Why aren't there many MW in LFR?

90 Pandaren Monk
Whenever I jump into a LFR, I hardly ever see other MW monks. Is this the same for other raids? I try hard to top the heal charts and fail most times which makes it disconcerting because I have no other MW monks to compare to in LFR. Am I not healing to the best of my ability or is the lack of MW's based on it be a learning curve compared to the other healers? Would like to see some opinions.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
01/09/2014 02:42 PMPosted by Keriath
Am I not healing to the best of my ability or is the lack of MW's based on it be a learning curve compared to the other healers?

Probably yes to both.
MW are vastly different from other healers and require extreme micromanaging of several very short CDs.
You should unglyph Mana Tea. Glyph is more harm than good since Mana Tea channel was buffed. Glyph of Detox is also not great. I'd suggest Glyph of SCK and Glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere (affects your mastery orbs). Additionally, you should never spec anything other than Chi Brew since its buff. Your T45 talent will depend on the fight you're doing, though Chi Burst is generally the best option in 25s/lfr.

Most mws I see in LFR are godawful and do not use RM as much as they should, and use Uplift even less. They spend seemingly 90% of their time channeling soothing and wasting their chi on enveloping mists, which shows they have no idea what the strengths of MW are. Please don't be one of those players.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't think not seeing a class in LFR indicates anything really. I've seen plenty of mistweaver monks :) (but I see more priests than anything else). LFR also isn't the best way to measure your healing ability, but you could always run logs for LFR or even run a flex and someone can look over them. Again, there's not much damage in LFR and even flex so it's not the best place to measure your healing ability but it's better than nothing if you don't have access to normals.

The MW class is still fairly new, but I do see some in LFR. Just not as often as others. I used to run LFR on my monk but then I remembered how much I hated LFR :P
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
On the occassion that I end up in LFR, I don't usually make note of what classes are in.

But purely annecdotally, there was one brief period in tier 15 when our guild had a monk healer. This was also around the brief time in which we had a ret paladin who would sometimes go holy for us.

Current healer pool is about 2/5ths druids, 2/5ths shaman, and 1/5th priest.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
MW in LFR only show up when you're on an alt. It's a ~fact. I never really see any others. Very few play Monk as it is, and I'm sure even less go for MW sadly. :(

Don't put yourself down based on your healing in LFR though. It's a horrible place to judge it. Just work on the actual rotation as you gear up and get into Flex runs.

A usual breakdown on your heals will have Uplift and ReM up top, with (for me anyways) GoTS usually third. If this is the case you're doing it right :) Uplift to victory!
Edited by Lumiair on 1/9/2014 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I have every class of healer.

This monk healer is my least played/least geared healer.

I just don't like them. *Shrug*

I also have only done Flex on this toon, never LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Uplift/ReM are always the top benefactors, sometimes Revival in some cases. Just wondering though why their aren't more MW mainly. Would at any point a guild/pug pick a MW over another healer class because they are more beneficial?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Most mws I see in LFR are godawful and do not use RM as much as they should, and use Uplift even less. They spend seemingly 90% of their time channeling soothing and wasting their chi on enveloping mists, which shows they have no idea what the strengths of MW are. Please don't be one of those players.

I keep finding monks that do nothing but oom themselves spamming SCK, and maybe throw out one or two ReM's if they're feeling fancy >.< I can count on one hand the amount of monks I've seen in lfr that actually appeared to be healing properly, or even had a general idea of what appropriate MW spell selection looks like.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The monk population is already lower than any other multi-spec class. Add to the fact that Windwalker and Brewmaster are considered to be quite enjoyable and it creates a situation where the poor MW monk just kind of falls to the way side.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The monk population is already lower than any other multi-spec class. Add to the fact that Windwalker and Brewmaster are considered to be quite enjoyable and it creates a situation where the poor MW monk just kind of falls to the way side.

In LFR you see all the FOTM re-rollers at this point in the x-pac. Right now it's all Shaman and Druids since they're so strong. If Monks were as strong as they were at launch you'd see tons of them on LFR.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
Hmm I just hit lfr this week but I've seen a few mistweavers...most either fistweaved the whole fight for 35k or spammed soothing. Since it can/has/does frustrate me at times I'll toss out the idea that perhaps rem/uplift managment is not as fun as classes where smart heals do most of the work or you have tighter control over who you heal. Hmm...that sounds like more of a complaint than I meant it as.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Whenever I jump into a LFR, I hardly ever see other MW monks. Is this the same for other raids? I try hard to top the heal charts and fail most times which makes it disconcerting because I have no other MW monks to compare to in LFR. Am I not healing to the best of my ability or is the lack of MW's based on it be a learning curve compared to the other healers? Would like to see some opinions.

Theres MW's just not a lot and I've seen some that heal pretty well. Lfr isn't a place to test healing since all the healers there over heal they all care about topping metters. I was in an LFR and nobody needed to be healed and all the healers were healing like mad just to top the meter. So yeah LFR isn't a good place to test how good your healing is with the meter obsessed people.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
For me the loss of SCK sucked just about the last interest I had doing MW in raids. Now it is just micro-micro-micro managing stuff. It is a very stressful healing mechanic. That's why I loved to just be able to dance (spin) for awhile.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
It's because we're in a worse situation than DKs when they came out.

When DKs were released, everyone played them... terribly. Now everyones more or less learned how DKs work due to their simple playstyle. With Monks however, the learning curve and skill requirements are much more demanding, so most people quit playing shortly after and went back to their FotM (which at the time were warlocks and BM Hunters).

Just my opinion, since I've seen very little Monks nowadays at 90 that have either good dps, good heals, or can tank effectively.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Hmm I just hit lfr this week but I've seen a few mistweavers...most either fistweaved the whole fight for 35k or spammed soothing. Since it can/has/does frustrate me at times I'll toss out the idea that perhaps rem/uplift managment is not as fun as classes where smart heals do most of the work or you have tighter control over who you heal. Hmm...that sounds like more of a complaint than I meant it as.

Last time I healed LFR on my MW I fistweaved every fight and topped the meters every fight with only 30-50% overhealing while also being top 5 or top 10 on the dps meters. The week before I mistweaved and averaged third on the meters with 70-90% overhealing.

Fistweaving is just more fun than having all my heals sniped.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
So I've been doing LFR's being a MW today and yesterday and today I only seen 1 MW besides me. Out of the older content like TOT(cant do SOO yet) I was maybe between 1st,2nd and 3rd place on heals on fights which is pretty good to me. I actually love healing on this monk better then any other healing class.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
MW monks, when well played, are fantastic assets during raid. Revival in particular is a great healing CD, especially on fights when you could use the mass dispel (I'm looking at you, Thok). I'd love to finish leveling my MW monk!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
When im healing in LFR, especially ToT LFRs....

There is no point in actually mistweave and go full heals..

I'll juz fistweave/lightningweave..

Especially if I see a druid and like 2 disc priests.. and im like.. yea... im juz gonna focus more on giving extra damage so i'll get the LFR over with.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
First lfr I ever did was me and 5 discs. To be fair my garrosh kill this week there were 4 mistweavers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]