Timeout Issues Affecting all Battle.net Sites

6 Troll Mage
As a follow-up: I now did get a few complete responses - however, those took extremely long to arrive (for example: 5 minutes for 5 megabytes). It seems that something somewhere decided earlier this evening to put a very heavy throttle on the link between my computer and eu.battle.net. Other connections, including Warcraft itself, seem to behave fine.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
01/31/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Peratryn
01/31/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Yocoliah
This was with my own homebrew application (Written in C#, so using the .NET infrastructure for networking). I just checked my computer at the office (using a different network and ISP), and there the exact same application seems to be still running without any trouble.

What I just observed here at home is that a transfer did complete, but only delivered the first 700k of the file, then got interrupted. I'll see if a computer and router reboot helps

I have never used C# so excuse any obvious questions, but is there some sort of system level limit on downloads, or timeout settings that can be played with? Could it just have a problem downloading the ~5-10 meg file?

None that I am aware of. I am actually working with a DBC converter program that pulls in SimulationCraft's DBC file from their repository and parse that in C#. This is something I'm doing for Rawr (http://rawr.codeplex.com/Thread/List.aspx) in preparation for WoD. That DBC file that I am pulling is 7.4 Megs large and though it takes a bit of time to parse (about 10-15 seconds) it is able to handle that large of a file.

Granted I'm working with a combination of the Stream class (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.stream.aspx) and the StreamReader class (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.streamreader.aspx) to pull the data before parsing.

using (WebClient client = new WebClient()) {
Stream stream = null;
StreamReader sr = null;
stream = client.OpenRead(url);
sr = new StreamReader(stream);
try {
while (sr.EndOfStream != true) { .... }
}
}
Edited by Delritha on 1/31/2014 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Timed out as well. I have tried for about 30min now to log on, to no avail. US-Zul'Jin
Reply Quote
Yet another TSM user reporting in. This happens every few hours to me. Given that the app only queries the server every few hours, this probably means I'm never getting complete data.

Kind of sucks, blizz. It's been working for, what, nearly 2 years now? I think? Why'd you break it? Don't break it. It's so good.
Reply Quote
- Battle.net APIs
1 Undead Rogue
01/31/2014 09:42 AMPosted by Peratryn
TSM is looking into this from their end now since they also do not see any timeouts from their servers (They did during the DDOSing events two weeks ago but haven't seen anything since). It looks like they will be able to solve this with an app update. He'll let me know if they see any more issues from the API.

^This

I just made a new post on the TSM forums with an update from our standpoint that TSM users should now direct their comments to rather than this thread.

http://stormspire.net/official-tradeskillmaster-development-forum/13488-tsm-application-status-regarding-timeouts.html#post129790

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I have been experiencing these timeout issues with the TSM app for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes it will be fine for a day, sometimes it won't last for 5 minutes. Seems pretty hit or miss.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/31/2014 09:30 AMPosted by Peratryn
I've downloaded this app and get the same timeouts that you guys do despite being able to hit the auction api urls's directly with no issues. My server team can't find any evidence that requests are being blocked at a level above us (our ISPs) but at the same time our logs are showing nothing about timeouts or errors.

When auction data is down or delayed we often get a huge amount of emails from other sites (Undermine journal, etc) and I haven't received any emails from any of them. I'm working with the TSM authors to try and figure this out... but please be aware we do care about this issue, but are no having no luck duplicating any api timeouts except via this app.

Here's the thread where TUJ confirms he is having issues as recent as yesterday.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10497939816#16
Reply Quote
- Battle.net APIs
1 Undead Rogue
02/01/2014 09:48 AMPosted by Hortheforde
01/31/2014 09:30 AMPosted by Peratryn
I've downloaded this app and get the same timeouts that you guys do despite being able to hit the auction api urls's directly with no issues. My server team can't find any evidence that requests are being blocked at a level above us (our ISPs) but at the same time our logs are showing nothing about timeouts or errors.

When auction data is down or delayed we often get a huge amount of emails from other sites (Undermine journal, etc) and I haven't received any emails from any of them. I'm working with the TSM authors to try and figure this out... but please be aware we do care about this issue, but are no having no luck duplicating any api timeouts except via this app.

Here's the thread where TUJ confirms he is having issues as recent as yesterday.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10497939816#16

TUJ's post is not about timeout issues. The problems there have been going on a lot longer than the timeout issues which this thread are about have and are unrelated.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Same here
Reply Quote
95 Goblin Death Knight
yeah, I am still experiencing timeouts. does anyone know if TSM has fixed there side, and maybe i just need to update/re-install something?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I appreciate the continued effort to resolve this on many different fronts. You could have easily said "Its not on our end, take it up with TSM.. shoo fly". lol Its refreshing to see that Blizz is actively working to take care of their users needs/wants even when you don't have to .

Keep up the good work! :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
And yet another one.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
TSM timeouts getting me too.

Southern Missuiri using DSL from Centurylink.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Timed out as well. I have tried for about 30min now to log on, to no avail. US-Nagrand
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Timed out. Glad to know its getting looked into though!!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Timing out for me also.

Frostmourne-US and I'm in Australia.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Same issue with TSM. Timed out as well.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
timed out
Reply Quote
timed out
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Hunter
Not sure if it helps to post now, but I'm still getting these timeouts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]