The Best and Worst of Myself, add yourself!

23 Blood Elf Priest

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: Squeeling on vent after our HDW kill on 25 man and having the raid leader to STFU U Anoying W#@$^%

Dear sweet baby jesus I remember that. SOOOOOO FUNNY
Reply Quote
46 Troll Shaman
Main Character: Axelrod

State of residence: California

Raiding Spec: Balance / Restoration

My most horrible Wow Experience: Raiding with Roswine, the worst officer ever in <Pain>.

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: Huchilar's [Spelling?] expert storytelling depicting Ronald's house on fire and the famous frozen chimichanga.

Another one was when I was in <P A I N> I believe and we were raiding Blackwing Lair. We were at Razorgore and Fluffy [Undead Rogue] was running from the portal hallway to the gate where Vael was. The officers were telling him to stop but he just said that he wasn't starting the encounter so there was nothing to worry about. Then one of the priests was like "I can do that do" and runs out and starts the encounter. It was so classic.

My largest raiding flaw: I despise when people die to little things, and especially hate it when I'm the one who is at fault.

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would.....: I explored a great deal of Eastern Kingdoms in my days before Duskwood while level 22 or so. Scary yet exciting at the same time.

My favorite zone: Nagrand. I like zones where the sun shines and its bright, nice landscape. But I'm kind of leaning towards Twilight Highlands because the quests there are amazing.

My most disliked encounter: Reliquary of Souls [Black Temple]. That encounter was the msot frustrating thing in the world, but beating it felt so good.

Addons I use: Too many to count. I probably forgot most of them but Xperl is my favorite.

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: I'm always prepared!

My most accomplished achievement: Being apart of <Pain>, <P A I N>, <Convergence, and <Less Than Three>, and defeating the end bosses like Ragnaros, Nefarian, Kel'Thuzad, Vashj, and Kael'Thas. I'm pretty greatful that I've only been in essentially 3 guilds in my entire Duskwood career and the only times I've had to leave them was due to the guild breaking up which was definitely not good times then.

I've also loved the reputation that I've built. I've enjoyed it a great deal and its a lot of fun to be recognized by those very few who still remember me. Good stuff.

The thing in game I regret the most: Definitely not finding the time and money to stay around. I've never experienced Illidan, Ice Crown, or Ulduar and I wish I could do those someday. But who knows, maybe I'll be back in the near future.

Why does it not surprise me that you're back playing WoW just like I?

I WANT YOUR REAL ID.
Reply Quote
Why does it not surprise me that you're back playing WoW just like I?

I WANT YOUR REAL ID.

Heh. I am not actually playing yet. I might over winter break depending on how things go, but that doesn't start until December 17th at the earliest =\.
Edited by Axelrod on 11/30/2010 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Okay I'll bite

Main Character:Boondox

State of residence: Florida

Raiding Spec: Arcane

My most horrible Wow Experience: Wondering into burning steeps from redridge and getting lost and killed over and over till all my gear was red

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: Back in BC before an attempt Mag I was talking to some people on vent about something... when all of a sudden I hear "September"? just random so we continue and again "why September" and we recognize who it is (can't remember who now) now this guy always talked tough and acted like a bad-ass. Apparently he had his vent set to auto que his mic and didn't realize it and was talking on the phone. So of course we listened in. Here are some quotes "I can't wait that long baby" "don't be angry with me" "come on smile for me" and the classic "don't be mad at your daddy baby"

My largest raiding flaw: Over thinking everything

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would.....: Put int and spirit gear on my warrior

My favorite zone: Zanga Marsh

My most disliked encounter: Anyone I tanked and had a crotch in my face

Addons I use: X-pearl, DBM, Recount, Sexy Map,

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: Health Pots

My most accomplished achievement: Winterspring Frostsaber

The thing in game I regret the most: Trashing my Fishing boots
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Main Character: Kraethi

State of residence: Massachusetts

Raiding Spec: Arcane

My most horrible Wow Experience: Quite possibly being stuck at 70 for six months in the middle of Wrath. Either that or the time I raided with a pally tank who insisted in tanking in holy...
Edit: Or dear god, that one time Gunship event glitched and Muradin jumped onto our ship

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: The time I tanked Netherspite in Karazhan- I got the red beam, and BLAM I have 40k health and he's hitting me oh god why won't he stop hitting me xD. Either that or the time I facepalmed when I tried to dump aggro on C'thun by using invisibility- A tip people: He's a giant eyeball. Not going to work.

