Holy HPS, What am I doing wrong?

100 Human Priest
Hello, my guild is getting into raiding, and I really wanna be a core healer. However they want me to have lots of overall healing and hps. I find I only average around 30k hps. My ilvl is 531, and the other healers I raid with are MW monk and Resto druid. Talents are, Void Tendrils, Body and Soul, Mindbender, Angelic Bulwark (I prefer the lifesaver over the self heal), Divine Insight, and Cascade. My glyphs are Glyph of Spirit of Redemption, Glyph of Prayer of Mending, and Glyph of Inner Sanctum.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Do you have any logs that we can look at?

Also, I tend to change the last tier talent depending on the fight. You really want to pick the best talent for the job, in that regard. Switching between Divine Star, Halo and Cascade can make a huge difference.

I also prefer From Darkness Comes Light, even without the t16 2pc. It has a great synergy with the 2pc as well, and generally ends up saving mana in the end since you're healing more effectively.

Do the other healers have their Legendary Meta Gem, or Cloak? (This again, will make a huge difference)

How much more geared are they than you?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Are you raiding 10M or 25M?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Obviously 10. You don't generally 3 heal 25m.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I actually have MORE gear then the other healers. They DO NO have the legendary cloak/meta gems.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
MW monk is like 515 and the Druid is 513
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
What's your approach? How do you go about healing the raid?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Well, I mainly use Chakra: Sanctuary for fights like immer, fallen protect, noru, and sha (fights guild are starting first)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I took advice to swap MB for FDCL. Havent tested in raids yet
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
plz respond!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No need to bump a thread when your last reply was not that long ago.

There's no way anyone can help you with your HPS unless you post logs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I dont know how to post logs
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can record your own logs, if someone in the guild is not. Head to http://www.worldoflogs.com/ and make an account, you can create a fake guild just to have logs. I also like to pair it with the addon http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/loggerhead find it easier to be able to tell if I am logging or not. It can be a little confusing to set up though for the first time.

If you're not comfortable setting it up, see if someone else in the guild already has it but just hasn't been running logs themselves.

If you are also 3 healing in 10man, it sounds like you may be overhealing the content :( There's only so much someone can tell you (gemming, glyphs, talents, etc) without seeing your actual spell usage in a fight.

Otherwise you can list your "healing rotation", but that will only be so helpful.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
ok making account atm
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Well your guild does not appear to run any logs right now. but they should. now is your chance to step up and do something helpful for the raid. :)

Step 1: Sign up here http://www.worldoflogs.com/ or here http://www.warcraftlogs.com/
Step 2: Follow instructions
Step 3: In game, type /combatlog before your raid begins (suggested addon: LoggerHead)
Step 4: Upload according to instructions from website of choice
Step 5: post link here

edit: VERO BEATS ME COS I WAS EATING KETTLE CHIPS GOD.
Edited by Bunny on 1/13/2014 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
so just post a log, even from a pug, and you can help fix it?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I strongly suspect poorly optimized play, as in;
Do you click spells to cast? Click targets to heal?
Do you use any addons to assist you in healing? If so what addons?

Also, keep in mind; You're 3healing with 3 healers who essentially perform the same task; Strong blanket raid heals.
Sooooo Someone's going to look very bad on the meters.

Really, I hate saying it, I hate myself for saying it, I hate the spec and everything about it; But you should strongly consider going disc. Disc + either of your other healers would be the top comp for 10man, if not top 2-3.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
It would be best if you could get a sample of your guild raiding, as it is going to be your environment that you need to have synergy with. But, any logs you can obtain will help.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
so just post a log, even from a pug, and you can help fix it?

You upload them to your guild (either fake or real guild, whatever you can literally name it Stellasky), even if you're in a pug and post the link so people can look at it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Btw for the ppl who are saying disc, I was originally disc, guild wanted more hps so they had me go holy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]