Question about Faction change

83 Blood Elf Warlock
I'd like to change from Horde to Alliance on my Paladin, however I've used the toon in the past to collect mounts and earn the achievement for the albino drake(which I am very proud of and do not want to lose) My question is, if I do my faction change I assume that I will lose all the horde mounts I've collected threw her, which may result in having less than 50 mounts, which the achievement requires to receive the mount. So will I still have my drake if I do the faction change?
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
Don't think that will happen as the horde specific mounts are traded for their alliance versions, so you should end up with the same number of mounts.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/faction-change-basics-eligibility-and-limitations
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
=D YAY! Thanks!
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
No but see it says this...

Certain rare Faction-specific mounts will come with your character. Racial mounts will not transfer and must be purchased on your new faction.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
Can someone please help me with this?
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
still nothing......
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
You will lose your "racial" mounts (raptors, kodos, etc) however your racial faction rep will transfer as an equivalency. This means you'll be able to purchase equivalent mounts after the change but you won't automatically receive them.

I found that hard to explain so I hope it made sense. lol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
No but see it says this...

Certain rare Faction-specific mounts will come with your character. Racial mounts will not transfer and must be purchased on your new faction.
That is interesting cause I remember when I transferred my DK from ally to horde during Cata it said that race mounts would change. When I was lvling a new ally DK for the Double Agent achievement noticed that only mounts I had swapped were the wind riders to griffons. Would like to hear why that was changed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Actually, let me expand on that...

What I told you was based on you not having any Alliance mounts at all before the transfer. If you do have an Alliance character which has already purchased some/all of the Alliance mounts, you should be all set.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Alidir, that was a change that caught me by surprise as well. I think that came into effect with MoP.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
okay so I'd be able to buy the mounts that I would lose since they would only be racial mounts that do not transfer, and since reputation DOES transfer I can just buy the equivalent in Alliance mounts there for re-attaining my achievement? lol I found that hard to explain too but I think I get it...
Reply Quote
Remember that Argent Tournament racial mounts count as "racial" mounts. You will need to earn the equivalents, if you want them.

You'll still have the originals, just not the ones for the new faction.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Bingo, Azaryel. :D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Alidir, that was a change that caught me by surprise as well. I think that came into effect with MoP.
Think you're right about it being a change with MoP since transferred my DK when Dragon Soul was current, still weird that it wouldn't give the other faction versions imo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Well, I have a theory... but that's all it is. Say you're going from Horde to Ally and pretend you're not a huge mount person. Pretend you maybe bought one of each racial mounts. Can't you just hear people complaining, "You gave me the green mechanostrider. I want to trade it for the yellow one."

>>> NIGHTMARE <<<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]