My largest raiding flaw: I tend to take a secondary raid leader status sometimes.... :P

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would: Wait to finish all my quests to turn them in, just for the thrill. Actually, I sometimes still do that.

My favorite zone: The new Brill in Tirisfal Glades, or possibly ICC, just for the way it looks and the music.

My most disliked encounter: Engh, that room in sunken temple with the guys who come back as ghosts you can't kill. That or Deathwhisper. I hate that fight.

Addons I use: Recount, Quartz, GS (I'M SORRY lol)

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: My mind control cap. Srsly, that has saved my life. Either that or running out of arcane powder for buffs.

My most accomplished achievement: Having everyone but me wipe on Prince Malchezaar in Karazhan... he had 100k health left and I beat him :D
Edit: Or ICC Young Saurfang. I was the only ranged DPS, and we got the achievement "I've gone and made a mess" (Mark of the fallen champion less than three times) HELL YEAH

The thing in game I regret the most: Leveling to 68 in Firespec. I still love firespec, but for PvP now.

Edit: Woops this is a realm forum, should have checked before I posted when it came up in search :P
Edited by Kraethi on 12/16/2010 5:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Main Character: Deadanimals

State of residence: North Holland

Raiding Spec: I'll be anything you want baby.

My most horrible Wow Experience: Trying to pug Heroic Sindy, getting her to 1% and having Ammor DI someone by accident.

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: Scaring the #@!! out of 13 year olds with Veridian Town music.

My largest raiding flaw: I get frustrated with people who die to the same thing multiple times.

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would.....: Tank without a shield.

My favorite zone: Winterspring, I LUV SNO

My most disliked encounter: Naxx, didn't like it in Vanilla, didn't like it in WotLK

Addons I use: DXE, recount, power aura, dominos, mKeybind, MSBT

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: My patience.

My most accomplished achievement: NOTHING, I HAVE ACHIEVED NOTHING.

The thing in game I regret the most: NO REGRETS
Edited by Deadanimals on 12/17/2010 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
12/17/2010 1:07 AMPosted by Deadanimals
The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: Scaring the #@!! out of 13 year olds with Veridian Town music.

It was Lavender Town music!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Main Character: Tenangrycats

State of residence: Indiana

Raiding Spec: destro

My most horrible Wow Experience: Cata dropped and realized I had to rely on cross server pug tanks who rage quit because they are too *%@*ing stupid to not drop dnd/tclap/other aoe tanking ability in the middle of cced mobs, blaming the dps and healer as they bail.

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: First time tanking on an alt, downing Marrowgar as the sole survivng member of the raid, only to die in the fire he dropped just before dying. Or watching an old guild explode in the middle of a raid when our bear tank made a wrong turn, and the GM had a meltdown.

My largest raiding flaw: I am an angry, bitter @%#!*@@. And it shows. Raiding makes it worse. That and I refuse to summon people. I flew out there. So can you.

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would.....: Never use life tap. Why would I trade life for mana. Then I die faster.

My favorite zone: No real favorite

My most disliked encounter: Ulduar. *%@* that place.

Addons I use: Skada, DXE, Xperl, bartender, sm, titanpannel. Bagnon. quartz

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: seroquel

My most accomplished achievement: Downing Hero LK on my old server on our 2nd night of attempts.

The thing in game I regret the most: Not getting into high end raiding until the end of BC.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I just wanted to say...

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: Lam soloing Blood Queen with his hammer!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
12/17/2010 1:10 AMPosted by Torumin

It was Lavender Town music!

I WAS HALF ASLEEP WHEN I POSTED, SUE ME.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

That's not very nice. :(

My most horrible Wow Experience: Trying to pug Heroic Sindy, getting her to 1% and having Ammor DI someone by accident.

Ahhhomg that was TERRIBLE!!!!! Definitely agree.

Anyways, my turn!

Main Character: Graziella

State of residence: Washington (but I'm a Canadian!)

Raiding Spec: Holy

My most horrible Wow Experience: Either the 1% wipe on Sindragosa heroic thanks to Ammor, all of the super close wipes to herald, or the 100+ wipes on regular lich king 25 (I was there for all but about four of them....every single annoying, stupid wipe. Not a fun few weeks, but so satisfying when we finally got it down.)

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: "Sorry gotta go, my neighbor's house is on fire!" and then he comes back a few minutes later eating a sandwich...

