The hardest vs easiest healing class

100 Pandaren Monk
Hardest in term of normal and heroic raid.

Hardest: Mistweaver
Easiest: Disc Priest

What is your opinion?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
No healer is hard enough or easy enough to make a list. They are all easy, what changes is the player.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I've only ever played Resto Druid, but to me it's really faceroll.

Step 1: Place Shrooms
Step 2: Rejuv spam to charge shrooms
Step 3: Bloom Shrooms after raid damage
Step 4: Cast SM/WG every 15 seconds.
Step 5: Use OoC and 2pc procs
Edited by Druidboii on 1/16/2014 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I think shrooms are best used as a backup when stacked raid is about to eat a death (so we maximize raid cds and other healer's heals until the moment they're not enough), or as a main cooldown on purpose rather than just using it as a steal over other stacked aoe heals :D

Then again, it does less hps this way (even though it's most effective to keep people alive).

WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT!???

:D :( :) D:
Reply Quote
I think they are all equal difficulty for skilled game play. I think when first starting out they have different levels intuitiveness.

For lfr difficulty I would say you can be average with a disc easily with just atonement. I find that even if I don't play my shaman for ages I can pick it back up and play at average skill easily because spell choices always seem straight forward.

If you want to be above average tho, you will have pretty equal difficulty on all healers imo. None I would call difficult, it is understanding how the whole toolkit works.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
No healer is hard enough or easy enough to make a list. They are all easy, what changes is the player.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
01/16/2014 05:16 AMPosted by Sensations

Agreed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/16/2014 12:41 AMPosted by Xingling

Disc is only easy if you're one of those players who thinks playing disc means smiting and spamming divine star throughout an entire fight. No spirit shell, no PW:S, no POH, just smite. Ugh, it drives me insane.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Hardest: All of them
Easiest: All of them
Edited by Harpoa on 1/16/2014 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Troll Druid
Nerf Disc?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/16/2014 05:16 AMPosted by Sensations
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Oh my god...what have you done. You've created a
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/16/2014 02:10 PMPosted by Cinnabuns

Disc is only easy if you're one of those players who thinks playing disc means smiting and spamming divine star throughout an entire fight. No spirit shell, no PW:S, no POH, just smite. Ugh, it drives me insane.

God I've seem so many priests do this in flex.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Probably depends on 10 vs 25 as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
The Hardest: The one you suck at.
The Easiest: The one you're good at
The Least Common: The one you're trying to recruit
The Most Common: The one you've had to bench
The one with the best OS: Whatever OS you use the most
The one with the worst OS: That one Resto shaman that is Enhancement OS.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Hardest: the class you play.
Easiest: the class that beats you on meters.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Holy Priest is the hardest. It has a lot of cooldowns to take care of, the stupid Chakra mechanic to flip around, and about 12 different healing buttons, none of which are particularly strong compared to other healers. Both Disc and Holy both have pretty garbage mana regen too.

Resto Sham is the easiest. Just having one basically gives the entire raid a permanent Rallying Cry and their Mastery scaling with threatening damage, when combined with their smart heals, is insane. Resto has no less than 3 incredibly powerful healing cooldowns baseline with a 4th talentable. Healing Tide and Ascendance are singularly the best healing cooldowns in the game for raid damage. Single-target and AoE healing throughput are completely unmatched. RSham were merely balanced in 5.2, they are gods in 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/16/2014 12:41 AMPosted by Xingling
Hardest: Mistweaver

agree

I've only played MW, Disc, and HPal for heroic SoO though - but I've played them all a fair amount (playing Holy Priest for Heroic Malkorok doesn't count).
I do genuinely think Disc is the easiest, at least among the things I've played. Imo a large part of that is attributable to its generally smaller typical toolkit (that is, spells you actually use on at least a semi-regular basis).
Too lazy to discuss again why MWs are "hard". I think hard may not be exactly the right word, but maybe clunkiest/most-cluster-effed/highest learning curve/least rewards for performance.

But naturally answers depend on player as well as player bias/blindness. I'd love to say we're all equally easy/hard. But that's a silly tale.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]