have 2 weeks left. This will seperate the true rets from the fotm rerollers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
i think originally they wanted to try to force people to make gem choices outside of 'hurrr i gem strength in every socket yussssss' but clearly that didn't go over too well! too many players going hurrr i suspect.

in regards to damage overall, at this point it is probably best to cut one's losses and see how things pan out at 85, where our weapon's dps is going to be roughly double that of shadowmourne. this should make a good deal of difference in the damage of a lot of our primary abilities, which are based almost entirely on raw weapon damage. i'm sure we're pretty bad right now, but i suspect a lot of other people are experiencing similar things.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
i think originally they wanted to try to force people to make gem choices outside of 'hurrr i gem strength in every socket yussssss' but clearly that didn't go over too well! too many players going hurrr i suspect.

If they want us to stop gem'ing for purely strength how about they put some effort in to balance stats. Cause as of right now Strength is crushing any other stat after the caps worse then it's ever been.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

If they want us to stop gem'ing for purely strength how about they put some effort in to balance stats. Cause as of right now Strength is crushing any other stat after the caps worse then it's ever been.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
be sure to check your custom lag tolerance bar to be a few notches up your ping and our current meta gem does not work. I was able to pull 11k dps in 10man icc on fester(doing 8k before i adjusted the bar). the most important part is the bar... but its really annoying if your ms change alot...
Edited by Áckbar on 11/24/2010 5:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I did ICC 25 last night on my ret pally and where I once was doing 14k dps I am now doing 10.5k dps....the strange thing is it FEELS like I'm hitting harder than before but this was something I didn't expect.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I've experienced the exact same things. Its like they accidentally nerfed all abilities 25-30% across the board, instead of just seal of truth dots. I don't see how that change would make Templar's verdict drop from 26k to 14-16k, Crusader strike go from 10k to 6.5k, and a majorly buffed exorcism go from 18k to.....10k. I'm hoping its just a rebalancing for things when they hit level 85, and then we'll be competitive in dps once that happens. Right now, however, it seems like the best of us can't even hope to keep up with mages and warlocks who barely try.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Right now, however, it seems like the best of us can't even hope to keep up with mages and warlocks who barely try.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
A lock was still crushing the meters in my 25m last night. Going from top 5 damage to bottom tier made the run not fun at all..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]