The Best and Worst of Myself, add yourself!

85 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2011 9:20 PMPosted by Murdertrain
In this cyber age, it warms my misanthropic heart and rekindles a bit of hope in humanity whenever I see such a lengthy and well-written post. Especially coming from someone so young. Bravo.

I really appreciate it, Murdertrain :) I'm just flattered that at least one or two people took the time to read the entire thing! :D
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
"Okay, essay response over. Don't know why I felt the need to write so much....I do that a lot. :) But yeah, Balmazer, basically I'm just trying to clarify what I meant by my answer to the question about raiding flaws. "

Uhh... I was just joking about, if you knew Egna it would probably be more clear, (he's fairly rude foul mouthed and impulsive.) You did seem like fairly nice when I raided with you in ICC. I did enjoy reading your post though!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
01/19/2011 12:19 AMPosted by Balmazer
"Okay, essay response over. Don't know why I felt the need to write so much....I do that a lot. :) But yeah, Balmazer, basically I'm just trying to clarify what I meant by my answer to the question about raiding flaws. "

Uhh... I was just joking about, if you knew Egna it would probably be more clear, (he's fairly rude foul mouthed and impulsive.) You did seem like fairly nice when I raided with you in ICC. I did enjoy reading your post though!

Hah, yeah, I figured you weren't entirely serious. However, I did feel that my original post was a little ambiguous, and you gave me a great chance to clarify it. Really, though, I just got absorbed in the writing and the point I was trying to prove, even if you were joking. I tend to do that--I'll mean to write a paragraph and I'll end up writing an essay. I enjoy writing, though, and I'm glad you enjoyed reading my post! :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Grazi you are so adorable :) /hugs
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
lol she talks like she types...Just saying =)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
01/19/2011 12:25 PMPosted by Châd
lol she talks like she types...Just saying =)

Is that a compliment or not, chad? I can't tell! :P Actually, it's more of a true statement...I do talk a lot like I type, but not exactly the same.

/hugs disturbia :)
Edited by Graziella on 1/19/2011 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Main character: Junghova

Place of Residence: British Columbia Canada

Raiding spec: Disc (back when it was good)

My most horrible WoW experience: Back in vanilla, I was playing a human priest on Cenarius and I can remember the dark days of lag and times when the server would be down for extended time periods with no updates. I remember the guild i was in at the time was finally making progress in MC having downed the first three bosses and then the server crashed :( I was so pissed....

My largest raiding flaw: common as many of you - boredom, too quiet on vent

My favorite zone: For alliance, I always liked Westfall and for Horde, I always liked the old hillsbrad

My most disliked encounter: tie - Heroic Sindy and Heroic Putress - both a pain in the ass to heal as a disc priest

Addons I use: Healbot, DBM, Omen, Atlasloot

My most accomplished achievement: being able to still play the game I love while balancing r/l (kids, etc.)

The thing in game I regret the most: the multiple times i uninstalled thinking I was done....
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Main Character: Yohama

State of Residence: Indiana

Raiding Spec: Survival but with the upcoming changes im not so sure lol i might just stay survival and see how it plays out =P

My most horrible wow experience: Not being able to raid with Dishonered till summer because of my shotty internet connection =(

The funniest thing ever to happen in a raid: ...I cant even pick one lol! so many hilarious times with Dishonered runs =D

My largest raiding flaw: Not being in the right place at the right time

I remember i was a fresh noob when: I thought that 5 gold was a lot of money lol

My favorite zone: Definately Uldum, with so much titan lore and of course so many indiana jones style quests this zone keeps things fresh and interesting

My most disliked encounter: That dam firefighter...*shudders*

Addons I use: dbm, archy, and healbot

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: Flasks, Flasks, and more Flasks

My most accomplished achievement: Being apart of Dishonered, my Violet Proto Drake, and maxing my leatherworking for the first time at the beginning of an expansion

The thing in game I regret the most: DPSing as a ret pally in ornamated pvp gear back in BC
Reply Quote
Main Character: Molts

State of residence: California

Raiding Spec: Resto

My most horrible Wow Experience: Getting kicked on my warlock when I got the caster helm from gruul in TBC. Right after I got the helm QUOTE"we had an officer meeting and decided you're terrible so we kicked you." Ya I felt really mad, but I got the helm and proceeded to get in a much better guild a few days later :D

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: Duo-ing the boss that does the dance in naxx. Was like my guild's first try and everyone but the tank and me instantly died. Was the most epic, 30 mins ever.

