Bring Back WotLK Lifebloom in WoD

70 Undead Rogue
Ever since the revamp in cata to lifebloom its become a spell you stack to 3 on the current tank, refresh over the course of the fight, and essentially never let bloom due to the 3 gcds it takes to get it rolling again. Its become a boring maintenance buff.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, the old lifebloom used to be:

Heals the target for [XX] over 7 sec. When Lifebloom completes its duration or is dispelled, the target instantly heals themself for XXX and the Druid regains half the cost of the spell. This effect can stack up to 3 times on the same target.

There are two essential differences. First, you could cast it on as many targets as you wanted. Second, the spell was more expensive up front - but when it bloomed you recovered mana. This made rolling lifebloom on a single target in perpetuity more mana intense, but it rewarded putting a few stacks on other targets because of the bloom.

The reason this change would be beneficial to healing druids is because it provides more interactive gameplay. If a player intelligently preempts damage with lifebloom they are rewarded with mana efficiency. This, I feel, is much more rewarding than the current "keep lifebloom rolling at all times" spell it has become.

This will, of course, change the nature of the spell from a tank healing spell into a more general healing spell. To compensate for tank healing change Nourish to additionally heal by 10% if rejuv is on the target, 10% if regrowth is on the target, 10% if lifebloom is on the target and 10% if wild growth is on the target - for a max potential of 40% additional. This is instead of the current 20% if any of those spells is on the target.

Finally because of this Omen of Clarity needs to change as well. Instead of a 4% chance to proc on each lifebloom tick, I propose a 1% chance to proc every time regrowth, rejuv or lifebloom ticks, as well as an additional 5-8% chance every time lifebloom blooms.

For pvp, if its an issue, make dispelling lifebloom no longer refund mana and/or life.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Would be nice if only because right now it's as boring as Savage Roar. You keep it at 100% uptime and if you let it drop off, you're bad.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
My wotlk memory is hazy, I though cata was the expansion you let it bloom and wotlk was the "lol who uses lifebloom, just roll rejuv and wg."
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I didn't play a resto druid before MoP; but the LB now is a massive pain in the a... I ended up having to make up a new weak auras icon to remind me to keep it up at all times.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I didn't play a resto druid before MoP; but the LB now is a massive pain in the a... I ended up having to make up a new weak auras icon to remind me to keep it up at all times.

It was worse back then. 10 seconds long. And there wasn't a glyph to swap 3 stacks from one tank to the other.

I'm probably the only person who doesn't mind Lifebloom at all.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I don't mind it how it is now but I did like being able to use it on multiple targets.

Another thing I liked in wrath was the talent that let Rejuv restore power source to the person it was ticking on, that was a pretty sweet deal. :3
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
When they did the surveys before MOP, that was one of the request druids had the most along with the tree form, to get rid of the old life bloom because in a fight where you have tank swaps all the time it took us 3 GCDs to put it on the other tank.

Going back would be a very bad idea. There was nothing fun to have to recast it 3 times every tank swap.
Edited by Karuzo on 1/15/2014 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
70 Undead Rogue
01/15/2014 10:03 AMPosted by Karuzo
When they did the surveys before MOP, that was one of the request druids had the most along with the tree form, to get rid of the old life bloom because in a fight where you have tank swaps all the time it took us 3 GCDs to put it on the other tank.

That's interesting, do you have a link to the wrath survey?

Going back would be a very bad idea. There was nothing fun to have to recast it 3 times every tank swap.

Then I would say the problem with lifebloom was the fact that it was more beneficial, or not punishing enough, to never let it bloom. If you're not going to utilize the bloom of course you're going to be annoyed about the fact that you have to recast it. I realize the only healers with any mana issues in ICC were holy priests, which contributed to rolling lifeblooms, but the 'fix' of making it single target and swappable with a glyph gutted the spell in every other regard. Nerf the periodic healing, increase the relative up front cost or provide other incentives so that healers want to let it bloom.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Would be nice if only because right now it's as boring as Savage Roar. You keep it at 100% uptime and if you let it drop off, you're bad.

Sounds like nearly every hot/dot in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
to be honest i hate the new LB and hated the old LB styles

i would make a new idea to be made for LB
Edited by Nillie on 1/16/2014 5:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]