The hardest vs easiest healing class

90 Undead Priest
01/17/2014 10:20 AMPosted by Piamette
I do genuinely think Disc is the easiest, at least among the things I've played. Imo a large part of that is attributable to its generally smaller typical toolkit (that is, spells you actually use on at least a semi-regular basis).Too lazy to discuss again why MWs are "hard". I think hard may not be exactly the right word, but maybe clunkiest/most-cluster-effed/highest learning curve/least rewards for performance.

I have negligible heroic mode experience on my monk or priest, but I agree with this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You can put 10M Holy priest right up there with

clunkiest/most-cluster-effed/highest learning curve/least rewards for performance.
Edited by Naérwen on 1/17/2014 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/16/2014 12:41 AMPosted by Xingling
Hardest in term of normal and heroic raid.

Hardest: Mistweaver
Easiest: Disc Priest

What is your opinion?

Hardest: Fistweaver Monk -> do it 90% right = complete fail.
Easiest: Mistweaver Monk -> do it 90% wrong = still good enough.

Everything else is somewhere in between.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/17/2014 05:29 AMPosted by Vinlan
God I've seem so many priests do this in flex.

I'm going to be honest, it's flex they probably out gear the hell out of it and are just helping some friends out. Smite spam is completely viable in lfr/flex/ and even some extent normals, especially if you are in 25 compared to a 2 healing 10man group.

I dont want to be that guy but... its flex. At this point a fair amount of people out gear it and are running it for certain things complaining about seeing people smite spam makes me question: If you have enough time to watch what another healer is doing during the entire fight to know they are smite spamming the whole thing... what are you doing exactly?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/17/2014 12:01 PMPosted by Askala
Mistweaver Monk -> do it 90% wrong = still good enough

This is a good joke!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Disc Priest -> do it 90% wrong = still good enough

ftfy
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Resto druid is pretty faceroll.

The only justification I've come up with for why there are so many bad resto druids is that they either haven't set up their keybinds correctly or they're not dedicated enough to keep rolling their face on the keyboard when they start getting blisters.

Filthy casuals.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
Pressing buttons is hard
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
01/17/2014 12:15 PMPosted by Recklessrob
I'm going to be honest, it's flex they probably out gear the hell out of it and are just helping some friends out. Smite spam is completely viable in lfr/flex/ and even some extent normals, especially if you are in 25 compared to a 2 healing 10man group

Agreed. Once you hit like 530ilvl, atonement/smite spam is really enough to keep people up and bubbled with divine aegis in LFR and some points of flex. Also, the dps is a nice addition to raid damage.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
should nerf atonement

come at me bros
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I'd say disc priest is the easiest, but then I'd be biased, since it's the one I play the most, so I'll say holy pally.

I am really struggling with mw monk.

01/17/2014 08:21 AMPosted by Naérwen
The Hardest: The one you suck at.
The Easiest: The one you're good at
The Least Common: The one you're trying to recruit
The Most Common: The one you've had to bench
The one with the best OS: Whatever OS you use the most
The one with the worst OS: That one Resto shaman that is Enhancement OS.

Don't forget hpallies with prot OS.

Also resto druids with feral OS. We have one of those.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
01/17/2014 06:21 PMPosted by Tøps
I'm going to be honest, it's flex they probably out gear the hell out of it and are just helping some friends out. Smite spam is completely viable in lfr/flex/ and even some extent normals, especially if you are in 25 compared to a 2 healing 10man group

Agreed. Once you hit like 530ilvl, atonement/smite spam is really enough to keep people up and bubbled with divine aegis in LFR and some points of flex. Also, the dps is a nice addition to raid damage.

I don't even look at the raid frame in LFR anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman

Disc is only easy if you're one of those players who thinks playing disc means smiting and spamming divine star throughout an entire fight. No spirit shell, no PW:S, no POH, just smite. Ugh, it drives me insane.

Oh yes. OH YES.

I once did a Garrosh flex pug with a disc priest (2 healing it). She kept getting upset about her healing numbers (healing wasn't an issue; i think she was just having epeen issues compared to my healing numbers?).

I noticed that she never used spirit shell -ONCE-.

In every attempt...

I thought that I might say something...like: "Spirit Shell would be really nice -here- or -here-, you know?"

But then I decided to leave the pug anyway :p

My disc priest is an alt and I can't imagine people who main the c lass and don't use spirit shell...it's just a fun ability. Ok if you're being lazy, but I feel that would be like me not using healing tide or ascendence. Sure, I might do that now and then since I don't really -need- it on most fights in lfr/flex farm, but....why?
Edited by Rhianon on 1/18/2014 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Druid
I've never been able to grasp shaman in serious content. Druid and pally seem pretty even.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
01/17/2014 10:20 AMPosted by Piamette
Hardest: Mistweaver

agree

I've only played MW, Disc, and HPal for heroic SoO though - but I've played them all a fair amount (playing Holy Priest for Heroic Malkorok doesn't count).
I do genuinely think Disc is the easiest, at least among the things I've played. Imo a large part of that is attributable to its generally smaller typical toolkit (that is, spells you actually use on at least a semi-regular basis).
Too lazy to discuss again why MWs are "hard". I think hard may not be exactly the right word, but maybe clunkiest/most-cluster-effed/highest learning curve/least rewards for performance.

But naturally answers depend on player as well as player bias/blindness. I'd love to say we're all equally easy/hard. But that's a silly tale.

Funny you say that. I think Disc is hardest and Mistweaver is NOT easiest it does have a learning curve. I've found disc harder to heal multiple people quickly and mediocre at keeping people alive. Mistweaver is extremely powerful because everything is instant cast.

Holy priest on the other hand is extremely powerful but to me it feels like blizzard threw it together without any thought. None of the spells seem to work together in synergy but I can still pump out crazy heals. Chakra was the worst thing that happened to holy priests.
Reply Quote
I've only healed with a disci priest and shammy. Out of the 2 I have to say shammy is the easiest
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
hardest: disc priest when you don't know anything about a fight

easiest: disc priest when you know exactly what's going to happen and when
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/20/2014 11:59 AMPosted by Verossa
hardest: disc priest when you don't know anything about a fight

easiest: disc priest when you know exactly what's going to happen and when

Pretty much this. However with the addition to atonement being an integral part of our toolkit. Its less punishing to miss a mechanic or not know it.

This is pretty true for all healers though. It is slightly more important for disc though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]