Divine Storm must proc H.Power or is useless

90 Human Paladin
You obviously don't understand why DS exists in Cata. It's supposed to be only used in a situation where you're hitting 3+ enemies. Otherwise, IT IS SUPPOSED to be a DPS loss. Otherwise, why would you even CS?

Hammer of the righteous would like to have a word with you.
Reply Quote
52 Dwarf Rogue
Divine Storm was better as a finisher.
It had synergy with our new resource and our mastery.
It was still comparatively bad.
The new one is far worse.

Crying made this abomination. Crying will make it worse.

Drowning in your tears,
Genar Tornspart
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, Blizzard has specifically said that it's an issue, and that they want paladins using DS.

Your rotation will look a lot different in aboout ten days when you no longer have a three second CS. You will not be approaching these haste levels for a long, long time.

I am dreading this the most. a 4.5 second CS rotation is as clunky and terrible as it gets.
Reply Quote
52 Dwarf Rogue

Hammer of the righteous would like to have a word with you.

I HEAR PROTECTION IS THE DPS SPEC! HEY, GUYS! PROTECTION IS FOR DPS! I LIKE LONG WALKS ON THE BEACH AND BEING IGNORANT!

Mockingly yours,
Genar Tornspart
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Nice to have Divine Storm back, but if it is going to share a cooldown with Crusader Strike, it MUST proc a Holy Power or it becomes a near useless ability, requiring 4-5 mobs before it stops being a DPS loss. And as has been stated oh-so-many times, Cata is not meant for large mobs.

I'd almost rather have it back to using Holy Power. At least then it got used. Now Divine Storm is almost as useless as Divine Plea.

On a related note, any chance of getting the old sound effect back for Divine Storm. This new, environmentally-friendly quiet sound effect is wimpy.

If we want to keep with the RNG nature of Hand of Light, I can suggest a modification to Divine Purpose, where the use of the ability itself is not the generator of the 40% HP buff, but rather when stiking an enemy with said ability (no HP for misses). This way, each successfully landed strike with DS can proc HP, up to and including leading into a DS->TV chain.

The problem I am seeing with DS is that it is now causing me to proc HP gratuitously. You'd think this wasn't a problem, as it seems to be doing just this, and maybe my 2pc bonus is somehow back to the original T10 2pc, as DS sometimes seems to reset! This is producing faster full HP pools.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]