Which Healer Class Packs the Most Punch?

80 Troll Hunter
Basically all in the title.

Which healer class can dish out the most damage while maintaining a healing spec?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
currently holy paladins have probably the strongest burst dps of any healing spec, if that answers your question. Be warned that paladins are probably still overtuned and will come down in the next couple months however.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Hunter
Yes, thank you that was spot on.

I've read that paladins were getting nerfed a bunch though, but who knows what to believe on forums these days =P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Exorcism will have a cooldown added, there's very little doubt in my mind.

I feel like disc priests can put out a hell of a beating. Dots, and holy fire which increases the damage of smite. As well as mana burn and reflective shield for pesky melee. Not a bad combination. I generally stick to PVE but I'm happy with disc's damage output.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Currently, it's Holy Paladins.

By design, it probably should be a tie-ish between the Shaman and the Discipline Priest. However, Inquisition (a level 81 ability with no cooldown that increases damage at the cost of Holy Power) makes Holy Paladin damage look even more promising.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh look, a bunch of priests trying to make Paladins look op, Exorcism will cost LOADS at 85 for Holy Paladins to cast so try a different class.
Edited by Sâmusâran on 11/25/2010 2:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Oh look, a bunch of priests trying to make Paladins look op, Exorcism will cost LOADS at 85 for Holy Paladins to cast so try a different class.

It will cost the same as Holy Light, the efficient heal.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I don't feel like shammies have the mobility to be considered competitive.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

It will cost the same as Holy Light, the efficient heal.

Exorcism costs about 7300 mana at level 85.
Holy Light: 1405 mana at level 85
It is not spammable. Sure you priests like lying alot.
If you say but he'll take the exorcism talents, READ HIS POST. Maintain a healing spec, You wouldn't get Blazing light or the other one in a healing spec.
Edited by Sâmusâran on 11/25/2010 4:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If you can spare 4 talent points, paladin by a mile.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I don't feel like shammies have the mobility to be considered competitive.

What? At 85 we'll have instant ghost wolf, 15% increased movement speed while in non-puppy form (freeing our feet up for rocket boots rather than a run speed enchant), frost shock/earthbind for kiting. We can be dwarves now, so we can stoneform out of non-magic snares if for some reason we don't want to just freedom wolf.

We're the only healer stuck with a 2.5 second cast time on our primary damage spell though, and that sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Exorcism costs about 7300 mana at level 85.
Holy Light: 1405 mana at level 85
It is not spammable. Sure you priests like lying alot.
If you say but he'll take the exorcism talents, READ HIS POST. Maintain a healing spec, You wouldn't get Blazing light or the other one in a healing spec.

Exorcism costs 30% of base mana at all levels.
Holy Light costs 9%.

After Denounce, Exorcism costs 30*0.3= 9% of base mana. Except I missed the change that increased the mana discount from 70% to 75%. So Exorcism will cost 7.5% of base mana, which means Holy Light will cost 20% more than Exorcism.

He will take the Exorcism talents, because that's what the thread is about, and with the talent trees the way they are, it's pretty hard to not come up with some form of a healing spec as long as you've picked a healing tree.

P.S.: Deep breaths. It's Thanksgiving. Have some mashed taters and mac 'n' cheese. <3
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
If you pick up Denounce then its a Holy Paladin. Not that it means much because if you get interrupted then lol.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
He will take the Exorcism talents, because that's what the thread is about, and with the talent trees the way they are, it's pretty hard to not come up with some form of a healing spec as long as you've picked a healing tree.

Denounce doesn't boost your damage, just reduces it's cost. To really do damage you also need Blazing Light. Also to use inquisition you need 3 holy power, which with holy shock alone would take 18 seconds to acquire, so I also pick up 1 point of Blessed Life in my talent spec. You also need Enlightened Judgements not to miss and some glyphs to boost your damage to really make it work.

So you definitely pay for that damage. Personally I think the devs made it that way because priests, druids, and shaman each have a dps offspec that works with their healing gear and holy pallies don't.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]