Give prot Colossus Smash.

85 Worgen Warrior
Pallies use holy damage to bypass armor.

Feral Druids have bleeds.

Dk's have some spells

Why cant Prot Warriors have a 30% uptime of 100% ArP, seems only fair considering we get no new protection spells.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
can't you just stance dance for it? or am i missing something

Was that serious?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
can't you just stance dance for it? or am i missing something

*Warrior swaps to battlestance*
*Boss becomes filled with happiness*
*Warrior losses threat and becomes able to take 10% more damage.*
*Boss moves to mage*
*Warrior taunts.*
*Boss smashes warriors face for 923,243,242 and begins to *#%! the raid*
*Warrior tells raid "guess its a bad idea to go into battlestance".*
*Raid Leader /kick warrior.*

Yeah, if crit immunity must be talented, it should apply at all times.... Afaik the only reason druids require a specific form is cause tank/dps share a tree. Nobody's gonna be DPS'ing in prot. Small quality of life thing, but the talent as is prevents stance dancing for prot warriors :/
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
sorry, completely forgot i was on the warrior forums and not the pvp forums

I would have no problem with stance dancing in PVP as prot, but I only play ARMS when I PVP .

However when you're tanking you're only immune to crits when you're in DEF stance, or else I would maybe consinder it....

Does anyone else think it would counter all the nerfs prot warriors got this patch? I personally think there's no reason it shouldn't be usable in all stances, stances should define spec and playstyle, and not the spells on the warrior class.

I've played and tanked heroics and raids on beta, and trust me when I say Warriors are by far the worst AoE and Single target tank, Blizzard does not understand that.

The only reason I don't switch to my DK or Druid or Pally is because of all the time I spent on my warrior.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Do you understand what Colo smash does? It only gives the one using it ArP, not the raid.

Colossus Smash Battle, Berserker Stance
20 Rage Melee Range
Instant 20 sec cooldown
Requires Melee Weapon
Requires Battle Stance, Berserker Stance
Smashes a target for 150% weapon damage plus 120 and weakens their defenses, allowing your attacks to entirely bypass their armor for 6 sec.
Edited by Erazer on 11/24/2010 2:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Warrior
Pretty sure it wouldn't be the end of the world to make a macro to battlestance -> CS -> Defensive stance.

Don't need to do it all the time, but at the start it'd be good.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Pretty sure it wouldn't be the end of the world to make a macro to battlestance -> CS -> Defensive stance.

Don't need to do it all the time, but at the start it'd be good.

You know, until you eat a crit.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Warrior
Of course, that would be such a miniscule chance (1s in battle stance, 6% chance to be crit). Not to mention it wouldn't kill you (This is cata, not WOTLK. It takes 5-10 unmitigated hits to kill a tank)

Stop applying WOTLK thinking to Cata, you'll do a lot better.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Of course, that would be such a miniscule chance (1s in battle stance, 6% chance to be crit). Not to mention it wouldn't kill you (This is cata, not WOTLK. It takes 5-10 unmitigated hits to kill a tank)

Stop applying WOTLK thinking to Cata, you'll do a lot better.

You haven't tanked anything in Cata, I have, bosses will destroy you with a crit.

Why should we have to waste rage and GCD'S trying to get one spell off that should be used in all 3 stances.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I'm not really sure why you think it's necessary for prot warriors to have easy access to CS as you don't really need to use it at all. Threat issues only exist with fury warriors and starting off with a CS isn't going to fix that.

The purpose of prot is to hold aggro and not die. It seems like you just want to see the differences between each stance diminished even further from where they are now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]