Holy HPS, What am I doing wrong?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
your guild is wrong go back disc
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Disc is a better option with a healing group like that, and much better if it's what you know, but here's some pointers:

The gear you're using from your disc set isn't helping you much in holy. And 10m-holy is different than a 25 setup. In 10s, you mostly want to hit a high haste breakpoint, just above 13k if possible, high spirit, and the rest into crit. After that, you'll be doing most of your healing in serenity chakra, keeping renews rolling and refreshing them with serenity/binding/flash/greater heal and cascade (or whatever 90 talent is superior for the fight, though cascade is the only one that refreshes renew.)

The point of the haste is to add ticks to your renew. Glyphing renew when you're at the breakpoints is also a plus, along with binding heal.

It's possible to heal just fine playing an AOE build, but you're going to have trouble finding your niche in a group with the healers you have if you do that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
now i have a question, i left that guild after the advice i heard from you, now, what do i do for holy in 25m? Is there any key diffs?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
http://www.icy-veins.com/holy-priest-wow-pve-healing-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

Try reading this, it's been reviewed and approved by Jhazrun who is arguably the best holy priest in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Get away from spirit, only stack what you need to avoid oom, use mindbender on cd and hymn when its convienent,

next stack mastery, everything mastery, get your socket bonuses but forge out of crit completely. Mastery has been adjusted and now functions as a massive rolling hot similar to vengeance for tanks.

3 balance haste caps, 4721.5 is the number to aim for, extra tics on the important stuff.

4th and final, default to halo, cascade and divine star have their uses, but any fight where you can maneuver halo, is by far the most powerful and time effective as you can predict when and where the wave will hit for maximum effect, IE just before calamity on the protectors fight, if you can balance your range and timing the halo can hit almost instantly, bringing everyone to full health in a single shot. Divine star is better for thok and cascade is better on iron juggernaut but that's about it for this raid, halo is king.

Feel free to look my up on turalyon if you want to chat about anything.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
01/18/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Stellasky
now i have a question, i left that guild after the advice i heard from you, now, what do i do for holy in 25m? Is there any key diffs?

There's really no point in having haste in 25m. Your renew use is going to be nearly nonexistent, and a tick to sanctuary isn't worth the points you could be putting into mastery.

Once you have the 2piece set bonus, take FDCL as a talent. You might have to adjust your spirit to compensate for not having mindbender, but you still have shadowfiend. Other than that, mastery all day.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
@Discorda
Only problem, your horde, i cant /w you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]