Help with Gear... Haste or not to Haste

100 Tauren Druid
Ok help me out here

I am doing 10m's and I NEVER have haste buff so that is why my haste is at 5k Instead of 3k.

should I shoot for the 13/15k until we get a steady haste buffer in raid?

Lets say I get the haste buff in 10m is it really worth it to buff haste up to 13k when you can still blanket the raid with hots?

Any other helpful feedback is great, I even accept some mild unhelpful feedback too ;)

Oh and whats with mushrooms healing npc's for a few million a pop on Galakras?? LoL
Edited by Zan on 1/15/2014 6:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Oh and whats with mushrooms healing npc's for a few million a pop on Galakras?? LoL

Because if they die it resets? Healing them is part of the mechanic. (And mushroom always heals for a few million, mine heals for 1.8 mil a pop)

Lets say I get the haste buff in 10m is it really worth it to buff haste up to 13k when you can still blanket the raid with hots?

Definitely worth it.

Now to my quesiton: How do you not have haste buff?? Do you not have a hunter/spriest/boomy/elemental? I'm really surprised your raid lead would put a group together without at least one of the 4 OP classes this tier. Hunters are really good on a lot of fights (thok, siege), and the other 3 have so much utility I'm surprised any group doesn't have all 3.

You really should get haste buff, that's the most pressing issue.

As for your gear, you are gemming a lot of intellect. Gem instead for mastery

Mastery > Intellect for gemming. (Stat weight of intellect being 1 and mastery being 0.55)
Edited by Druidboii on 1/15/2014 8:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Surprisingly I've seen it happen. Sometimes the fates align badly and you just don't get a source (literally had an lfr the other day with 0 possible sources of haste) but it's rare and a guild should never avoid having it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Fun thing on Galakras, keep the npcs healed up with a rejuv or something and watch your healing go up. They're always injured so it's pretty much 0% overhealing, and you can do it smoothly with mouse over rejuvenations. Helps put the disc priests in their place as well.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Because if they die it resets? Healing them is part of the mechanic. (And mushroom always heals for a few million, mine heals for 1.8 mil a pop)

erm... I'm not sure the mechanic is healing the NPC's so much as it is preventing them from dying. They have rather too much health to worry about healing them outside of incidental AoE's. Especially when you take into consideration that the attack you have you actually worry about is a percentage based attack.

Fun thing on Galakras, keep the npcs healed up with a rejuv or something and watch your healing go up. They're always injured so it's pretty much 0% overhealing, and you can do it smoothly with mouse over rejuvenations. Helps put the disc priests in their place as well.

So, you're saying Disc should feel bad because you're padding meters? Good to know =)

To the original question, if you can hit the break point without completely gutting your regen and ALL of your mastery, yes... it is absolutely worth it. My cohealer is a resto druid. He just recently experimented with the 13k HBP and SotF. Now every SotF buffed WG is almost a mini-tranq. The amount of healing he can put out with that is amazing.

I know most resto druids are able to hit the 13k around 545-550ilvls so you are right in a place to start looking at that. If you have a hunter, they can bring a spell haste pet too, which may open up your options a bit. (I want to say the spell haste pet is a spore bat, but not sure)

Happy Healing,
Zen
Edited by Zoevil on 1/16/2014 6:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/15/2014 08:06 PMPosted by Druidboii
? Healing them is part of the mechanic

If by "part of the mechanic" you mean "an easy way to juice your numbers".

If you're ever prioritizing healing the NPCs over your raid members, you're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
There have been times where I went out of my way to heal Varian because he takes a lot of incidental damage and an unlucky unstopped fracture wiping you at the end of the trash lol i mean 'phase 1' is really irritating. >.>
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Maybe I'm just damned lucky with my tanks then <3 The NPC's typically don't take more than one tick of the fracture. I adore my tanks though. They are pretty amazing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
should it be int/mastery gems....vs full mastery.

tho I suspect wont be much of an issue with most slots being hasted up
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
No haste buff because we are heavy melee.

one hunter, not sure why he does not use a haste pet.
new to guild runs so I don't want to fuss too much

Shaman is the healer

druid is the healer.

no priest...have to use other stam buff even...hehe

is it a huge dps loss by him using a haste pet? or is it a dps gain for the raid?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/15/2014 08:06 PMPosted by Druidboii
As for your gear, you are gemming a lot of intellect. Gem instead for mastery

Mastery > Intellect for gemming. (Stat weight of intellect being 1 and mastery being 0.55)

Yeah I was going to say this. Gem int/mastery in red slots until you move to the 13k breakpoint. At your gear level, mastery is more of a throughput gain.

Maybe I'm just damned lucky with my tanks then <3 The NPC's typically don't take more than one tick of the fracture. I adore my tanks though. They are pretty amazing.

If fractures are getting handled quickly, you should be thankful for your dps just as much as your tanks. And yeah, healing npcs is something I never do. Pretty sure they regen on their own over time as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
is it a huge dps loss by him using a haste pet? or is it a dps gain for the raid?

Pet damage is normalized. The only thing that would affect the hunter's dps would be if your raid were missing a crit buff, so he was using a wolf to provide crit. Then, by switching to a sporebat, he would lose some dps.

Talk to your raid leader about the buff the hunter is providing and see if you can't get haste. You're not overstepping your bounds by asking for something you need to play your class optimally, especially as a healer.
Edited by Cinnabuns on 1/16/2014 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Zan
one hunter, not sure why he does not use a haste pet.
new to guild runs so I don't want to fuss too much

The hunter would make my cry. Are you sure he is aware of it? We had a new hunter in our flex run and he had no idea that he could go get a spore bat. It's probably worth tactfully asking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/16/2014 10:58 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo
? Healing them is part of the mechanic

If by "part of the mechanic" you mean "an easy way to juice your numbers".

If you're ever prioritizing healing the NPCs over your raid members, you're doing it wrong.

I never heal them, normal or heroic. It's not needed :P

As mentioned I'd talk to the hunter to see if he knows he has that buff. There are other classes besides you that would love it :D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
thank you all went very well tonight. went full haste and man its nice burst.

got two more bosses down..progress

also bigger progress...they spend a good 30m getting hunters to get right pets and now we have all buffs.

win win and win.

hard fights being with shaman healers feel bad cause its so much moving on Iron and Shaman, but you gotta love two mana batteries feeding you all night long
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Nice!!!! Sometimes all it takes is bringing a subject up to get an equitable resolution. Haste is one of those things people dont often think about unless they run a hot/dot class of their own. Definitely glad things turned out for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]