Forcing us to do quests a second time...why?

85 Night Elf Warrior
So I will give Blizzard credit, the quest flow, and the new quests are great. I really enjoyed going through all of the quests for Darkshore.

My only problem is, why did the quests get reset? I had Loremaster a looong time ago, and now I'm being forced to do the majority of the quests again because you put new achievements in that require me to do them again. I really don't follow the logic there. I have no problem having to do new quests for the achievements, but to have to redo all of the ones I know I already did for loremaster is just ridiculous.

I know there are several people in my guild that feel the same, so would someone be able to give me a really good reason why this was done? All I really want is to be given credit for the quests I have already done.
Reply Quote
First, this would probably get more suitable responses in the Customer Service forum.

Second, Blizz has said that the Loremaster title will be retained after 4.0.3a, even if you currently don't meet the requirements. However, if you didn't have the title yet before the Shattering, then yes, you'll have more work to do. Repeating quests sounds more like a bug to me, as though something wasn't reset correctly.

If you had the title and lost it, or you've been repeating more than a couple quests, you'll probably get an answer from the CS forum or by contacting a GM.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I think you misunderstood my post. What I am asking is why they chose to not give credit towards the "NEW" achievements for quests for the ones people already had done. This same thing has happened to everyone, so it really isn't a customer service thing. It's not a glitch, or an individual problem. It is a decision made that penalizes those of us who did all of those quests before, and now have to do them again for the "NEW" achievements. I am fine with having to go through and do new quests for the new achievements, but I find it ridiculous that I should have to redo quests already done.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I am actually more pissed about the flat out deletion of quests from my "quests completed" log.

I am at peace with the LM changes, but to go from 2800ish quests completed to 1500?!?!?!!?

What is that? I finished those quests and I should get credit for it. A quest complete is a quest complete, regardless if the quest gets deleted from the game.

I really think blizz needs to fix this.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I am at peace with the LM changes, but to go from 2800ish quests completed to 1500?!?!?!!?
Sorry, but that's your fault for not getting the Seeker. You had two years to get it, and TBH it's a complete joke of an achievement, as there were ~3600 quests before the Shattering.

Also, the quests that you lose are mostly either slightly altered or completely different. Most of the zones are totally new experiences now, that's why they aren't giving you individual zone achievements.

If you don't want to re-do the vanilla quests, which in most cases are unrecognizably different from pre-4.0.3, then don't do them.

^^^ a bunch of apologist crap.

1) He said quests completed, and nothing about The Seeker. He could've been at 3000+, had the title already, and still could've made the same argument against the drop.

2) The number drop for The Seeker seems to just be a display bug, and will keep tracking the correct number as soon as you complete a new quest. It'll bug again if you zone/log, but it'll keep correcting itself as you do quests. But it's nice to know you're here to quickly stomp on people's legitimate concerns. "Hey, I got mine," amirite?

3) The old quests are not unrecognizable. In fact many people recognize them quite readily, which is why there are so many posts here, stating (I'm paraphrasing), "WTF?"
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I think you misunderstood my post. What I am asking is why they chose to not give credit towards the "NEW" achievements for quests for the ones people already had done. This same thing has happened to everyone, so it really isn't a customer service thing. It's not a glitch, or an individual problem. It is a decision made that penalizes those of us who did all of those quests before, and now have to do them again for the "NEW" achievements. I am fine with having to go through and do new quests for the new achievements, but I find it ridiculous that I should have to redo quests already done.

Probably because you haven't actually done any of the new quests?

What's the point of giving you credit for quests you haven't completed? They're not penalizing you for anything, you're keeping your title. Moreover they're not forcing you to do any of the new quests either... as you're keeping your title.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I've just completed the ashenvale zone achievement, and I can say that MOST of the quests are exactly the same as they were before, but I had to do them all over again to get credit which is ridiculous.

I have no problem with completely new quests needing to be done, but to have to do old ones over again just seems stupid to me.

"What's the point of giving you credit for quests you haven't completed?"

I'm talking about quests which have not changed, and that I have done before. Please read properly before commenting like that. Nowhere did I say I wanted credit for "NEW" quests.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
He said 2800, so that implies that he's upset about his Seeker count.

That's exactly why I called you out on being an apologist. It's a bug, but you're so quick to defend it as policy until told otherwise.

That's fine. Keep questing and it'll randomly pop up as 3000/3000 completed. It's not like quests are difficult to find anymore, since in most cases Cataclysm-style zones are unbelievably linear.

And then when it's stated as a bug, you just blow it off as being a trivial achievement anyway. Let me tell you, that's totally surprising coming from a guy with 11K+ points. /sarcasm
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest

I have no problem with completely new quests needing to be done, but to have to do old ones over again just seems stupid to me.

When I started Ashenvale, it said I had 18 out of the 80 quests done, obviously indicating some of the quests I did before counted now. I too had to repeat some of the quests that I'm fairly sure I did before(20+ alts, most horde, it gets a bit confusing memory), but I noticed their position in the quest chains. They were often quests that were meant to be done along side new ones or in between sets of new ones. Deep Despares drove me absolutely crazy trying to get it done, but it had to be redone because it came inbetween the go to outpost and go to hellscream. These are the quests you have to redo, and they've said that someplace before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]