I make one mistake - and we're...

85 Draenei Shaman
Dead.. I'm a little frustrated doing a Level 48 instance - and If I make one little mistake - we wipe.

This is my 4th healer - I know all about L2P :)

Yes, probably you say I'm QQ'ing - more pew pew - I just feel for the other healas attempting Stratholme and others in my level.. And sending Tanks who eat crushing blows as well is fun - but that is for another thread.

If I missed the memo to only grind/level killing boars/owlbeasts instead - I apologize - I missed it.

TLDR:Make the 1-58 instances slightly more tolerant to failing - People in this lvl are trying to learn their toon - Do not make it especially difficult for them to do so.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
If I remember right stratholme is a very red instance for a 48. It should be hard, thats why the rewards are so much better then a more appropriate instance.

then again
I also remember when Strat was end game and you didn't go up agenst The Barron with out a 10 man raid of all 60s...
good times good times
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Stratholme was changed in the patch. Its now a mid to late 40s instance.
Reply Quote
40-50 is the worst level bracket, they should indeed put some more forgiveness in. That's when things actually get more difficult but only the healer notices and adjusts. The rest are always "LOL im pull these guys too k?" or not in the right spec for their role, or not using key abilities they have and should use. And people always want to do the half of the dungeon they're still 5 levels too low to succeed in (BRD). I was sooooo happy when I hit 58 and quested to 71.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
40-50 is the worst level bracket, they should indeed put some more forgiveness in. That's when things actually get more difficult but only the healer notices and adjusts. The rest are always "LOL im pull these guys too k?" or not in the right spec for their role, or not using key abilities they have and should use. And people always want to do the half of the dungeon they're still 5 levels too low to succeed in (BRD). I was sooooo happy when I hit 58 and quested to 71.

Oh god yes...BRD lasted WAY too long :( I gernerally bailed after the LFD tool require boss was killed if they were all like level 48-50 and wanted to use the key and do the harder section. The times I stayed were very painful.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I want to update - It must be the new Stratholme - everything else is okay and having fun - It might've been the crushing blow tanks on Timmy/etc that got invited in. Just a slight tweak on Stratholme will work :)

Thanks ...

Edited by Slawwshed on 11/29/2010 8:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
TLDR:Make the 1-58 instances slightly more tolerant to failing - People in this lvl are trying to learn their toon - Do not make it especially difficult for them to do so.

No,the game should be hard and not a cakewalk.

You probably don't know how to play,only problems ive ever had with those instances are ones where the "healer" is speced shadow/ele/ret ect..

Imho you should get better and not come on the forums asking for nerfs to dungeons just because they seem hard for you.

Except that those instances are where you're supposed to learn to play, with a curve great enough that any player should succeed if they're trying. But of course, you must be trolling, as the OP already said that.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
The dungeons aren't hard. They never have been, and if you're having trouble, figure out what YOU are doing wrong, because it's not the developer's fault.
Reply Quote
The only instance I've had any trouble with was Dire Maul - Gordok Grounds, and that was extremely, extremely challenging. I was ooming on trash and getting very, very frustrated. Wipes only happened when people were playing poorly; pulling extras, tank letting adds get behind them, etc...

But oom after every pull (or every other pull if I was lucky) was pretty infuriating, not gonna lie. I wasn't even doing anything crazy, Rejuv on the tank, Healing touch and Swiftmend as needed. The tank was just taking ridiculous damage - and it was multiple tanks.
Reply Quote
were you CCing any of them?

It depended on the party, but I know that for at least 2 runs we were trying. Tanks were generally nonchalant about it - consecrating/cleaving/thunderclapping/etc...
Reply Quote
Addendum: Even if we weren't CCing, the other instances couldn't have been easier. DM - Gordok is the only dungeon where I felt the need to play group teacher, the rest have been faceroll.

Difficulty should be ironed out, I think.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
40-60 felt much easier than 15-40 due to finally filling out my healing toolbox.

I loved how the retuned instances feel. I'm sad to move back into the BC content.

You say that they should make the instances easier so you can learn, but I'd argue that no one learns anything in easy instances. If you want players to learn aggro management, make mobs one shot dps when they take aggro. If you want players to learn CC, punish players for engaging to many mobs at once. If you want people to learn to move out of fire, make the fire nearly insta-gib.

Challenge leads to improvement.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I for one am really enjoying these harder pre 60 dungeons. They were so faceroll...so boring. A wipe ot two, sometimes more...or alot more was common place pre BC.
Reply Quote
53 Gnome Priest
This is the 4th healer I've brought through this level range, and I have two at 80. Healing the 40-50 dungeons has been remarkable. I've healed through as much of strat as groups will stay for in my mid-40s and DM, especially the Gordok area, has also been fun. It is the most I've ever been challenged in a leveling dungeon.

The initial shock was a little jarring to see the kind of damage people took but quick adaptation allowed me to get in the right mindset. Conserve your mana, ride the edge between when you HAVE to have a bigger heal and when you can trade time for efficiency. I've had maybe only 1 or 2 wipes in this bracket despite some very interesting groups.

In summary while I, as a relatively experienced healer have found them challenging and fun dungeons, they are still certainly doable. A newer healer may have to put all of his recently acquired skills to the test and likely will wipe more often than those of us with more experience. However, this is good! It is training the next generation of healers to be better, more strategic healers rather than just overhealing wrath spammers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]