(Note: Best I can think of right now, but funny things happen all the time. Dishonored raids are usually a blast.) and the example above actually wasn't from a dishonored raid.

My largest raiding flaw: I'm very quick to get frustrated with dumb mistakes if they simply don't stop happening, as are most/many people, it seems. I can also be easily distracted sometimes if someone tries to talk to me during an attempt or something like that.

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would.....: Spec in to PVP talents as a holy priest and take gear with hit on it...once or twice >.< THAT WAS LIKE TWO YEARS AGO, MOVING ON.

My favorite zone: Oh umm, I'd have to say storm peaks (because it's beautiful and home to one of the best raids ever made) or Vashj'ir, though it's a little cluttered when you're questing in it, it's also very, very pretty. I also love Dun Morogh and Elwynn forest, mainly because back before Azeroth flying I spent tons of time...ahem..."exploring" those zones, and found a couple of great hang-out spots which I still love, but which are hardly secret or cool anymore :(

My most disliked encounter: Firefighter was ANNOYING, even in a pug group when it wasn't current anymore, heroic Sindragosa was EVEN MORE ANNOYING and I never want to see the frozen throne again after all those wipes.

Addons I use: VuhDo, DBM, recount, MSBT, Pitbull, Bartender4, Prat, Sexymap, Quartz, and many, many others.

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: enchanting mats/gems for new stuff, I suppose. I guess I forget to bring enough food sometimes but generally no problems with the flasks/elixirs, food/feasts, etc.

My most accomplished achievement: Herald of the Titans for sure, I think. Bane of the fallen king, too. But Herald took a lot more time and effort and I was so happy when we got it.

The thing in game I regret the most: Not being a raider during Ulduar days (I started in ToC!) :(

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

My largest raiding flaw: I'm very quick to get frustrated with dumb mistakes if they simply don't stop happening, as are most/many people, it seems. I can also be easily distracted sometimes if someone tries to talk to me during an attempt or something like that.

If you mean frustrated with people than you aren't a Canadian! All Canadians are polite, caring and well-mannered; an excellent example of a respectful Canadian would definitely be Egna.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
TOO MUCH READING AND TYPING!

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would: switch to travel form in bgs thinking horde would run past me beacuse I looked like a mob. Oh btw that was a long time ago.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I remember when I was a fresh noob I would: switch to travel form in bgs thinking horde would run past me beacuse I looked like a mob. Oh btw that was a long time ago.

omg thats awesome
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Main Character: Châd

State of residence: IL

Raiding Spec: Enhancement

My most horrible Wow Experience: 25 man LK when i was in <Emergence>......You want to talk about a painful exp....no lie it was well over 100 wipes....I hated admitting defeat to an encounter that i knew we could do....just couldnt pick out the reasons why....

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: To pick one moment is trully impossible... so i will go with one of two...either the forever love our guild has for Dans mom...or as tor said http://dishonored.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5069029&gid=153069

My largest raiding flaw: I'm to nice, I play wow cause I like playing with the people in my guild, but I love raiding, and sometime as the RL I let people slide, or i dont really buckle down and show them they gotta step it, Working on this one....

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would.....: Think to my self who in Gods earth would want to spend 3-4 days a week 3-4 hours a night raiding....losers!

My favorite zone: Duskwood....I like the set up of the area, i like the concepts, undead, ghosts, nasty spidys everywhere! was my Fav area to get to in 1-60 content

My most disliked encounter: hmmmm.....I truley have enjoyed most all of the encounters ive been able to raid...I would say the one i just felt was not fun was....Gunship...really it was just boring after the first time....just flat out would rather afk and let someome else do it haha

Addons I use: Xperl, shock and awe, recount, dbm, webdkp, bartender, sexymap, quartz, gather, atlasloot, bugsnatcher, big brother, ensida fails, idk i got alot

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: Flasks lol

My most accomplished achievement: Well, I would say being the GM of two guild now, I started wow a year after it came out, and was totally a social player, never raided untill 2 weeks before wrath, so i started emergence when i desided i wanted to try and raid....and then dishonored when i wanted to raid and do well, and here we are in cata...hit 2nd on server for a few days lol, been top 4-5 the whole xpac so far....Its a good feeling, to be able to accomplish these things and have kept a core of the same people, a core of good friends.

The thing in game I regret the most: Not being able to give the guys in my guild who are truley server first matierial the server firsts they deserve.