My largest raiding flaw: I loathe doing progression content. I'm a very very easy mode player in any game. All the games I own, I play them all on easy mode, sometimes normal, and never try to do anything hard. And thus I hate doing content when it's new and requires lots of dieing. I'm just not the kind of person who likes challenge, real life has all the challenge I need.

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would.....: My first ever toon was a gnome lock, and I didn't know what a quest was, so I killed mobs from lvl 1-20, no quests or anything. I played well, fearing and doting, but I also didn't know why anyone would ever use lifetap, didn't even have it on my bar till I did SM armory at lvl 40-ish

My favorite zone: oh this is hard... I love grizzly hills music, and vashjir, and the atmosphere of deepholme and zangermarsh. Dun morogh has a special place in my heart too. I really couldn't pick a true favorite.

My most disliked encounter: NETHERSPITE ARGARGARG, he murdered me so many times... so did solarion, she's a jerk.

Addons I use: x-perl, bartender4, that's about it... I loathe DBM, and I don't like recount.

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: flasks, I am always repaired, got money for repairs, got all my gear, food, water, everything, but always forget flasks.

My most accomplished achievement: don't really have one I'm truly proud of atm.

The thing in game I regret the most: not lvling a druid, I have spec/gear OCD. I love grinding proffs and grinding in general. But my shaman is a healer, and is god awful at grinding anything but tank tears.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman

Main Character:Budenhagen (not the final fantasy character "Bugenhagen". The archeololgist from the original movie The Omen)

[b]State of residence:MD

[b]Raiding Spec:Resto

[b]My most horrible Wow Experience: Buying and equipping a wrong piece and hearing "sorry" from blizz support.

[b]The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: Wearing Depends.

[b]My largest raiding flaw: Forgetting the fishing pole is equipped.

[b]I remember when I was a fresh noob I would...When I first started someone gave me 1g and I thought "wow, how generous!"

[b]My favorite zone:
Twilight Zone

My most disliked encounter: Toc

Addons I use: Usual Suspects.

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: Food

My most accomplished achievement: Raiding as an old fart.

The thing in game I regret the most: Leveling 2 shaman to 85. Just too damn old and lazy to learn a new class.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Main Character: Tantricks

State of residence: Michigan

Raiding Spec: Destro

My most horrible Wow Experience: >.< Auto run key getting stuck.... and charging right on into Leotheras the Blind... my tanking fight. 25m wipe... Talk about embarrassing while I was getting yelled at in vent!!

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: lol, please see above!! Ah, memories. =)

My largest raiding flaw: I get frustrated with frequent afk's or un-prep'd / not ready at raid time. Toon ready, snack, drink, bio, etc.... it's not a "pop raid". ;) Why am I here waiting to summon you while you're having 47 flasks made AT RAID TIME?!? You've been sitting in Org for 3 hrs prior, trolling trade!! >.<

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would.....: I couldn't dive while in the water... and if I somehow did, I couldn't figure out how to swim back up! Yeah laugh it up, you know you did too!! =P

My favorite zone: Nagrand, hands down.

My most disliked encounter: Yogg 25m, when it was current. I ended up taking that spring / summer off and never downed him... =(

Addons I use: Omen, Recount, Xperl, Elkano's Buff Bars, DBM, Bartender, Bagnon, Postal, Armory, Quartz, ChinchillaMap, etc.

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: Extra gems..... just in case!

My most accomplished achievement: Balancing running a home, kids, etc and game play for so many years!

The thing in game I regret the most: Probably all the friends I have made that I no longer have, due to realm changing, game changing, RL situations, whatever the factors. I will cherish their friendships continuing outside of WoW, but still miss playing with them and the laughs we had... <3

Reply Quote
Tanny is just an awesome person / player.

I had so much fun running with her back in BC ,wrath and PVP doing a lot of crazy stuff.

We had Epic run im Magister's Terrace when i saved your ass at least a million time stunning the mob you aggroed ..... ( on my pally) ( you damn aggro freak ). This was the best time for me and these runs, i will remember forever

I'll try to up on horde side to say a big Crazy frenchman hello

I miss you a lot ...

Kisses and hugs ...

Serano
Edited by Diphtera on 2/22/2011 9:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Orc Death Knight

Main Character: Sabahe

State of residence: Ohio

Raiding Spec: Elemental

My most horrible Wow Experience: Being restricted by my disabilities to do as well as I wish I could do in the game.

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: Kiting Shandris Feathermoon to Org with my current guild, and watching 10-20 people, and Johnny, die to her AoE.

My largest raiding flaw: A.D.D

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would.....: Didn't know what a dungeon was, quested very little on my first toon, which was a hunter.

