Unbound Escape Key

85 Undead Priest
On my warrior I accidentally bound the <Esc> key to a movement button, and now I can't get it back to the default functions. (I've re-bound my movement key to another button.)

Namely, Esc no longer closes any interface panels I have up (Guild/Character/Bag buttons, etc). It also does not open the menu that allows you to log out, exit, edit sound/video, etc.

I've deleted my WTF folders and exited the game. I've also tried to use my Priest's settings (where the Esc key works perfectly) for my Warrior, through the Bartender addon, but to no avail.

It's not the end of my world, but it is rather annoying.

Thanks for your help!

xoxo
Gentileschi
Reply Quote
Community Manager
You can open up the menu you need by clicking on the tiny computer button to the left of the red Help question mark that should be in the center of your screen by default. From there, open up your Key Bindings menu. You can then rebind your key individually, though it may be easiest, if you do not have many custom bound keys, to simply use the 'Reset to Default' button in the lower left-hand corner.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Restore to Default worked like a charm.

Note to self: Read before you post!

Thanks a bunch!

xoxo
Gentileschi
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
I'd much rather edit the file manually, for I don't want to lose my settings. Would it be "BIND ESCAPE MENU"?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
bind ESCAPE TOGGLEGAMEMENU
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Paladin
PLease do not Necro old threads. It serves no purpose and is against the Forums TOS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]