A post this long i am sure there are tons of spelling errors, Sorry!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
01/18/2011 8:37 AMPosted by Châd
...hit 2nd on server for a few days lol,

YOU CAN NO HAS 2ND
=D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2011 12:21 AMPosted by Balmazer

If you mean frustrated with people than you aren't a Canadian! All Canadians are polite, caring and well-mannered; an excellent example of a respectful Canadian would definitely be Egna.

Am too Canadian. I'm really polite most of the time, and nice to nearly everyone (it takes a LOT to make me be a jerk to you..I hate being rude to people, and try to avoid it absolutely as much as possible.) I don't yell at people outright ever, and I always try to improve a situation rather than just rage out and do nothing.

That being said, yes, I get frustrated at times. Not with people--all of my guildies, and all of the people that I raid with are awesome people and great friends--but with a situation overall. If it feels like we should be getting somewhere but we're not (like the 100 wipes on LK) or we could be getting somewhere, but we're not (same example) then yes, I get frustrated. But I'm not mad at the people--I'm mad at the situation. It's not so much ever picking on individuals as being sad that we're having trouble as a whole. Happens rarely, but it does happen sometimes.

Generally we do great, Dishonored is always amongst the top few guilds on the server and I'm honored and happy to be a part of it's raiding core. However, nobody likes wiping and not feeling like they're getting anywhere. And that's all I have a problem with--banging my head against a wall and not feeling like I'm getting anywhere. I'm all for progression when we're progressing, wiping is absolutely fine when we're having fun, and learning and improving--simply put, my only problem is frustration with situations that feel totally static, like they're not really going anywhere. Again, this is a rarity--but it does happen, and it's always going to. However, this happens so rarely that the good outweighs that one minor negative factor by far. Also, I'd say that pretty much every raider experiences similar feelings of frustration with seemingly static situations such as the ones I mentioned before.

The only other thing I really have a problem with in raids is if the general atmosphere or attitude is bad, or if the morale is low. I hate those raids where everyone's a little cranky, every little mistake seems like the end of the world, and people are constantly ready to snap at each other. For whatever reason they occur--long day at work, personal problems, maybe just in a bad mood--those nights suck. But again, this type of situation is a rarity (especially in Dishonored) and it's not about the individual, because I'm sure there's at least one person in every raid who's in a crappy mood. It's about the overall feeling of the group, and when something's wrong there, when people are tense or snappish, it's always easy to tell.

My favorite raid nights are the nights when we're progressing on new stuff, when we're having fun, when the atmosphere is good and the morale is high and it really feels like you're making progress. The nights with joking around on trash, good concentration and overall awareness on bosses, and especially the nights when we get something new down (though even farm nights can be great fun if you're with the right people!) Those are the best raid nights, and the reason I'm generally really happy in Dishonored is because most of our nights are like that. Sure, every guild has an off-night where nothing seems to go right, but when you look at the big picture? Those nights are really minor.

Okay, essay response over. Don't know why I felt the need to write so much....I do that a lot. :) But yeah, Balmazer, basically I'm just trying to clarify what I meant by my answer to the question about raiding flaws.

TL;DR: When I say I get frustrated with dumb mistakes, I mean I get frustrated when morale and/or overall raid awareness levels are low and the group as a whole doesn't feel to be getting anywhere. In no way, shape, or form do I mean that I'm a jerk who likes to single out individuals and yell at them because I'm not, at all (in fact, I try to be as nice to everyone as I possibly can be--though nobody's perfect!) While I get frustrated at times when we just don't seem to be making progress (which are rare) I'm generally pretty happy, because the most common type of raid night is the type where sure, maybe something minor will go wrong, but overall nearly everyone's got a good attitude (and, as Chad would say, has brought their "A-Game") and nights like that are the best!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Some people may not enjoy or even take a look at some of these essay length intimate self-interviews, but I've read every single one! It's nice to know a little more about the people behind the pixels.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
In this cyber age, it warms my misanthropic heart and rekindles a bit of hope in humanity whenever I see such a lengthy and well-written post. Especially coming from someone so young. Bravo.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
01/18/2011 9:20 PMPosted by Murdertrain
In this cyber age, it warms my misanthropic heart and rekindles a bit of hope in humanity whenever I see such a lengthy and well-written post. Especially coming from someone so young. Bravo.

Stop lying, you have no heart.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]