Removing *SOME* CC in WoD

1 Blood Elf Paladin
Happy to keep both my accounts subbed now!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/09/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Pluix
Are you considering spell locks and interrupts as ccs?

Yes.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
01/09/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Pluix

Yes.

Marry me
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
no
Marry me

but seriously...thanks for the notice...hopefully it will make pvp much better :)
Edited by Evilite on 1/9/2014 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
01/09/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Lore
Are you considering spell locks and interrupts as ccs?

Yes.

<3 <3 <3.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
One other thing I just mentioned on Twitter that I'd like to bring up here as well -- we're also planning on having fewer DR categories (and thus, more shared DR's) in WoD. Again, still in development, anything can change, but that's what we're looking at.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
One other thing I just mentioned on Twitter that I'd like to bring up here as well -- we're also planning on having fewer DR categories (and thus, more shared DR's) in WoD. Again, still in development, anything can change, but that's what we're looking at.

OMG ty, ty :)
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin

lore will you marry me
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
WHAT IS ALL THIS ATTENTION ON PVP. I DON'T EVEN......MIND=BLOWN.
Reply Quote
THERES A BLUE IN THE ARENA FORUMS
THE END TIMES ARE NEAR
Reply Quote
One other thing I just mentioned on [url="https://twitter.com/devolore/status/421396636523184128"]Twitter[/url] that I'd like to bring up here as well -- we're also planning on having fewer DR categories (and thus, more shared DR's) in WoD. Again, still in development, anything can change, but that's what we're looking at.

Lore

More then anything please tell me you guys are considering cooldowns on the three spammable CCs in the game right now which is Fear, Cyclone, and Polymorph. These three CCs completely break the game when two or more are present on the same team.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
THERES A BLUE IN THE ARENA FORUMS
THE END TIMES ARE NEAR
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
WoD just keeps sounding better and better.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/09/2014 01:47 PMPosted by Criming
More then anything please tell me you guys are considering cooldowns on the three spammable CCs in the game right now which is Fear, Cyclone, and Polymorph. These three CCs completely break the game when two or more are present on the same team.

We're considering lots of things :) Feedback is appreciated, I can bring it up. We may end up disagreeing, but we'll seriously consider any suggestions.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
We're considering lots of things :) Feedback is appreciated, I can bring it up. We may end up disagreeing, but we'll seriously consider any suggestions.

How far are you toning down damage?

Is it burst you're toning or is it sustained, or a mix?

EDIT: I'd like to have to work for cc again, rather than instant cc like stuns, saps, blinds, whatever. It's a good mechanic.
Edited by Avaricex on 1/9/2014 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
AJ
Another response from Lore. Much appreciated.

Our current plans are to do a little of both. We do like CC in talent trees, particularly when they're put up against other CC's in the tier (as you mentioned). You still can only have one of the three, but you get to choose exactly which, and can tailor that choice to your comp, playstyle, raid encounter, etc. Choosing between a CC and a DPS cooldown doesn't always feel as meaningful, so part of our plans for talents in WoD include making those choices make more sense where we can.

Still, we think there's more needed than just !@#$ling talent trees around a bit, so we're going through baseline CC's as well. Some will be left alone. Some will be nerfed. Some will be outright removed. Note that some CC breaks are likely to be nerfed as well in the process, as when there's less CC overall, the ability to remove whatever's left over becomes exponentially more powerful.

Please remember that the expansion is still very much in development, so anything could change at any time. But that's our current thinking.

I specifically mentioned shockwave for this reason. Choosing between utility and damage dealing abilities is always a tough call for players, and they can turn into that over powered item as the meta shifts up. Like going from silencing shot to wyvern sting. I realize having damage and CC on the same tier can help divide up priorities for the pvp versus the pve player, but by splitting them up on separate tiers, we are seeing lots of players pick up the CC items exclusively. Having all cc on the same tier but changing the flavor might lower the total amount of cc in games while still adding enough dimension for choice.

Definitely think some cc breaks should be removed, as long as some of the most classic ones remain. Like zerker rage for fear.

For as many players that don't like CC, a lot of us do enjoy it. The flavor it adds to the game is great. Balancing matches simply around damage dealing would be pretty stale. I do think there is a tad to much cc in game as of now, but honestly not that far off. Having to work for cc I think is the big change. Even if the amount of cc stayed the same, the ability or the method for how cc is delivered could be looked at.

Thanks for the response!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Not all classes have too much CC. Monks only have two stuns, and only one if they don't spec to the other. Yes we have a "sap" but honestly, it breaks on damage, has a 15 sec cd, and last 3-4 secs, so its not really a big "plus" Classes like a Warrior have way too MANY ccs for the amount of damage they can put out. Fear and non-stop stuns is not needed for a plate class that has such a high amount of damage plus high amount of defenses. Fear from Warlocks is also a pretty pain in the !@#, its like non-stop, then add Shivarra's/Succubus's sleep that doesn't share DR. Lastly Rogue's Kidney Shot is bull$%^-. 8 second stun???????? I think they should just make ALL fears,stuns, and charms share DR, or take some away from some classes.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Not all classes have too much CC. Monks only have two stuns, and only one if they don't spec to the other. Yes we have a "sap" but honestly, it breaks on damage, has a 15 sec cd, and last 3-4 secs, so its not really a big "plus" Classes like a Warrior have way too MANY ccs for the amount of damage they can put out. Fear and non-stop stuns is not needed for a plate class that has such a high amount of damage plus high amount of defenses. Fear from Warlocks is also a pretty pain in the !@#, its like non-stop, then add Shivarra's/Succubus's sleep that doesn't share DR. Lastly Rogue's Kidney Shot is bull$%^-. 8 second stun???????? I think they should just make ALL fears,stuns, and charms share DR, or take some away from some classes.

You have more cc than a warrior, what are you saying? It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.
EDIT: only combat rogues only have 8 second kidney and Shivarra shares DR with Fear.
Edited by Avaricex on 1/9/2014 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]