The Keymaster Achievement gone?

85 Tauren Druid
It seems they removed the The Keymaster achievement, and took away a lot of the keys I gathered for that achievement. Does anyone have anymore information on this?

Missing 9 keys as of 4.0.3a, but ones I know for sure are,
* Crescent Key
* Key to the City
* Shadow Labyrinth Key
* The Scarlet Key
* Skeleton Key
* Workshop Key
Edited by Ryons on 11/24/2010 9:02 AM PST
90 Night Elf Priest
I know a lot of places got opened up... For example, the doors of Dire Maul are now always open. So it's possible the keys were actually removed from the game, and that's why they aren't in your ring anymore.

And I guess with a lot of keys gone from the game... suddenly that achievement gets ridiculously easy >_>

[EDIT] I was in EPL doing Full Caravan and I decided I'd check Strath... sure enough, the service entrance no longer requires a key, so Key to the City isn't needed.
Edited by Neirin on 11/24/2010 9:18 AM PST
85 Tauren Druid
For someone who spent time gathering those keys. I feel it kind of wrong, just to removed the achievement? They should have made it a Feat of Strength.
100 Human Death Knight
I noticed that my Heroic keys for BC were removed as well, so I guess you don't need rep for them anymore.
100 Night Elf Warrior
For someone who spent time gathering those keys. I feel it kind of wrong, just to removed the achievement? They should have made it a Feat of Strength.

This.
100 Human Paladin
I noticed I was missing like 10 keys. It's actually pretty funny because despite reorganizing my keyring the extra space is still there and my keyring is still huge. Oh well. It should have been made an FoS but I'm alright.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed that my Heroic keys for BC were removed as well, so I guess you don't need rep for them anymore.

That is weird. I still have all my BC heroic keys and the Masters key for Karazhan (so guessing it still needs the key to enter).
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You know what they say about Keymasters, large keyrings. Large empty keyrings... *cries*
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I am saddened this wasn't made a FoS. :(
85 Human Paladin
I'm extremely frustrated by this as well. I lost like 150 achievement points. I worked really hard to get all those keys over the years as well. I don't care that they took OUT the keys, but please give me my achivement back as a feat of strength! The devs promised we wouldn't be LOSING things we already achieved. This sucks -_- I'm super frustrated. I wanted to enjoy the shattering, and instead I've spent all day being pissed off.
87 Draenei Paladin
lost about a dozen keys. Still have heroic BC keys. Also still have the Key to Searing Gorge!
90 Human Mage
The reason why it's not showing as a FoS is because it is still listed as an unfinished achievement. At least it is for me. So my guess is it should be reported as a bug.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I've still got my BC honor'd rep keys, but not the rest. Not able to find it under 'General' or Feats of Strength. Kinda bites, I was actually excited when I got all those li'l buggers gathered up and didn't have to wait on a rogue or someone with a key to get into those places.
90 Human Mage
I just noticed that if you look up your character sheet on the old Armory it shows the Keymaster achievement as unfinished. But if you look it up in the new Armory it just isn't there. So this does seem like some bug of some sort.
85 Dwarf Warrior
I imagine they're just cleaning up the need for so many old-world keys, and as such the achievement no longer made sense. I, too, would have liked to have had it in FoS format, but I'd expect it to just remain gone at this point.
100 Human Death Knight
I agree, the Keymaster was one of those "Fun" collection achievements. There was no good reason to completly remove them. My mage had all the keys

Anyways, Ill check regarding the heroics in BC when I get home and see what the story is.
100 Human Priest

I agree. :(
90 Dwarf Priest

I agree. :(

Same.
100 Human Paladin
Not cool Blizzard. I understand if you forgot to convert the Keymaster achievement into a Feat of Strength; I expect you'll fix that. However, I don't agree with your decision to forcibly remove the keys from our keyrings without so much as a warning. So why is it that all of our Zandalar Tribe rep items are still in the game, even though Zul'Gurub is history? (And don't even get me started on your decision to 86 ZG!) As everyone else here said, these keys held memories and a sense of accomplishment with them, and by sweeping this achievement and these keys under the rug, you're doing us all a disservice. I don't expect to get a blue response just like you didn't respond regarding nerfing the Insane achievement. Thanks.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I want my keys back, and I think those of us who got this achievement should get a FoS for it.

Those keys, some of them go back YEARS (like the Workshop Key for example, and the key to SM). Why would you take those away from us?

They are really cool little memento's of different era's in the game for us players.

Please return them.

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]