MW advice, Logs included

90 Pandaren Monk
Hi! How is everyone! :) My main is a Holy Priest. This is my MW alt that I decided to take for a spin in a guild flex. I would like to take any suggestions, opinions, and advice on how I can better myself with healing! Thanks very much to whoever takes the time to read this. I'd really like to master this class because I find it just as fun as priest healing.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-msekp0jjn05htyc5/sum/healingDone/
Edited by Orianuzza on 1/10/2014 9:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Your haste is completely wrong. reforge in tiger stance to 3145 or 6141. get as close to it without going under as possible.

change glove enchant to haste

stop gemming spirit/crit. your spirit is plenty even without meta. int/crit or pure crit for yellow.

learn to use chi burst. chi wave isn't always the best for most fights.
personally i use chi burst for:
protectors, noru, sha, gala, ij, malk, thok, paragon, garrosh

use rm and uplift more. your %s for those 2 are a tad low. i'm assuming you're not hitting rm strictly on cd
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Actually with that iLvl, you should go for 9158 haste in tiger stance.

And remove all those purified gems, you don't need spirit, at all.

Blue = Crit/Spirit
Red = Int/Crit
Yellow = Crit

Use haste gems if you need them for 9148.

You'll thank me later.

Can't really say I saw anything bad with a quick check of the IJ log, you use all the tools, but the haste breakpoint will increase your healing a lot. Spirit is not useful, crit will get you more mana back via mana tea stacks.
Edited by Karuzo on 1/12/2014 12:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I reforged and changed an enchant and made it to 9158 haste in Tiger stance and man what a substantial difference! Just casting soothing mist alone, I was able to generate chi much faster! Thanks a whole lot for this! :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't think it's worth going for 9158 in exchange for crit.

t15 2pc was the only reason going to higher haste bps was worth the crit loss. You will see a higher increase in both your damage and healing if you focus crit.

You should reforge down to 6141, and change a few enchants/gems out.
Edited by Suplift on 1/12/2014 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Somebody posted a number, I think it's 1600, which is the amount of crit rating up to which it's worth to go to the next haste breakpoint.

But Suplift is right about the T15 2pc.

To be fair I never went back to a lower breakpoint after replacing the 2pc, feel free to post your results.
Edited by Karuzo on 1/12/2014 10:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Somebody posted a number, I think it's 1600, which is the amount of crit rating up to which it's worth to go to the next haste breakpoint.

But Suplift is right about the T15 2pc.

To be fair I never went back to a lower breakpoint after replacing the 2pc, feel free to post your results.

I will but will have to wait until this friday for the flex again. I am currently not running any normals because this is an alt. Basically doing flexes farming tier 16. People seem to have different opinions in regards to haste breakpoints, but to be completely honest, I hopped in a Flex wing 1 tonight (It was pugged) and I noticed a significant increase in my healing throughput and never ran out of mana granted I was racking up the mana tea stacks and using it. I'm not seeing any difficulties in my playstyle, if anything, it's better now than before. MUCH better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
...Just casting soothing mist alone, I was able to generate chi much faster!...

stop doing that. if you need lots of chi you can hit soothing mist repeatedly on 1s gcd to get more ticks in and it'll give you chi faster than channeling. use your judgement when you can afford the lockout though depending how much chi you need at any split second and what other abilities are coming off CD that will give you it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
I too am having some issues. I keep ReM on CD along with EH and Chi Wave/Burst (whichever Im using). I just recently went from 16k spirit to 9.5k roughly in order to get more haste and crit, but I'm still seeing relatively lower numbers.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sj2txgqc4rjwc0jf/sum/healingDone/

I set custom weights on askmrrobot to make sure I get the best stats while keeping a 9-10k spirit cap and 6141 Haste cap.

Some fights I only do 40-50k hps, other fights I've logged doing 115k. Not sure whether its just certain fights monks excel on or whether I'm doing alright for my ilvl. lol

Edit: I wasn't there for Immersius, so I'm assuming thats why my activity is around 75%.
Edited by Jêllytime on 1/15/2014 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]