Your Favorite Healing Class

90 Pandaren Monk
I have alts that cover all the healing classes, although most of them are off-spec. I know which ones I reach for first in need, so below is my list. What is yours? Why?

1. Druid
2. Shaman
3. Priest (Disc preferred)
4. Monk
5. Paladin

Monk edges out Paladin for me because I raised this alt as a healer but the Monk healing dynamics have been so...dynamically changeable that I rarely play her as a healer. I was always more of a kickweaver than anything else so the loss of SCK has set me back. It just seems like such an awkward healing style that they have.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
1. Monk
2. Shaman
3. Priest
4. Druid
5. Paladin

I played my Shaman since the beginning of LK to MoP, then got incredibly bored. After deciding to try a monk when I seen it was the least played class, I fell in love. Such an exciting playstyle.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
1. Disc
Because this toon was disc at level 10 and continues to be disc.

2. Resto Druid
Because rejuvenation/lifebloom/swiftmend/wildgrowth works so well together.
*I haven't play the resto since mushrooms became important.

3. Holy Priest
Because I used to pvp on my very first priest and stuck it out even though holy did not
have any chakras. And...circle of healing was fun.

4. Shaman/Holy Paladin/Mistweaver
I've raised all 3 to heal, but only healed at low level on a Mistweaver.
All three alts I sort of ignore for now.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Druid is my favorite. Might be because I have more experience and gear on him, but I like insta-cast HoTs.

Priest is my second favorite. I just really like how PoM works. A lot.

Shaman seemed so promising, but now that I've given him some go in Flex, I don't really like it. Feels chunky and clunky.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
1. Paladin/Shaman
2. Shaman/Paladin
3. Monk
4. Priest
5. Druid
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1. Druid (first toon and first healer <3 Just love their healing style)
2. Disc Priest (toon I heroic raid on, love it so much I have 2 lol). I suck at holy, I find it confusing.
3. Monk (working on a second one ...)
4. Paladin (healed more on my pally in cata than I have now, for the DS alt runs)
5. Shaman (shaman is only 85 so I haven't healed much on her)

Druid and priest will always be my favorite.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Druid / Holy Priest
Druid's my main and will always love druid healing, but I've lately been having a blast on my priest as Holy as well. I know Holy in itself takes a bit more patience and understanding and is frowned upon by many people, but I've taken a liking to it. Not sure why. I just... do. lol Resto Druids are just fun in general. I love all the hots I can get rolling and love the druid's flexibility even more.

Shaman
Shaman healing was probably the easiest for me to pick up and get into. Not bad. But edged out by the un-explainable joy I get from Holy and Resto Druid's mobility.

Monk
Nothing BAD to say about monk healing... just can't get into these days :(

Disc Priest
Thrown aside for Holy I'm afraid... I still go Disc when I feel like the fight clearly favors it and I feel like the raid will NEED it, but I can, I try and stay Holy. I find it all too repetitive and boring, which is never a good thing, because then I start tunnel visioning :P Only thing that keeps it above pally is my slighting liking for spirit shell and pain suppression.

Paladin
asl;kdjf;alskdjf;akfj
'Nough said.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Druid
Shaman
Disc Priest
Never tried monk

Paladin
Reply Quote
So much paladin hate in this thread. D:

Selfless healer build holy pally is by far my favorite right now. After that, I'm kinda indifferent between the other heal specs, but I don't particularly dislike any of them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Shaman
Holy Priest
-big gap of enjoyment decline-
Holy Paladin
Druid
Monk
Disc Priest

I liked Paladins much more during Firelands compared to now :x
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
1.) Disc Priest
2.) Resto Druid
3.) Mistweaver Monk
4.) Blood Death Knight

10.) Resto Shaman
100.) Holy Paladin
Reply Quote
All-time favorite: Fistweaver monk. I'm a tank/melee DPS kinda guy, so having a melee DPS aspect attached to a healer was love at first fight with me. Definitely my go-to healer.

The distant second: Enhancement shaman. The flipside of monk healing. For the longest time, before MoP hit, this was my melee healer. Has now been rendered obsolete by monks but still gets played from time to time. If they ever came out with Crackling Jade Chain Lighting he'd be reduced to "bank alt" status.

The rest (I dabble in all these once in a while, but nothing serious):

#1 Druid (w/ Dream of Cenarius talent)
#2 Paladin
#3 Holy priest
#4 Disc priest
#5 Shaman
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
1) Disc Priest
2) Paladin
3) MW Monk
4) Druid
5) Holy Priest
6) Shaman

I prefer my disc priest. The truth it out.
Edited by Naérwen on 1/16/2014 5:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
1) Disc Priest
2) Paladin
3) MW Monk
4) Druid
5) Holy Priest
6) Shaman

I prefer my disc priest. The truth it out.

we're over
Edited by Sensations on 1/16/2014 5:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Shaman
Paladin
Druid

Monk

Priest
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All-time favorite: Fistweaver monk. I'm a tank/melee DPS kinda guy

01/16/2014 05:05 AMPosted by Joeblow
favorite: Fistweaver monk.

Fistweaver monk

Why
Edited by Xulift on 1/16/2014 5:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
we're over

that's fine. I'll come over for angry...you know

also. you jerk.
________

The reasons I dislike shamans so much is not actually their mechanics (I did level one to 70 ish at one point but deleted her for room D:) but that I just couldn't get used to the pace of things.

Druids/Priests/MW's are all fairly similar, Pally is similar because of absorbs but a bit clunky at the same time (certain pieces of the toolkit seem almost counter intuitive).
Edited by Naérwen on 1/16/2014 5:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1. Druid
2. Monk (probably will be a monk when WoD hits)
3. Priest
4. Shaman
5. Pally
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
1. Paladin
2. Shaman
3. Druid
4. Monk
5. Priest
Reply Quote
Can't I like them all?

I like which ever one I seem to be playing currently. With that said, I always go back to druid cause I feel it's faster game play. I like a lot of movement with no casting and feeling like gcd should be shorter. ;) I haven't a lot of experience with monk yet, she is still low level, so perhaps it will feel similar and may become one I go back to often as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]