My favorite zone: Love love love Uldum!

My most disliked encounter: Non-Melee friendly raid bosses.

Addons I use: Omen, Recount, BigWigs, etc

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: Flasks, mana pots. Water.

My most accomplished achievement: Swift Zulian Tiger, [What a long strange trip it's been]!

The thing in game I regret the most: Losing contact with people I really thought I'd never go on in life without.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Main Character: Belletha

State of residence: Ohio

Raiding Spec: Ret

My most horrible Wow Experience: virtually any pug I am silly enough to join...

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: Watching a prot warr charge at Kolo... only to fall off the edge.

My largest raiding flaw: Intolerance toward people that make the same mistake over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would.....: not knowing my 'rotation' til almost lvl 80. Finally got addons (DBM/Omen/etc) then also.

My favorite zone: can't say I have a favorite zone overall.

My most disliked encounter: the one the boss doesn't die. (also H Sindy)

Addons I use: Skada, DBM, Omen, Postal, Altoholic, RA, AtlasLoot, many many more.

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: Screw that, I come prepared... even if I don't always flask. (I pull threat fast enough, tyvm)

My most accomplished achievement: later today, 50 exalted reps (woot Hydraxian)

The thing in game I regret the most: See noob answer. (Also, my apparent inability to get ANY mic to work with vent no matter how many time I - or anyone else - tries to fix)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
11/25/2010 12:58 AMPosted by Mguy
My most accomplished achievement: Joining Stay Frosty back in TBC and proving to myself and others that I was, in fact, skilled enough to run with the best. Most of the server knows who am I these days. Mguy is a duskwood legend.

You are and will always be a legend, Muhguy. We will never forget you.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
RIP my friend
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Just to keep this going, and in fond memory of Mguy, I'll add mine, to this list:

Main Character: Embermoon

State of residence: Florida

Raiding Spec: Enhancement, with Restoration off-spec

My most horrible Wow Experience: Coming back to the game, after a hiatus to join the military, only to discover that the guy I trusted, and had promoted to GM, had ninja'd the guild bank, demoted all of the officers, and thoroughly trashed the guild.

The funniest thing to ever happen in a raid: ...had just joined Stay Frosty, and my intro raid with them was a Naxxramas Undying achievement 25 run, when it was current content. One of my buddies had whispered me "dont f^(% up," as his only advice. Naturally, I'm a tad nervous. We get all the way to Kel'thuzad, and I'm happy, because not only have I not f^(%ed up, but I'm also giving Foodman some dps competition. We get KT down to 9%, and are feeling good, that we have the achievement in the bag. Next thing I know, the other probie, a lock, somehow wound up pulling aggro on KT, resulting in the main tank getting ice blocked, and KT nukes the offending lock-wanna-be-tank with his frost bolts, then proceeds to kill each successive target of highest hate. It's funnier, now.

My largest raiding flaw: The length of time it takes me to learn a fight. Other people can read a strat, or watch a video, and they "get it." Me? I'm a kinesthetic learner, and no matter how many times I watch a vid, or read a strat, I have to dig in, and make mistakes, before I "get" the nuances of the fight. After that, I'm good.

I remember when I was a fresh noob I would.....: Wait, I left the noob stage? When the hell did that happen? That being said, I remember using a shield, up until level 55-ish, back in BC. Even better, at level 70, I used fast weapons, had no concept of a rotation, stood in front of bosses, in fire, and had to ask a) what DPS meant, and b) if I was DPS. My first guild saw my 100-200 dps (not k, just 100-200) in kara, and asked Foodman to talk to me, like it was an intervention. In short order, his advice helped me routinely top dps in my guild's raid group. Even so, I was still a noob, wearing all of my welfare season 4 and 5 pvp epics.

My favorite zone: Jade Forest. Love. the. music.

My most disliked encounter: You know, that pug that has that guy; the one who mouths off, and insults people, when he'd never have the courage to do so, in real life, because he'd get his teeth kicked in? Yeah, that encounter sucks.

Addons I use: Vuhdo, Recount, and DBM are my only raid-relevant addons.

Things I should always have on me but always forget to bring to raid: Now that I have a Landro's Lil' XT, to bust up jackholes' train sets, my list is complete.

My most accomplished achievement: Getting the Ulduar 10 man hard mode meta achievement, as well as the 10 man hard mode ToGC meta achievement, when they were current content.

The thing in game I regret the most: Seeing so many good players and people leave Duskwood. Especially Mguy. /salute
Reply Quote
92 Orc Shaman
im canadian i love it balmazer is awsome and i miss mguy and my name is egna nuff said
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]