Removing *SOME* CC in WoD

1 Blood Elf Paladin
Monks can easily be peeled off by Hunters and Mages. If a Monk can stick to a Hunter or Mage, then that Mage/Hunter clearly sucks. Feral Druids are a class that's unpeelable, they're basically immune to snares/roots, Monks aren't. Monks have 2 rolls, one fly kick, and if spec'ed (which I would hope) Tiger's lust. All 25_+ sec cd. Im not speaking of just 3s. Even in 2s and 5s you don't see a WW Monk in the top. Mobility I agree with.

That's a really short CD, bae.

25 seconds? I wish I had a gap closer period. 2s? WWs are god tier in 2s. But lol2s don't matter.

5s? 5s doesn't matter EITHER! Please don't ever correct my posts like that under my quote. Thank you, it's rude and quite improper.

It sounds like you have a l2p issue.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Shadow Priest OP in WoD because we hardly have any CC at all. LEGGO!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Our current plans are to do a little of both. We do like CC in talent trees, particularly when they're put up against other CC's in the tier (as you mentioned). You still can only have one of the three, but you get to choose exactly which, and can tailor that choice to your comp, playstyle, raid encounter, etc. Choosing between a CC and a DPS cooldown doesn't always feel as meaningful, so part of our plans for talents in WoD include making those choices make more sense where we can.

Still, we think there's more needed than just shaking talent trees around a bit, so we're going through baseline CC's as well. Some will be left alone. Some will be nerfed. Some will be outright removed. Note that some CC breaks are likely to be nerfed as well in the process, as when there's less CC overall, the ability to remove whatever's left over becomes exponentially more powerful.

Please remember that the expansion is still very much in development, so anything could change at any time. But that's our current thinking.

Looking good so far Lore, thanks for the heads up !
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Are you going to remove enough of the interrupts/spell locks that casting a spell isn't <always> the wrong option in a battleground for a healer?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/09/2014 01:58 PMPosted by Avaricex
Wanted to give you a HUGE thank you for being involved today with us. We really like getting blue posts. Thank you, Lore.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
01/09/2014 02:42 PMPosted by Avaricex
Monks can easily be peeled off by Hunters and Mages. If a Monk can stick to a Hunter or Mage, then that Mage/Hunter clearly sucks. Feral Druids are a class that's unpeelable, they're basically immune to snares/roots, Monks aren't. Monks have 2 rolls, one fly kick, and if spec'ed (which I would hope) Tiger's lust. All 25_+ sec cd. Im not speaking of just 3s. Even in 2s and 5s you don't see a WW Monk in the top. Mobility I agree with.

That's a really short CD, bae.

25 seconds? I wish I had a gap closer period. 2s? WWs are god tier in 2s. But lol2s don't matter.

5s? 5s doesn't matter EITHER! Please don't ever correct my posts like that under my quote. Thank you, it's rude and quite improper.

So then tell me Mr. Know It All, against a Frost Mage, how do you dispel the snare that is caused by Frostbolt? Don't be mad because you were wrong about Monks having more cc's than Warriors.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
So then tell me Mr. Know It All, against a Frost Mage, how do you dispel the snare that is caused by Frostbolt? Don't be mad because you were wrong about Monks having more cc's than Warriors.

You should save tiger's lust for when you really need to have uptime.

NO CLASS should have 100% uptime. My main is a retribution paladin, I am currently 2146 in 3s and I am 2345 experienced. I have a ton of ways to remove slows and snares.. Yet I still don't have 100% uptime.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Well, they think mesmerize doesn't DR with Fear. What's that tell you?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh i have been so eagerly awaiting the final verdict of the Arms v. WW case.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
01/09/2014 02:49 PMPosted by Avaricex

NO CLASS should have 100% uptime. My main is a retribution paladin, I am currently 2146 in 3s and I am 2345 experienced. I have a ton of ways to remove slows and snares.. Yet I still don't have 100% uptime.

druids have 100% uptime and Im speaking as if all of your abilities are on cd smart one. Also you do have 100% uptime as a Ret paladin, its called Emancipate. Also as Ret all of your attacks are ranged except Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
druids have 100% uptime and Im speaking as if all of your abilities are on cd smart one. Also you do have 100% uptime as a Ret paladin, its called Emancipate. Also as Ret all of your attacks are ranged except Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict.

No, they don't have 100% uptime. Neither do I. I OOM from Emancipate - more than that, one emancipate = one snare removal. Please stop thinking you understand the game and other classes while being stuck at 1600 in 2s.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

You're not getting much uptime when you're using 100% of your GCDs on Emancipate...

All of our ranged attacks are poopy compared to CS and TV.

Also HAAAAAAAAAY TIGER BABE <3
Edited by Lobster on 1/9/2014 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
How far are you toning down damage?

Is it burst you're toning or is it sustained, or a mix?

Numbers are hard for us to discuss right now, really. Between the item squish, base health/resil changes, spell/ability scaling changes, and probably some other stuff that doesn't come to mind right now, it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Once we're further along in development, we'll take a look at where all of that puts us, and adjust accordingly.

Hopefully one day Blizz will realize that THIS is still far better than no information at all. Maybe even today...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
RET PALLYs don't have downtime in the sense you always have a button to hit. however they spend the entire match at 50% hp and have to waste a lot of globals healing or dispelling
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
-peenchpeench- I xferred to ED cuz of personal issues.
Adam#11862 if yous interested.

RET PALLYs don't have downtime in the sense you always have a button to hit. however they spend the entire match at 50% hp and have to waste a lot of globals healing or dispelling

uptime refers to uptime on target. :/
Edited by Avaricex on 1/9/2014 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
01/09/2014 02:56 PMPosted by Avaricex

No, they don't have 100% uptime. Neither do I. I OOM from Emancipate - more than that, one emancipate = one snare removal. Please stop thinking you understand the game and other classes while being stuck at 1600 in 2s.

Lol, I don't understand the game? You're the one who said Warrios have less cc than monks and still ignoring the fact you were wrong. OOMing from Emancipate is not likely since one judgement restores the mana back and you have Hand of Freedom and Arcane Torrent if you're a Blood Elf. So now lets dis on ratings, its not going to bother me, the only reason I have 1600 is because there's zero Horde on my realm, and I haven't met anyone yet on crossrealm that I can depend on for ratings. If I did, I'd be exactly where you are in arenas. I really would like to see your toon as well, rather than a level 1.... A lot of people claim they have 2000k+ rating when they really don't.
Edited by Ritã on 1/9/2014 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
01/09/2014 03:02 PMPosted by Ritã
Arcane Torrent

Arcane Torrent restores 2% mana and is an integral additional interrupt :/
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Arcane Torrent

Arcane Torrent restores 2% mana and is an integral additional interrupt :/

\
Love how you ignore the rest and only respond to Arcane Torrent. Especially the fact about proving you really have 2000k rating. I sense a fraud =)
Edited by Ritã on 1/9/2014 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.twitch.tv/watchmeblink1/b/493640698

3 hours 39 mins

That's all you need to know about me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
One other thing I just mentioned on [url="https://twitter.com/devolore/status/421396636523184128"]Twitter[/url] that I'd like to bring up here as well -- we're also planning on having fewer DR categories (and thus, more shared DR's) in WoD. Again, still in development, anything can change, but that's what we're looking at.

:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]