R. I. P.

85 Troll Druid
In honor of The Shattering I feel that we should take a moment to mourn the loss of some of our close friends.

R.I.P Perma-Tree of Life
R.I.P Tranq Spam
R.I.P Old Tree Model
R.I.P Rocket BOOTS (I hate that our boots are on our belt now ><)
R.I.P RNGesus (as if anyone cares ;) )
R.I.P H HOR (soon)

For your viewing pleasure I offer this video. Make sure you turn off the sound, cause the narrator sounds like an idiot =/.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks_gMfwN400

P.S I'm sorry the video quality sucks laptop FTL. At least the concept is good ;)

Enjoy =D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
R.I.P. Org AH roof :/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
R.I.P. all the characters of the great players who have quit, imo. I'm looking at you, Prometea. I barely recognize people anymore. My once-full and lively friends list is now lucky to have 2 online, and they're not people I really enjoy playing with or get to play with, or they're in my guild (pointless to have them on the friends list, then).

DF tool has ruined that aspect of the game. I no longer get to know people through my trade channel pugs, see their abilities and their personalities through repeated runs, have the opportunity to fill my friends list with active players I enjoy playing with.

R.I.P. on-server pugging, and with those goes additions to my friends list. I miss BC for no other reason but this. I don't learn anything about the way people play or act from the rare faceroll ICC10 pug I do unless it's not faceroll, then I clearly don't want to add them. The trade chat pugs that were successful sometimes evolved into as good a friendship as there can be through the anonymity of the game, and it's gone.

I hope they add an option to wait for a group of people only from your server, and that people take that option enough for it to be viable. I want to be able to open my friends list and find options to fill that last pug spot again, or an entire group's worth of people for a heroic again.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
RIP Kodo that loves Bloodpetal spores in Marshall's Refuge.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
/signed to what Woopee said about the Dungeon Finder tool. Yes, it's much more convenient to find groups and level now, but it has removed some of the social aspect of the game.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
well least ya dont get surrounded with gnomes in a instance i remember back in the day when that has happened in raids
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage

DF tool has ruined that aspect of the game. I no longer get to know people through my trade channel pugs, see their abilities and their personalities through repeated runs, have the opportunity to fill my friends list with active players I enjoy playing with.

FWIW, I wouldn't count on-server pugging as dead yet. I'm hoping to do my Cataclysm pugging with at least a majority of on-server people. Given how incredibly bad people are at Wrath dungeons, 2 years in and outgearing them by a mile, I have absolutely no inclination to use the DF solo if I have any other choice.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
^ What he said.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I hope the Cata heroics are hard so I'll actually be able to find a group outside the DF if I want to.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
RIP Chaotic skyflare diamond.
RIP Sitting in front of the north bank with your new bling.
RIP Seperate 10/25 content..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]