Removing *SOME* CC in WoD

80 Undead Warlock
I've always thought there was a bit much CC in the game this xpac, but I never really would have considered it unbalanced. Honestly, what would the response from the community be to something like pvp trinket having 2 charges/reducing its cooldown, or something along those lines before removing CC? Not trying to make suggestions, really just curious.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
every class now has some form of 5 plus seconds of cc...some needs to go
Edited by Evilite on 1/9/2014 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Getting rid of CCs on multi talents tier that some classes have would be a good start (Shockwave/Stormbolt for example, or Narrow Escape and Hunters second tier).
Reply Quote
Every single form of "knockback" effects needs to be scrapped is a good start..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Could probably remove 50% of the CC and it make it much better.

Especially a lot of the instant CC.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
AJ
I think most CC needs to be removed from the talent trees. CC should be what makes a spec unique. Like wyvern sting, howl of a terror, shock wave, etc. If they are going to put CC on the trees, then it should weighted against other cc abilities, not damage or utility buffs.

Of just keep it how it is now and just tone things down a tad. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

like make the cc have a shorter duration?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
My personal list of annoying, yet by no means gamebreaking grievances:

- Psyfriend
- Rainbow Stalin mesmerize pet
- Goats

/personal vendetta against mindless ai npc cc spam
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I think most CC needs to be removed from the talent trees. CC should be what makes a spec unique. Like wyvern sting, howl of a terror, shock wave, etc. If they are going to put CC on the trees, then it should weighted against other cc abilities, not damage or utility buffs.

Our current plans are to do a little of both. We do like CC in talent trees, particularly when they're put up against other CC's in the tier (as you mentioned). You still can only have one of the three, but you get to choose exactly which, and can tailor that choice to your comp, playstyle, raid encounter, etc. Choosing between a CC and a DPS cooldown doesn't always feel as meaningful, so part of our plans for talents in WoD include making those choices make more sense where we can.

Still, we think there's more needed than just shaking talent trees around a bit, so we're going through baseline CC's as well. Some will be left alone. Some will be nerfed. Some will be outright removed. Note that some CC breaks are likely to be nerfed as well in the process, as when there's less CC overall, the ability to remove whatever's left over becomes exponentially more powerful.

Please remember that the expansion is still very much in development, so anything could change at any time. But that's our current thinking.
Edited by Lore on 1/9/2014 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
01/09/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Lore
!@#$ling talent trees

BLUE POST AND HE SWORE OMG
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
omg posting in a blue thread

+1 for toning down (instant) cc
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
just !@#$ling talent trees

GM said whaaat?
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
This is sounding super positive. If this goes through, not to mention the toning down of damage, I'll be looking forward VERY MUCH to WoD.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
This is sounding super positive. If this goes through, not to mention the toning down of damage, I'll be looking forward VERY MUCH to WoD.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
01/09/2014 01:32 PMPosted by Neraaknan
just !@#$ling talent trees

GM said whaaat?

https://twitter.com/devolore/status/421393699457601538
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter

Our current plans are to do a little of both. We do like CC in talent trees, particularly when they're put up against other CC's in the tier (as you mentioned). You still can only have one of the three, but you get to choose exactly which, and can tailor that choice to your comp, playstyle, raid encounter, etc. Choosing between a CC and a DPS cooldown doesn't always feel as meaningful, so part of our plans for talents in WoD include making those choices make more sense where we can.

Still, we think there's more needed than just shaking talent trees around a bit, so we're going through baseline CC's as well. Some will be left alone. Some will be nerfed. Some will be outright removed. Note that some CC breaks are likely to be nerfed as well in the process, as when there's less CC overall, the ability to remove whatever's left over becomes exponentially more powerful.

Please remember that the expansion is still very much in development, so anything could change at any time. But that's our current thinking.

Looking good so far Lore, thanks for the heads up !
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/09/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Lore
You still can only have one of the three, but you get to choose exactly which, and can tailor that choice to your comp, playstyle, raid encounter, etc.

Druids have 2 full talent tiers dedicated to CC. Perhaps merging them into one and dropping stuff we don't use?
Reply Quote
96 Human Hunter
Would be cool if baseline traps were removed and placed where intimidation is. Slight buff by making traps AoE.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

alrdy am, seems like pvp is finaly getting some attention :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]